Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Timmy Hill will not Run any Cup Races the Remainder of the Year

+10
Rykia
pennst24
RealRacer4
PYLrulz
Tanrar
day500champ1
Mystrsyko
navycook75
Vincent Giacalone
AntmanB
14 posters

Go down

Timmy Hill will not Run any Cup Races the Remainder of the Year Empty Timmy Hill will not Run any Cup Races the Remainder of the Year

Post by AntmanB Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:51 am

Tire testing at Michigan: UPDATE: Goodyear Tire Testing is scheduled at Michigan International Speedway on Tuesday April 3rd and Wednesday April 4, 2012. Drivers scheduled to test: #2-Brad Keselowski (Dodge), #17-Matt Kenseth (Ford), #42-Juan Pablo Montoya (Chevy) and #24-Jeff Gordon (Chevy). The Turn 1 grandstand seats will be open for fans free of charge on April 3-4.(MIS/Goodyear)(3-28-2012)
UPDATE: #2-Brad Keselowski made history at Michigan International Speedway on Tuesday. The Rochester Hills native took the first laps on the newly paved surface at the racetrack during a Goodyear Tire test. "I feel the decision to pave in October, giving it some time to set was very beneficial," Keselowski said. "The track should be ready to go in record time for a repave. It should be in great shape when we come back here for the race." Keselowski was the first car out at 1:23 p.m., shortly following a rain delay. He was joined at the test by fellow NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers #24-Jeff Gordon, #17-Matt Kenseth and #42-Juan Pablo Montoya. Keselowski tweeted throughout the test, saying the track would reach top speeds on Day 2 of the test on Wednesday. But that didn't keep him from reaching 212, enough to break the 1984.232 mph track qualifying record set by Ryan Newman in 2005. Gordon topped off at nearly 215 mph, he said. But a Goodyear Tire test isn't necessarily about how fast the NASCAR stock cars can go, but rather collecting data the tire company can use to build a good race tire for the track's NASCAR events. The two-day test concludes 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday. The Turn 1 grandstands will be open for fans free of charge throughout the day. Fans may park in Lot 10, off US 12.(MIS)(4-4-2012)

Timmy Hill returning to Nationwide Series: Timmy Hill, the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series Rookie of the Year, will return to the Nationwide Series with Rick Ware Racing for the remainder of the 2012 season, starting with the Friday, April 13th event at Texas Motor Speedway. Hill and the RWR team attempted the move to the Sprint Cup Series this year [in the #37]. "Rick Ware Racing has been awesome to me throughout my entire racing career," said Hill. "We as a team took a chance to compete in the Sprint Cup Series and move this team to the next level. We learned a lot from this experience, but it's time to take a step back and regroup on what we learned to apply that for the future. So we are temporarily putting the Cup program on hold. We are not out of racing and you will see myself and Rick Ware Racing at Texas ready to go in the Nationwide Series race."(Hill PR)(4-3-2012)

AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Timmy Hill will not Run any Cup Races the Remainder of the Year Empty Re: Timmy Hill will not Run any Cup Races the Remainder of the Year

Post by Vincent Giacalone Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:04 pm

Oh Michigan got repaved that's cooWAITAMINUTE 215 MPH????

NASCAR. Slow cars down plz.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Timmy Hill will not Run any Cup Races the Remainder of the Year Empty Re: Timmy Hill will not Run any Cup Races the Remainder of the Year

Post by navycook75 Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:11 pm

Nascarboy426 wrote:Oh Michigan got repaved that's cooWAITAMINUTE 215 MPH????

NASCAR. Slow cars down plz.
knowing NASCAR, they will, can you imagine the speeds they would reach in a draft?
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystrsyko Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:16 pm

I think that is most likely peak speed on entry to the corners
Mystrsyko
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:45 pm

Mystrsyko wrote:I think that is most likely peak speed on entry to the corners

For sure, remember the entrance speeds at Auto Club (oh, wait no one watched that except for me). But, were about 206-207.
But, 215mph for an entrance is still frickin' flying.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:03 pm

If a car gets airborne at Michigan... Oh budday.
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:23 pm

RandomClassic wrote:If a car gets airborne at Michigan... Oh budday.

It's happened before. Elliot Sadler in I believe practice in either '99 or '00.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:39 pm

day500champ1 wrote:
RandomClassic wrote:If a car gets airborne at Michigan... Oh budday.

It's happened before. Elliot Sadler in I believe practice in either '99 or '00.

Yeah, but if it happens with THESE speeds... *Carl Edwards wreck here*
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:30 pm

I have to believe that 215 is, like everybody said, a corner entry speed. If that is an average lap, holy geezus what did they do there?!?
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:55 pm

Good lord. I wouldn't be surprised if NASCAR did something to slow the cars down. If I'm reading it right, we're talking about open-wheel-type speeds. That's insane!!!

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:59 pm

inb4nascarputsrestrictorplateonatmichigancreatingworstraceever
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:08 pm

pennst24 wrote:inb4nascarputsrestrictorplateonatmichigancreatingworstraceever
it'd be a New Hampshire 2000 2.0
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:20 pm

navycook75 wrote:

inb4itwillstillbemoreexcitingthenfontana

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:54 pm

Rykia_RKXK wrote:
navycook75 wrote:

inb4everyonewhorepliestothistopicsaysinb4

In all seriousness, though, plates at a 2-mile banked track would probably have better results than plates at a 1-mile track that's as flat as Death Valley.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tommykl Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:24 am

Nascarboy426 wrote:
Rykia_RKXK wrote:
navycook75 wrote:

inb4everyonewhorepliestothistopicsaysinb4

In all seriousness, though, plates at a 2-mile banked track would probably have better results than plates at a 1-mile track that's as flat as Death Valley.
C-C-C-COMBOBREAKER!!
tommykl
tommykl
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:23 am

I might sound like an absolute mad man for saying this, (heck, I sound like a mad man half the time anyway) but I say we should keep the speeds where they are, at least for a little while to see how things work out. These cars are safer than they've ever been, and I think we can afford a little extra speed and excitement; Lord knows it couldn't hurt, especially at Michigan.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:54 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:I might sound like an absolute mad man for saying this, (heck, I sound like a mad man half the time anyway) but I say we should keep the speeds where they are, at least for a little while to see how things work out. These cars are safer than they've ever been, and I think we can afford a little extra speed and excitement; Lord knows it couldn't hurt, especially at Michigan.

This.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:38 pm

AntmanB wrote:the 1984.232 mph track qualifying record set by Ryan Newman in 2005.

Where was the media when Ryan Newman went Mach 2 in a stock car? Timmy Hill will not Run any Cup Races the Remainder of the Year 277638789
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down