Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted*

+9
conrail1990
day500champ1
Jason Hamilton
Rovenami
Rykia
Mother of Invention
Alpineopossum
Ben Atkins
f1fan12
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 Empty Re: The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted*

Post by f1fan12 Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:51 pm

Pre-Season Oval Testing Notes

Track: Homestead-Miami, Fontana
The RTR cars and the Full Throttle Cars are the two fastest teams on the ovals, even though the RTR's are really set up for road courses. The QRP cars are a tick off the speed of the RTR's. The Nitro's are are pretty competitive with the QRP's. The Arrow Dynamic cars and the ETS cars, arn't quick on the ovals, they seem to be slow, and the cars seem like they can't get grip down on the bottom of the track, the Super Team Japan cars, are about the same times, but they run the oppisite, they can't run high. The Scudria Azzuri's have gotten grid approval (meaning the cars are in) but they need alot of work, they are about 1 to 1.5 seconds slower than rest of the field. The Corridora cars, are just kinda there, they are iffy at best, and Blake Camphausen is quite a bit more competitive than Raul Sanchez, I belive age might have somthing to do with that, Raul Sanchez is 44 years old compared to the young Blake Camphausen.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 Empty Re: The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted*

Post by ParaLanche Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:33 pm

((Would you happen to have a empty ride i can take up? Or possibly let me pick a engine that isn't taken and make a team? I have a sponsor with me... http://www.shark-helmets.com/ I can also paint my own car))
ParaLanche
ParaLanche
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:09 pm

ParaLanche wrote:((Would you happen to have a empty ride i can take up? Or possibly let me pick a engine that isn't taken and make a team? I have a sponsor with me... http://www.shark-helmets.com/ I can also paint my own car))

I think Ben Pulled out, so you can have two cars, If you can paint go for it. But the due date is approching. Fill your entry out and I'll fill you in.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ParaLanche Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:23 pm

f1fan12 wrote:
ParaLanche wrote:((Would you happen to have a empty ride i can take up? Or possibly let me pick a engine that isn't taken and make a team? I have a sponsor with me... http://www.shark-helmets.com/ I can also paint my own car))

I think Ben Pulled out, so you can have two cars, If you can paint go for it. But the due date is approching. Fill your entry out and I'll fill you in.

Team Info

Team Name: LPR(Lotus Performance Racing)
Nationality: USA
Engine: Lotus
Number of Cars: 1
Are You Painting your Car: Yes

Driver Info
Car number: #80
Name: Jared Warth
Nationality: USA(Phoenix Arizona)
Prior racing experince: Karting(1 Time SouthWest Karting Champion)

Last edited by ParaLanche on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
ParaLanche
ParaLanche

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:23 pm

It says I need to put in ratings. What format do we follow for them?
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by ParaLanche Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:49 am

f1fan12 wrote:Other things,

I am going to limit the number of starters to 30 with the exception of Indianapolis so reserve your seats quickly

Please also post your cars in the requests sooner rather than later to aid the expert painters and not overload them.

The points system is

1st-30
2nd-25
3rd-20
4th-15
5th-10
6th-5
7th-4
8th-3
9th-2
10th-1

Everyone below 10th-0

No Bonus Points

Ratings Package

Driver Traits: You can have one 75-95 rating, One 80-90 Rating and two 85-90 Ratings

Aggression:
Consistency:
Finishing:
Qualifying:

Driver Track preference: One 85-90 Rating, Two 80-90 Ratings and one, 65-75 rating

Road Course
Short Track (Yes There is one)
Speedway
Superspeedway (Blue ridge counts here I belive)

Team Traits:NOTE ALL OF YOUR CARS HAVE THESE SAME RATINGS, AS THERE IS A STOCK CHASSIS ALL THOSE RATINGS WILL BE THE SAME.

One 70-95 Rating, One 80-95, One 90-95.

Aerodynamics:
Engine:
Reliablility:
This^^^^^^^
ParaLanche
ParaLanche

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:21 am

ParaLanche wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:Other things,

I am going to limit the number of starters to 30 with the exception of Indianapolis so reserve your seats quickly

Please also post your cars in the requests sooner rather than later to aid the expert painters and not overload them.

The points system is

1st-30
2nd-25
3rd-20
4th-15
5th-10
6th-5
7th-4
8th-3
9th-2
10th-1

Everyone below 10th-0

No Bonus Points

Ratings Package

Driver Traits: You can have one 75-95 rating, One 80-90 Rating and two 85-90 Ratings

Aggression:
Consistency:
Finishing:
Qualifying:

Driver Track preference: One 85-90 Rating, Two 80-90 Ratings and one, 65-75 rating

Road Course
Short Track (Yes There is one)
Speedway
Superspeedway (Blue ridge counts here I belive)

Team Traits:NOTE ALL OF YOUR CARS HAVE THESE SAME RATINGS, AS THERE IS A STOCK CHASSIS ALL THOSE RATINGS WILL BE THE SAME.

One 70-95 Rating, One 80-95, One 90-95.

Aerodynamics:
Engine:
Reliablility:
This^^^^^^^
Very Happy I see you have a sense of humor

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:56 am

Lester:

Aggression: 80-90
Consistency: 75-95
Finishing: 85-90
Qualifying: 85-90

Bell:

Aggression: 75-95
Consistency: 85-90
Finishing: 85-90
Qualifying: 80-90

Juveno:

Aggression: 85-90
Consistency: 85-90
Finishing: 75-95
Qualifying: 80-90

Driver Track Preference: One 85-90 Rating, Two 80-90 Ratings and one, 65-75 rating

Lester:

Road Course: 65-75
Short Track: 80-90
Speedway: 85-90
Superspeedway: 80-90

Bell:

Road Course: 65-75
Short Track: 80-90
Speedway: 80-90
Superspeedway: 85-90

Juveno:

Road Course: 80-90
Short Track: 85-90
Speedway: 80-90
Superspeedway: 65-75

Team Traits: One 70-95 Rating, One 80-95, One 90-95.

Aerodynamics: 70-95
Engine: 90-95
Reliablility: 80-95
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by ParaLanche Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:32 pm

ParaLanche wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:

Team Info

Team Name: LPR(Lotus Performance Racing)
Nationality: USA
Engine: Lotus
Number of Cars: 1
Are You Painting your Car: Yes

Driver Info
Car number: #80
Name: Jared Warth
Nationality: USA(Phoenix Arizona)
Prior racing experince: Karting(1 Time SouthWest Karting Champion)
Edited Engine to lotus and team name
ParaLanche
ParaLanche

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:03 pm

{OCC: Since I haven't someone say they'd paint my cars this is the story I've come up with}

GLM open wheel team's debut could be delayed by suspicious shop fire

The IOWA's only Chevy team could have their debut delayed. Two days ago, the shop just outside of Grand Rapids, Michigan where the cars (#5 and #55) were housed suffered heavy fire damage. Fire officials are still investigating the cause but a "person of interest" has been taken into custody for questioning.

It is unclear whether the cars were damaged, but whatever the case this could create a problem for the team.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:29 pm

Round 1: Target 200 of Homestead Miami

[img]The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 K9z98z[/img]

Green Flag is out and the 2012 IOWA Series is underway, Blake Lennery leads them down to turn number 1

[img]The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 Dpcxu9[/img]

By lap number 4 the feild starts to make some agressive passes

[img]The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 34qpvdd[/img]

Blake Camphausen (46) and Callum McCoy (27) are battling for the lead

[img]The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 35mo376[/img]

Close 3 wide battling between Campausen, Toursake (44) and are polesitter Blake Lennery

[img]The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 1769oh[/img]

From the drop of the green flag, Ken Taylor, dectects a problem with his ETS, the ETS cars have been very slow throughout the weekend and pre-season testing. He would not bring the car into the pits. But he would be veryslow as he lost the draft.

[img]The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 2nrou3o[/img]

Meanwhile the other Taylor in the race made a agressive and gutsy, 3 wide pass. Cameron touched wheels with Auggie Sharp and almost created a huge calamity on the front stretch. This erned him a trip to meet with Bill Carpenter and his dog Mongo in the hauler.

The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 2hg4aph

Have you ever wondered what its like racing at 200 mph in an open wheel car? Well this will show ya

The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 29xx2ip

Meanwhile, Ken Taylor, unrealated to Cameron, has still had some issues getting full power out of that ETS. His teammate isn't doing much better, It's a shame because those cars look so good.

[img]The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 11jninr[/img]

A few laps later, Blake Lennery and the rest of the pack are looking to put Taylor a lap down

[img]The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 5p52ch[/img]

Amazingly, when they did put him a lap down, he wasn't all that much of an obsticle for the leaders to get by, and actually ran close to the packs pace. Maybe his strange mechanical issue fixed itself?

[img]The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 256dxj4[/img]

There he is running in the pack.

[img]The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 24y600n[/img]

Callum McCoy, is having a dissipointing run compared to the times he was setting in the preseason tests. But his car is on the move.

[img]The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 2yltms1[/img]

Here's a view of the pack. Sadly the cameraman zoned in behind the light pole, he was promtly fired.

[img]The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 V46z4o[/img]

Heres another view of the pack, midway through the race. I also wanted to point out the three White and Red Azzuri's running nose to tail, those cars were slower than the ETS's in preseason testing, but it looks like they got their act togeather and they are running in the midfeild, good run for them.

The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 2q2e3dd

Rookie, Zumba Kukkamunga leads over, wait, is that an Azzuri, wow, what a run for them. Anyway back to Kukkamunga, he is a two time IOWA lights champion runing alongside Brian Gallagher, the most winningest driver in IOWA history.

The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 S0zb54

Parker was another one that was fast in Pre-season, but he hasn't shown a whole lot of speed today. And unlike Callium McCoy, his car doesn't look as stable as he would like it to be

The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 9bevpi

What in the world, now the Azzuri's, who a week ago in pre-season testing couldn't keep up with the pace car, are now running 1 and 2 with Fanbrizzo Colar leading and Larry Madrake in 2nd

[img]The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 2ns6nap[/img]

What in the world is that leading, Do my eyes decive me, no they dont, its an ETS, William Moore leads in his ETS. The slowest car on the track just so happens to be leading.

[img]The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 Mjpfs0[/img]

They both had lost the lead to Thomas Kingman, who also has had a solid car late in the race, but team work is really making improving their positions. Thomas Kingman on the outside of Colar in the White and Pink car, has also been strong late in the race, his car is probably the car that is handling the best out of everyone. But doesn't have the same type of speed in the draft. So he has a pretty good chance for a win. The Azzuri's would re-take the lead on lap 128 of 134, but would their move be to early?

[img]The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 14aldnr[/img]

Here's the move on Thomas Kingman.

[img]The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 2lnjtra[/img]

Two lps to go and the battle for the win is on, Blake Lennery, the pole sitter, takes the lead from defending Indy 500 champ, Antonio Vaillier, defending IOWA champion Brian Gallagher sits in 3rd, Sharp and Camphausen battle for 4th, and Colar and the very quiet Greg Forsythe battle for 6th

[img]The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 35b58gz[/img]

White flag is in the air one lap to go, Gallagher snatches the lead from Lennery, with Auggie Sharp in tow, and not far behind him is Colar. Colar got a huge run off turn two grabbing second from Sharp

[img]The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 34t7bcl[/img]

And coming off of turn 4, Colar makes the move on Gallagher, and where in the world did Thomas Kingman cmome from, the flag is in the air, this finish will be close as...

[img]The International Open Wheel Association *Round 2 of Road Atlanta Posted* - Page 2 29aunvp[/img]

Fanbrizzo Colar takes the first race of the 2012 IOWA season. What a run it was for that team was too slow to drive down the interstate, and was a late entry, they must be estatic. 2nd went to Brian Gallagher, and rounding out the podium is Thomas Kingman, who shot out a cannon going from 10th to 3rd in 1 and a half laps.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by f1fan12 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:44 am; edited 3 times in total
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:32 pm

Penelties after Homestead

Cameron Taylor- On probation till Indy 500 for dangerous driving
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:08 pm

Road Atlanta Pre-Race

The Grand Prix of Atlanta will take place on the Road Atlanta Road Course, a track new to IOWA. The track is known for its sports car races so the racing should be good. Drivers love the circut, Brian Gallagher stated, "The track's fun to race on, and its not going to be boring for us." The major news item over the past 2 weeks has been, the possible drop of a few tracks in America for European races, reports are that American races after Cleveland could now be in doubt.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:14 pm

No one is painting my cars
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:20 pm

unknown user wrote:No one is painting my cars

With the Points System I'm using, you can get out of a hole quickly with a couple of good results. But all I can say is keep trying to get someone and I'll put you in immeditally when I get your cars.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:17 pm

f1fan12 wrote:
unknown user wrote:No one is painting my cars

With the Points System I'm using, you can get out of a hole quickly with a couple of good results. But all I can say is keep trying to get someone and I'll put you in immeditally when I get your cars.

Don't worry unknown, I'm in the same boat you are. Should've just take two of the cars that were already there.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:49 pm

ARCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Road Atlanta

(No images for this race, It was far too fail)

On the start, Blake Camphausen lead the feild down to turn 1. But Blake Runs wide, he misses the wall, but falls to last. Further up the track a 6 car crash insued in the double right handers on the far side of the track, when Cameron Taylor slid wide in the first Apex. He comes back on the track right into Callum McCoy, they both slide across the second apex into, Hall, and collecting Thomas Kingman, Xantos slid wide, just missing Taylors stopped car and Roberto Sanchez hits Xantos. All except, McCoy and Taylor would continue. After a pit stop Brian Gallagher and Thomas Kingman on lap 2, they would both blow their engines at the same point on the track. On lap 5 a three wide battle between Leader Greg Forsythe, Antonio Vaillier and Hall would be battling entering the boot section of the track, would end in turmoil as Forsythe the leader hits Vaillier and Hall off the track. Hall would be off the pace the rest of the race. A few turns after that, Parker and Camphausen crash themselves out of the race in the second apex of the double right handers. On lap 10, Mandrakes Azzuri dumps some mysterious fuel all over the track, and whatever it was, Sanchez spins straight into a wall, causing him to flip wildly back onto the track where he stops just when Toursuke arrives on the scene. He missed the stopped car by about 3 inches. Ken Taylor on lap 12 spins off the track. On lap 15 Forsythe breaks down from the lead, he would get a tow back to the pits. And Toursake will take the lead. He then would get forced off the track by the lapped car of Hall. He would come back and force Hall off the track earning both of them a trip to Bill Carpenters office. The race then got very boring, no position changes until, Hall was put out of everyones misery on lap 28 of 30. Then the unthinkable happened, Toursake coming into the chicane, he spun wide and hits the wall, he would have to creep across the start finish line at 15 mph. He could still win the race, as he had a 20 second lead over the Angolian racer, Zumbar Kukkamunga. But it would take a while for Toursake to move and The Angolan racer, Kukkamanga would sneak across the line to lead 1 lap, which was the last one.

Spoiler:
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2