Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 ARLA Patriot Cola scheme (WIP)

5 posters

Go down

2012 ARLA Patriot Cola scheme (WIP) Empty 2012 ARLA Patriot Cola scheme (WIP)

Post by SnakePlissken Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:07 pm

2012 ARLA Patriot Cola scheme (WIP) 21kcggj
2012 ARLA Patriot Cola scheme (WIP) Bacnm

If you look very carefully you'll see that the shading on the #s and Patriot Cola logos are different on both sides as well as the shading on the stars.

The metal flake effect isn't showing up very well either.

I can already see some finagling needs to be done on the side logos and star field. Rolling Eyes

These 2048 temps are making these cars slow going!

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

2012 ARLA Patriot Cola scheme (WIP) Empty Re: 2012 ARLA Patriot Cola scheme (WIP)

Post by BWard Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:19 pm

Looks amazing! I guess Libby Bell must be proud of you for this.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

2012 ARLA Patriot Cola scheme (WIP) Empty Re: 2012 ARLA Patriot Cola scheme (WIP)

Post by Mother of Invention Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:26 pm

Looks good as usual, but here's an idea. Flip-Flop the Logo and the text and text won't look so chopped off.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:05 am

Mother of Invention wrote:Flip-Flop the Logo and the text and text won't look so chopped off.

I gave that idea some consideration, but eventually felt the star field would look too busy especially with the script text on top of it. I feel that the 2048 templates make it much easier to read the text on the quarters and that it'll still be fairly legible.

Speaking of the star field-- I tried to finagle it as best I could but after 20 attempts or so I still wasn't happy with it so I scrapped it altogether and started from scratch. I think it turned out to look better in the end anyway. Little things like the stars not lining up across the bottom of the hood drive me bonkers!

2012 ARLA Patriot Cola scheme (WIP) 11ugf43

Tenor's don't render the rear of the car, so I thought I'd post the flat and maybe antknee might do the groovy render he has for this mod.

I also tested out a different Tonare emblem on the b pillars to see how it'd look, but the final decision on the Tonare emblem rests with BurningThunder.

One thing that I still don't like is the right rear fender extension being blue. Is there any way to turn it off so that the red, white, and blue all show up on it?

Any more comments or suggestions?

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:11 am

I don't believe you can turn that off, it's part of the model itself.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:15 am

gwoodard41 wrote:I don't believe you can turn that off, it's part of the model itself.

You can paint on it, however. It's that large part in the drivers' compartment that doesn't have the chrome parts on it.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:26 pm

2012 ARLA Patriot Cola scheme (WIP) 125mbrs
2012 ARLA Patriot Cola scheme (WIP) 6gzv3d

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:35 pm

I would make the B-Pillar Logos a bit smaller, but the car is looking great!
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down