Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

+48
Dan Mackay
Mystrsyko
antknee
Nextelracer
BWard
rightdrive1
GamerAzuzu
gwoodard41
Nascarfan13
hect
OpenwheelRiggleman
BBoy
F1V1
JMac525
Blackout
Alta
Syzygy
PKligBKFan
Cynon
Racerfan275
Vincent Giacalone
Chives2112
RealRacer4
Tanrar
teamwhiper
PackerMan71
crl
RyanB06
Magus978
pennst24
pepsibottle1
conrail1990
navycook75
racingfreak1999
bartman97
day500champ1
Ben Atkins
Mother of Invention
Sparkz47
AntmanB
FlashRod4
MPatterson1724
Blake Camphausen
f1fan12
Cardinals5
flyingturns89
Jason Hamilton
Rykia
52 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) - Page 7 Empty Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by f1fan12 Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:06 pm

This is what I'll be doing in the second semester of my Pre-Engineering Class, odds are, someone coughcynoncough wishes his school had this for a project. He has BBC robot battles in his favorites

Last edited by f1fan12 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) - Page 7 Empty Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by Rykia Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:30 pm

Sick of tests...I've had somewhere around six to eight this week (csnt remember exactly), with two more tomorrow.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:38 pm

Awesome dude! Should show us the completed product when finished.

Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:51 pm

Alta wrote:Awesome dude! Should show us the completed product when finished.

Thats not my class, we don't do them till May or June.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:14 pm

In robotics last year we made battle bots with VEX pieces. The goal was to disable the other robots any way you could without using actual weapons, like blades, which basically entailed rip some wires off the robot. Best 2 weeks of that class by far.

Back to top Go down

Post by rightdrive1 Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:33 pm

I hated Robotics in school. We were forced to build these robots with instructions in Swedish! Can't my school afford English manuals?!
rightdrive1
rightdrive1
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:35 pm

It suprises me that this many schools do this.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:40 pm

I had Robotics once. We never battled though.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:37 pm

In my physical science class (basically physics, along with chemistry and earth science), we were learning about momentum, weight transfer, and some of that other crap that was physics-related and built trebuchets in groups in our class. We had our own ideas of making them and tried shooting each other with (bouncy) balls. It was pretty fun to say the least. Very Happy

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:44 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:In my physical science class (basically physics, along with chemistry and earth science), we were learning about momentum, weight transfer, and some of that other crap that was physics-related and built trebuchets in groups in our class. We had our own ideas of making them and tried shooting each other with (bouncy) balls. It was pretty fun to say the least. Very Happy
I just read that in Bill Nyes voice..

BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:52 pm

navycook75 wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:In my physical science class (basically physics, along with chemistry and earth science), we were learning about momentum, weight transfer, and some of that other crap that was physics-related and built trebuchets in groups in our class. We had our own ideas of making them and tried shooting each other with (bouncy) balls. It was pretty fun to say the least. Very Happy

I read that in Bill Nye's theme song's voice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:19 pm

vbooy57 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:

I read that in Bill Nye's theme song's voice.

Thanks. You made me have to do it to .__.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:55 pm

vbooy57 wrote:In robotics last year we made battle bots with VEX pieces. The goal was to disable the other robots any way you could without using actual weapons, like blades, which basically entailed rip some wires off the robot. Best 2 weeks of that class by far.

VEX, eh? I've got experience in that as well as FIRST.

And btw, nice avatar F1fan. Connie, I hear a NS train coming thru Wards Corner too.
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:25 pm

Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:35 pm

Rykia_RKXK wrote:Sick of tests...I've had somewhere around six to eight this week (csnt remember exactly), with two more tomorrow.

I just took my mid-terms Tuesday and Wednesday. A whopping total of 530 questions, including over a dozen short answers and two essays, my brain now hurts.

This movie makes me happy because someone from Glee is on it.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nascarfan13 Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:57 pm

HAHA I remember this, I was going through the SNW forum gallery and found this...I guess the Channel Admins could kick people from the server LOL

http://gallery.myff.org/gallery/520917/failol.JPG

Nascarfan13
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

http://www.dellarobbia.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BBoy Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:05 am

Nascarfan13 wrote:HAHA I remember this, I was going through the SNW forum gallery and found this...I guess the Channel Admins could kick people from the server LOL

Is that the original Teamspeak?
BBoy
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:10 am

BBoy wrote:
Nascarfan13 wrote:HAHA I remember this, I was going through the SNW forum gallery and found this...I guess the Channel Admins could kick people from the server LOL

Or a horrible nightmare version of it. Notice that Jrod is an admin. That'd be worse than me as an admin.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:20 am

Ok, for those who are curious here is Herman's backstory. (This is for sheats and gigals)

During the transition from the old efr to here, I discovered an two eggs on my front porch. Since I was hungry at the time I decided to raise the eggs. Thus when they hatch I had to creatures.

When I joined this new efr site, I brought Herman with me and gave the other creature, his brother, to Cooper (Cynon). I didn't mention him until the now infamous introduction thread because he wasn't around as much. Now that he is I felt it was time to give fair warning. And while Cooper is the only one who has gotten close enough to take his picture, many have tempted fate and that explains the burn and soot patterns on the walls here.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:09 am

Quiet forum
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:13 am

You're saying that at two in the morning. You're saying it's quiet at two in the morning.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:16 am

That would be me forgetting about the existence of timezones. It's 5:46 PM where I live.
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:18 am

It may be 2:18am (on the east coast), but this is still rather quiet for the forum.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:55 am

flyingturns89 wrote:
BBoy wrote:

Or a horrible nightmare version of it. Notice that Jrod is an admin. That'd be worse than me as an admin.

I could argue with that. But I won't.

Now, BJ Falcon as a Teamspeak admin, THERE'S a nightmare.
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:56 am

RandomClassic wrote:
flyingturns89 wrote:
BBoy wrote:

Now, RJ Bandsma as a Teamspeak admin, THERE'S a nightmare.

Fixed

Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:13 am

unknown user wrote:
RandomClassic wrote:
flyingturns89 wrote:
BBoy wrote:

Now, RJ Bandsma Josh Mertz as a Teamspeak admin, THERE'S a nightmare.

Fixed

Fixed [again]
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:45 am

day500champ1 wrote:Ok, for those who are curious here is Herman's backstory. (This is for sheats and gigals)

During the transition from the old efr to here, I discovered an two eggs on my front porch. Since I was hungry at the time I decided to raise the eggs. Thus when they hatch I had to creatures.

When I joined this new efr site, I brought Herman with me and gave the other creature, his brother, to Cooper (Cynon). I didn't mention him until the now infamous introduction thread because he wasn't around as much. Now that he is I felt it was time to give fair warning. And while Cooper is the only one who has gotten close enough to take his picture, many have tempted fate and that explains the burn and soot patterns on the walls here.
*ahem* *points to signature* Herman acts like a little girl when I'm around.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:52 pm

pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by conrail1990 Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:03 pm

blew the horn today with out setting the neighbors into a fit = Big Win! I cant wait to get it mounted on one of the desiels within the next month
conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:18 pm

When you say 'into a fit' do you mean they could've gone quite mad at you?
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by conrail1990 Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:50 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:When you say 'into a fit' do you mean they could've gone quite mad at you?
I live in a neighborhood, full of old cranks who always keep the county police phone number close by. So not getting even a complaint was a miracle.
conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:08 pm

Just when you think you've seen every race related fail, there's a nine car field on MyRacingCareer.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:13 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:Just when you think you've seen every race related fail, there's a nine car field on MyRacingCareer.

The bigger fail is that anybody still plays that.
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:20 pm

pennst24 wrote:
flyingturns89 wrote:Just when you think you've seen every race related fail, there's a nine car field on MyRacingCareer.

The bigger fail is that anybody still plays that.
I'm finding Ironic is that Leon was theo ne who introduced that to us...

anyways....I found out that on my base there's old railroad tracks that is used as an sidewalk outline....I'm curious to see where they lead to.....
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:37 pm

conrail1990 wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:When you say 'into a fit' do you mean they could've gone quite mad at you?
I live in a neighborhood, full of old cranks who always keep the county police phone number close by. So not getting even a complaint was a miracle.

Yes your quite lucky that time around, what if you do it again?
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by conrail1990 Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:44 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:
conrail1990 wrote:

Yes your quite lucky that time around, what if you do it again?
Not anytime soon, but then again the 4th of July and New Years are special time for everybody Twisted Evil
conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:00 pm

I have neighbors that always set off fireworks, yet my neighborhood is cool in that no one cares. Generally apathetic neighbors make good neighbors I suppose.

And I Turned to Stone by Budgie has appeared in my iTunes shuffle for the 2nd day in a row. Out of 16669 songs. Big deal? The biggest.

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:04 pm

With Conrail talking about train horns, it somehow reminded me of an article I once saw..

http://genforum.genealogy.com/ny/chautauqua/messages/841.html

this happened about probably a 1/4 mile away from where I used to live, but this also happened in 1873 and didn't know about it until January of last year, but I did know that there was a train station turned schoolhouse turne into a house about a half mile away....interesting stuff I find.....
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:35 pm

vbooy57 wrote:I have neighbors that always set off fireworks, yet my neighborhood is cool in that no one cares. Generally apathetic neighbors make good neighbors I suppose.

And I Turned to Stone by Budgie has appeared in my iTunes shuffle for the 2nd day in a row. Out of 16669 songs. Big deal? The biggest.

BUDGIE! Holy crap, Budgie! I thought I was the only person on the board who's heard of them. Breadfan and All at Sea are my jams.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:03 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:
vbooy57 wrote:I have neighbors that always set off fireworks, yet my neighborhood is cool in that no one cares. Generally apathetic neighbors make good neighbors I suppose.

BUDGIE! Holy crap, Budgie! I thought I was the only person on the board who's heard of them. Breadfan and All at Sea are my jams.
I've been a fan since I was 8. My dad gave me one of their CD's (the one with Breadfan, actually). Cannot remember its name for the life of me. Still have it somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:05 pm

vbooy57 wrote:
Sparkz47 wrote:

I've been a fan since I was 8. My dad gave me one of their CD's (the one with Breadfan, actually). Cannot remember its name for the life of me. Still have it somewhere.

The one with Breadfan is Bandolier (I should know, I've got the vinyl Cool). And yes, Budgie is an extraordinary band. Too bad they never really hit the mainstream, but they have loads of good materiel.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:11 pm

I just looked it up and I have Never Turn Your Back On a Friend from '73. Maybe the one on Bandolier is a rerecording.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:13 pm

vbooy57 wrote:I just looked it up and I have Never Turn Your Back On a Friend from '73. Maybe the one on Bandolier is a rerecording.

No, you're right, Breadfan is on NTYBF. I don't know what I was thinking. XP Bandolier has some nice stuff though, my favorite being Napoleon Bona Parts 1 and 2.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:03 am

pennst24 wrote:

Might upload a youtube video from my onboard lol.

UPDATE:
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenwheelRiggleman Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:54 am

Are the mods asleep? If so, I'm posting ponies.
OpenwheelRiggleman
OpenwheelRiggleman
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:10 am

bartman97 wrote:

UPDATE:

Well, now we know what an electric race car would sound like... Laughing
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:58 am

RyanB06 wrote:
bartman97 wrote:

UPDATE:

Well, now we know what an electric race car would sound like... Laughing

Yeah, just switch to the Nissan Leaf in GT5 Laughing
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:12 am

Or the Volt in Forza 4. Razz
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:49 pm

bartman97 wrote:
pennst24 wrote:

UPDATE:

I know I'm going to regret asking this, but what the hell triggered all that?
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:25 pm

Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next