Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romain Grosjean will be Kimi Raikkonen's teammate

+9
Blake Camphausen
pepsibottle1
Chives2112
f1fan12
PYLrulz
teamwhiper
Jason Hamilton
Alta
crl
13 posters

Go down

Romain Grosjean will be Kimi Raikkonen's teammate Empty Romain Grosjean will be Kimi Raikkonen's teammate

Post by crl Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:33 am

crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Romain Grosjean will be Kimi Raikkonen's teammate Empty Re: Romain Grosjean will be Kimi Raikkonen's teammate

Post by Alta Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:52 am

It hurts to live.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Romain Grosjean will be Kimi Raikkonen's teammate Empty Re: Romain Grosjean will be Kimi Raikkonen's teammate

Post by Jason Hamilton Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:05 am

Yet another talentless hack who dosent deserve to be in F1
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by teamwhiper Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:38 am

I dunno why (maybe I got dizzy with My Little Pony Avatars) ,but I think this is not too bad of a decision.Of course,this coming from a guy with high hopes for USF1
teamwhiper
teamwhiper
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:51 am

Well... I guess it could be worse Neutral
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:52 am

WHY?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Crying or Very sad
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:08 am

I think the other reason that comes to mind is that, for right now, Robert Kubica is still out. I guess the way Lotus Renault sees it, they can have Grosjean start the season, then when Kubica is ready to race again, he can take over with little trouble. If he were to take over from a more established (in the F1 scene) Vitaly Petrov, I'm sure there could of been trouble.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:18 am

Is it bad that I don't know who this is? Embarassed
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:54 am

unknown user wrote:Yet another talentless hack who dosent deserve to be in F1
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:49 pm

Alta wrote:It hurts to live.
This.
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:39 pm

Chives2112 wrote:Is it bad that I don't know who this is? Embarassed
Absolutely not.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:43 pm

Not really Romain's fault, but this is what comes to mind when I think of him:

crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:27 pm

Wait, this isn't April 1st.

Try again fake Loti trash.
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tommykl Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:58 am

unknown user wrote:Yet another talentless hack who dosent deserve to be in F1
So...no talent is enough to win Auto GP and GP2 in successive seasons?

Chives: he drove in F1 at the end of the 2009 season for Renault.
tommykl
tommykl
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:34 am

Pantano, Hulkenberg and Maldonado won the title...and look where they ended up.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by tommykl Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:40 am

You have a point for Maldonado, but Pantano and Hülkenberg should have had a better shot at Formula 1.
tommykl
tommykl
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:07 am

Auto GP sucks.
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by teamwhiper Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:46 am

I back up Tommy.Pantano is one of the better drivers who never got a chance to shine in F1 and Hulkenberg somehow qualified on pole last year at Brazil IN A FREAKING WILLIAMS no less.(granted,it was raining).
teamwhiper
teamwhiper
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:40 am

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in on the Renault soap opera.

When Grosjean he came up, he couldn't drive worth a shit to begin with. We all know that. Yes, it was the lad's first season but given the equipment he was in there was no excuse to be a complete backmarker. The only real speed he showed was at Monza and even then he was second to last of the cars running. GP2 dosen't mean squat anymore; like always money is boss and those that have the talent are bought out by those with the money. That's racing though. Hell Sam Bird was awful impressive in the iSport car and Van der Garde was good when not involved in trouble (had a hell of a season in 2010 though). This is the same as putting Gachot in the car IMO.

Now I'm not a Senna fanboy but by looking at his performance this year, I would have stuck with Bruno. However, the reality of the sport is that everyone expects instant gratification and with the last name of Senna the pressure is even greater to perform. Say what you want but for the most part, Senna was right on pace with Petrov and outqualified him four times. When he was slower, it was by no more than half a second. He did well in race as well and despite a rocky race or two, he did a good job keeping the car on the track and bringing it home. Petrov on contrast was fast but he tears up a bit of equipment and I wish that sometimes he would make better decisions on track. But he has been much better as of last season and after all, he has been very admirable in that seat. That I will not contest.

In my heart, I would have liked to see the team stick to Bruno. I honestly feel that if he can get a good car and the team is willing to stand behind him 2 seasons, he could prove to be a very talented driver. Like I said, I'm not a Senna fanboy but it would really be a feel good story and I believe he has what it takes to race with the big boys. On the other hand, you can't fault Petrov at all; like I said, he has performed admirably throughout his 2 years with the team and I hope that he can find a good home where he can continue to battle for points. What a screwjob on Renault's part for dumping their star driver like that after all he's done for the team.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I think that going after Raikkonen was not a very smart move for the team. First off, you already have the dedication to Kubica after his horriffic ordeal. Raikkonen may be a former world champ and an elite driver in his own right, but why in your right mind would you sign him and open up this huge can of worms? Who knows what level Raikkonen will be in after 2 years from the sport and if your'e going to have an guy of such caliper on your team, I suggest you had make damn well sure that you give him the car to compete with or else you've really put yourself in a tough spot. And oh yeah, now you have to choose between Senna, Petrov and poor Kubica who simply wants to drive again and was dragged into this mess in no way of his own (still recovering but this stress sure dosent help that at all). But for some reason beyond us, you decide to hire Grosjean; a driver who drove for the very same team and was little more than a backmarker. Yeah, you can say that it he was a rookie but still, he was no more impressive than Gachot in 09'.

Congrats Renault; you've screwed over 3 drivers and proven that you lack any common sense whatsoever. I just feel that Kubica is going to be royally screwed in this altogether because who knows if there will even be a seat for him when he returns. And I can see Kimi raging if the car sucks. But who knows maybe he can pull the magic he showed at Sauber? If not, I smell epic issues in the Renault camp. First off, they need to make sure that the continue development. Last year the team had a great package and it all went down the drain for nothing. If they want to compete with Sauber and perhaps Mercedes (if they start off like last year they can) they need to make sure that they keep up with development
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by tommykl Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:10 am

Actually, they've screwed over 4 drivers (you forgot Heidfeld).
tommykl
tommykl
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:40 pm

My thoughts on this news:

I don't care about any of this.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:11 pm

A sideshow bob impersonator in an F1 car. That's what we need...
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down