Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you change about Formula 1?

+9
tommykl
PYLrulz
f1fan12
conrail1990
Blake Camphausen
Ceej
Alta
RealRacer4
BWard
13 posters

Go down

What would you change about Formula 1? Empty What would you change about Formula 1?

Post by BWard Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:37 pm

If you were in charge of Formula 1, what would you do to change about the sport?

Like for example:

• amount of overtaking

• number of cars on grid

• Type of tyre supplier

• edit the schedule

• change style of the cars

Last edited by BWardboy88 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

What would you change about Formula 1? Empty Re: What would you change about Formula 1?

Post by RealRacer4 Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:40 pm

This:
What would you change about Formula 1? Catherham

What would you change about Formula 1? 24xhy1k

Supposedly the new Caterham F1 car for this season.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

What would you change about Formula 1? Empty Re: What would you change about Formula 1?

Post by Alta Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:00 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:If you were in charge of Formula 1, what would you do to change about the sport?

Like for example:

• amount of overtaking

Explain further.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceej Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:02 pm

He clearly wants no overtaking at all. It gets very hard to keep track of where everybody is when they're all trying to pass each other.
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:07 pm

Well I mean by one of them that obviously is well would you keep the DRS in F1 to keep the amount of overtaking that happens in the sport. If it were me, I'd get rid of the DRS because it seems to have ruined the chances of making the driver's own overtakes.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:25 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:Well I mean by one of them that obviously is well would you keep the DRS in F1 to keep the amount of overtaking that happens in the sport. If it were me, I'd get rid of the DRS because it seems to have ruined the chances of making the driver's own overtakes.

I'd like to see it gone because it doesn't show true driver skill.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:29 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:Well I mean by one of them that obviously is well would you keep the DRS in F1 to keep the amount of overtaking that happens in the sport. If it were me, I'd get rid of the DRS because it seems to have ruined the chances of making the driver's own overtakes.

I'd like to see it gone because it doesn't show true driver skill.

Yeah exactly, it's completely ruined the racing in F1.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:40 pm

Honestly, The only thing I'd generally like to see is the FIA's bias toward Ferrari to end. And to put it into Minecraft terms to keep it family friendly, The Nether will freeze over before that happens.
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by conrail1990 Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:56 pm

I'd like to see an end to the mid year FOX coverage. The races are more exciting to me live.
conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:12 pm

conrail1990 wrote:I'd like to see an end to the mid year FOX coverage. The races are more exciting to me live.

I've been watching F1 races from this website since I left for college. 1) It's from BBC, which means it's commercial-free throughout the whole race and 2) Ben Edwards is going to be the new play-by-play commentator this year so it should make every race pretty damn exciting. Very Happy

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:35 pm

Eliminate half the Tilkedromes
Eliminate Austin and Port Imperial
Add Watkins Glen with boot
Add Mexico City
Add Paul Ricard
Add Brands Hatch
Dump Silverstone
Dump Korea
Dump Albert Park
Add Adelaide (SP?)
Add Road America
Add Kaylami
Dump Abu Dhabi
Redesign Hungaroring
Nurburging becomes permenent German GP
Bye Bye Valincia
Hello Jarama
Dump Catalunya.

f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:57 am

Other than suggesting different tracks, and trying to get rid of the politics that are involved in F1, I say I wouldn't change a whole hell of a lot, as of right now

conrail1990 wrote:I'd like to see an end to the mid year FOX coverage. The races are more exciting to me live.

I don't mind the FOX coverage, but what I would like to see is having them still air the races live on Speed the morning of the race. At least for me, then I don't have to worry about getting up early to watch the race, and instead, be able to watch the race before I go to bed (with me being a 3rd shifter and all).

The other thing I would like to see them do is have a 30 minute pre-race show for the FOX races. Get people up to speed about something they typically do not watch. Have them learn a thing or two about F1 that they might not typically know about.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:20 am

Non Track Suggestions

Open it up, lessen the tech regulations.

Eliminate the DRS zones, meaning they can open DRS anywhere.

V6, V8, V10, and V12, engines teams choice. (Pre 1996)

If only 1 engine size, V12's, they would scream down the track

Eliminate 5 seconds a lap system, to 60 seconds a race.

Lessen the cost for F1 teams so more teams can attempt, even if their fail.

Open up opperitunities to American Drivers and teams, how would it feel if a Target Ganassi team would be on the F1 Circut.

Eliminate 107% rule- See next for why

New Qualifying procedure, 20 minute Qualifying session, 2 average rule second rule, meaning the average time of the qualifying session would be taken, the if you are 2 seconds off the average time, you won't race. I did the math and, the Murussia's would be eliminated in all 6 sessions I looked at, HRT in all six except for Daniel Riccardo once. 4 races the now Lotus (Green) Cars would be eliminated. Algersuari twice, Kobyashi Sad twice. EDIT: Now that I think about it, I would race it to 3 seconds.

Allow refueling (I don't know how this will go over with you)

Up the limit of starters to 30 or 32 cars

Eliminate Team Orders again- If any team attempts it they get an immedete race ban and/or disqualification from the event.

No pit lane starts- if the car stalls you must wait in your pit box.

Tire wars- Perrli vs Bridgestone vs Goodyear vs Michellien (SP?)

Add lights to, Melbourne, Maylaysia, and any Asian track to allow, European coverage, even though it would hurt Americans.

No tire rules, meaning no madated prime tires, so the tire manufactures would bring every tire compound and the teams would have to choose.

More to come later.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by tommykl Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:46 am

Since most of the topics have already been talked about, I'll just give my own opinions according to all of yours.

DRS: I wouldn't ban it, but I would change the way it's used. Right now, the DRS zones are usually at the places that were regarded as overtaking spots beforehand. What I would like to see is a DRS zone where it's difficult to pass, to actually have more overtaking chances around the track, rather than just one ridiculously easy shot at passing every lap.

Bias towards Ferrari: some might argue that McLaren are now getting the same treatment, but I agree that bias has no place in any type of sport. Sadly, that's going to be difficult to acheive in F1, now that Jean Todt is president of the FIA.

TV coverage: as a European, I can't say anything about TV coverage in the US, but I would give the British rights back to the BBC. Formula 1 should NEVER go to pay-per-view or satellite TV. EVER.

f1fan12 wrote:Eliminate half the Tilkedromes Agreed
Eliminate Austin and Port Imperial I wouldn't eliminate Port Imperial. It looks like a good track with plenty of elevation changes.
Add Watkins Glen with boot I would love to see that happen, but it would be a bit boring TBH, and it would need serious renovation.
Add Mexico City Only if the Peraltada returns.
Add Paul Ricard Already coming back in 2013.
Add Brands Hatch Safety problems and the neighbours being major douchebags are a problem, but I absolutely love that track.
Dump Silverstone Or at least make it quicker again.
Dump Korea Agreed
Dump Albert Park I disagree. Melbourne has always given good races.
Add Adelaide (SP?) I love Adelaide, but all the 90° corners would make it difficult to overtake.
Add Road America That would be amazing from a driver's point of view, but it's too far from any big cities.
Add Kaylami Honestly, Kyalami sucked the last time F1 went there. I don't think it would be any better now.
Dump Abu Dhabi This
Redesign Hungaroring The elevation changes would make it hard, but it could be interesting if done well enough.
Nurburging becomes permenent German GP I honestly can't see any problems with Hockenheim, so the rotation would remain.
Bye Bye Valincia This, this, a million times this.
Hello Jarama I don't think it's adapted to F1 anymore, and it's too twitsy to have any good overtakes anymore.
Dump Catalunya That might happen very soon, actually

Open it up, lessen the tech regulations. A good idea, but it shouldn't get out of hand. Excessive innovation usually led to drivers experiencing neck problems after some time in the car.

Eliminate the DRS zones, meaning they can open DRS anywhere. That could potentially be dangerous, so I'd say no to that.

V6, V8, V10, and V12, engines teams choice. (Pre 1996) Not a bad idea, it sure would attract new engine manufacturers.

If only 1 engine size, V12's, they would scream down the track. As a fan, I'd say yes, but in the "save the environment" era, that wouldn't go down so well with the ecologists.

Eliminate 5 seconds a lap system, to 60 seconds a race. I don't quite see what you meant there Neutral

Lessen the cost for F1 teams so more teams can attempt, even if their fail. That would be great, but Bernie would have to go through brain surgery first Laughing

Open up opperitunities to American Drivers and teams, how would it feel if a Target Ganassi team would be on the F1 Circut. It's not like they're getting turned down. The last American team to try F1 failed epically. As for drivers, there aren't many young talents that made the decision to go to Europe. I feel Alexander Rossi is the best-placed to be in F1 soon.

Eliminate 107% rule- See next for why

New Qualifying procedure, 20 minute Qualifying session, 2 average rule second rule, meaning the average time of the qualifying session would be taken, the if you are 2 seconds off the average time, you won't race. I did the math and, the Murussia's would be eliminated in all 6 sessions I looked at, HRT in all six except for Daniel Riccardo once. 4 races the now Lotus (Green) Cars would be eliminated. Algersuari twice, Kobyashi twice. EDIT: Now that I think about it, I would race it to 3 seconds. If you look at my sig, you'll know why I would say no. Non-qualification should be possible, but not that easy to acheive. Make it 106% for example. A set amount of time would be unfair, as the gap changes constantly from track to track.

Allow refueling (I don't know how this will go over with you) No. I think fuel and tyre management is an essential skill in motorsport. You can have a race where both quick but erratic drivers and unimpressive but calmer drivers get equal chances to shine.

Up the limit of starters to 30 or 32 cars. That would be a recipe for disaster at places like Monaco. I'd limit the grid sizes according to track length and width.

Eliminate Team Orders again- If any team attempts it they get an immedete race ban and/or disqualification from the event. I'd love for that to happen, but it would be to difficult to enforce, sadly.

No pit lane starts- if the car stalls you must wait in your pit box. Isn't that essentially the same as a pitlane start?

Tire wars- Perrli vs Bridgestone vs Goodyear vs Michellien (SP?) This. Oh, and it's Pirelli and Michelin.

Add lights to, Melbourne, Maylaysia, and any Asian track to allow, European coverage, even though it would hurt Americans. Melbourne's local authorities don't want too much noise on Sunday night Rolling Eyes As for Sepang, there were plans to install lights a few years ago, but they didn't materialize.

No tire rules, meaning no madated prime tires, so the tire manufactures would bring every tire compound and the teams would have to choose. That's a very good idea. It would spice up the racing even more.
tommykl
tommykl
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:18 pm

What I agree with people's opinions so far:
-Get rid of the DRS, 107% qualifying rule.
-Dumping Abu Dhabi, Valencia, Korea, and other tracks that F1 shouldn't be at and put some of the tracks back into the schedule, like the French G.P. What the hell is F1 doing with no French GP???
-Opening up the rules (engines, turbochargers, tire compounds, more manufacturers, even if they maybe by derp-type teams, ground effects [to a certain extent]).
-Get rid of team orders. It can ruin just about any race.
-Allow refueling.

My personal ideas/opinions:
-Bernie needs to be replaced, being that he can be a money whore.
-As mentioned above, open up the rules, but to a certain extent. There shouldn't be any electronic devices (traction control, active suspension, launch control, etc.) used that will reduce the amount of work for the driver. Lift some of the bans for the body work, but nothing to the point where there's 10,000 spoilers and wings mounted onto the cars.
-Limit the field to 26, maybe 28 cars, depending on track size.
-Jean Todt, so far, hasn't been as bad as Max Mosley and Jean-Marie Balestre, who were complete DOUCHES.
-Change the wheelbase and the width of the tires prior to '93.
-Loosen up on some of the driver rules (block once, get a one lap penalty).
-Quit being so harsh on copyrights.

For now, that's all I got.

EDIT: Oh yeah. We've all grown on the new front and rear wings so much I forgot to bring up the idea of bringing back the old wings prior to the '09 season.

Last edited by RealRacer4 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:20 pm

Road America is about three hours north of Chicago, which is a pretty major city. The only problem with Road America is that Elkhart Lake is a really small town...

At the moment, I can only think of a few things:

- Move some of the DRS zones. Okay, 2011 was a learning experience for F1 with it, now that they understand how it works, they can work on perfecting it. Basically what tommykl said, though, they were in places where people would pass anyway. Move them to areas you don't typically see a pass in and it might open that up for passing as well.

- Overhaul the regulations. I've said it a few times before. F1 cars are fast cars, but they're not meant for racing. A few things that I would change in this department:
- Increase the weight minimum substantially.
- Drastically change the size of the wings. I'm talking to something looking a little more like that.
- Give the cars more power so that they're rocketing down the straights. With those small wings, though... What would you change about Formula 1? 215644238

- 28 starters for every Grand Prix.

- Mandate that the only thing on the rear wing endplates is the car number. It's a pet peeve of mine if nothing else... and considering certain drivers change their helmet designs a lot, it would make recognizing their cars a little bit easier.

- I know this one is impossible, but get rid of all the Ferrari/McLaren bias in the FIA. :\

- In a similar vein, the culture of team orders as well, but that exists just about everywhere.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystrsyko Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:27 am

Remove the wings altogether and run with all downforce produced under the floor. This would mean less "dirty air" and less dependency on clean air, meaning cars car run closer together, if the drivers are ballsy enough.

Also, running anti-climb devices on the street circuits isn't a bad idea. It's ok if a car goes airborne with plenty of runoff to catch it, but things could end badly at say, Monaco. Or Singapore. Or New Jersey.

And I would add a track to the schedule with a corner banked at, say, 9 degrees, just to watch everyone have a meltdown over the "excessive forces".
Mystrsyko
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:32 am

Mystrsyko wrote:Remove the wings altogether and run with all downforce produced under the floor. This would mean less "dirty air" and less dependency on clean air, meaning cars car run closer together, if the drivers are ballsy enough.

Also, running anti-climb devices on the street circuits isn't a bad idea. It's ok if a car goes airborne with plenty of runoff to catch it, but things could end badly at say, Monaco. Or Singapore. Or New Jersey.

And I would add a track to the schedule with a corner banked at, say, 9 degrees, just to watch everyone have a meltdown over the "excessive forces".

Indy 04 and 05, Ralf Schumacher had severe crashes in turn 13, also known as Indycar 1. Then in 05 all the non Bridgestone cars, which I belive were 14 cars couldnt take the G's in 13, I guess they've changed the road course now so they don't have to run it, and I belive they run it Counter Clockwise now for Moto GP.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:12 pm

f1fan12 wrote:
Add Watkins Glen with boot - Not a bad idea, but NASCAR pretty much owns that track.
Add Mexico City - I don't think there would be a very good race here.
Add Paul Ricard - Agreed.
Add Brands Hatch - Agreed again.
Dump Silverstone - It's not as good as Brands Hatch, but still is a nice race.
Dump Korea - Agreed.
Dump Albert Park - Really? That was THE best race of the 2011 F1 Schedule!
Add Adelaide (SP?) - Disagree. This track almost killed Mika Hakkinen, and it wouldn't provide good racing.
Add Road America - This would be interesting.
Add Kaylami - YES.
Dump Abu Dhabi - Again, YES.
Redesign Hungaroring - I don't mind how it is now, but a redesign would shake things up
Nurburging becomes permenent German GP - As long as it's not the Nordschliefe, agreed.
Bye Bye Valincia - This was another good race Sad
Hello Jarama - Would be interesting...
Dump Catalunya. - Do it.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:25 pm

f1fan12 wrote:
Add Adelaide (SP?)

YES. A MILLION TIMES YES.
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down