Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 PCC Series Silly Season

+19
historyracer
Pyrozooka0
KansasChaser12
gone-sovereign
Backmarker
Rykia
SpeedDemon37
RyanB06
Nascar9fan
bsoyuz
gwoodard41
zfitzwater599
Dexter249
Electric Wolf
Nitro555
NASCARLOVER427
The_Wall_91
Magus978
Syzygy
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2017 PCC Series Silly Season - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 PCC Series Silly Season

Post by Syzygy Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:05 pm

APART, PCC Collaborating on Rules Changes, Changes to Grid Sizes

The Alliance of Professional Auto Racing Teams have announced that there will be discussions and collaboration between their organization and the Professional Car Club in regards to rule changes for next season. Among the rule changes being brought to the table by The Alliance include a "Junior Team" clause, in which development teams in the Lites and Trucks Series will be given the opportunity to opt into "Junior Team" status, disqualifying themselves from promotion at the beginning of the season. This is widely believed to have been influenced by the last-minute decision of Lambert Motorsports to promote to the Cup Series at the end of the 2016 season, stripping ROG Motorsports of their development program.

Other rule changes rumored to be under consideration for next season include double file restarts, a wave-around rule, lapped cars being moved to the back of the field on restarts, lap penalties, a damaged vehicle policy, and modifications to the green-white-checkered rule.

In regards to field sizes, The Alliance has been pushing for expanded field sizes across all three PCC National Series to allow for extra cars to run all races. On the PCC Cup Series side, the South Korean Gangneung Circuit has the lowest capacity of all tracks at 46 cars, which would limit a field expansion across the board to just one extra car. On the Lites and Trucks side, The Alliance intends to push for the field sizes for both series to increase to 40 and 32, from 36 and 28 respectively. This change would "allow for existing teams to engage in research and development with an extra entry, as well as give up-and-coming drivers a chance to gain experience and showcase their talents," according to APART chairman Cal Rogers. It is unclear whether or not the "extra entries," if allowed by the Professional Car Club, would be exclusively fielded by organizations with Team Charters, or would allow for independent teams to participate.

The Alliance of Professional Auto Racing Teams has also recently announced that they will be accepting organizations participating in the PCC Europe Series as "Associate" members in the coming weeks. There has been speculation that "Associate" status will eventually be extended North American Auto Club teams in the future, but The Alliance has not issued a statement on the matter. Two organizations in APART, Overton Motorsports and ZakkTek, participate full time in NAAC as well as the PCC Trucks Series.

Europe Champion Kowalczyk Joins Lites Field

In a shocking announcement, RUS Autosport America has announced that 2016 PCC Europe Series champion Izaak Kowalczyk will return to North America to challenge for the PCC Lites title in 2017, driving their #62 Yugo alongside teammate Sergei Yakovski. Kowalczyk will not defend his Europe Series championship in 2017, and will run his first full season in North America since he competed in the Cup Series in 2011. This announcement comes as a reversal to a statement Kowalczyk made at the end of his full-time Cup Series campaign in 2011 in which he downplayed his interest in further competing in North America.

As a result of this move, RUS Autosport has promoted Russian Bears lead driver Lev Zarapin to compete in the entry left open by Kowalczyk. This fulfills a dream for Zarapin, who has run in sub-par equipment his whole career. Zarapin will run the #16 Lada with support from Cemeltex. In addition, Russian Bears has recently announced a strategic alliance with RUS Autosport, and will receive technical support and pit crews from the team.

iRacing Poles: 3
iRacing Championships: 1
I eat the weeb pizza.
Syzygy
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygy Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:20 pm

PCC Officials Confirm Rule Changes for 2017

Professional Car Club CEO John Kowalski announced several new rule changes coming to all three PCC National Series today, with many of the rule changes proposed by the Alliance of Professional Auto Racing Teams being implemented.

Patch notes are as follows:

Professional Car Club Rules PATCH README
12/17/16

WHAT THE PATCH FIXES
====================================

ALL SERIES:

* Officials can now "!black" and "!lap-" cars.

* Fixed an issue where lead lap cars would not restart double file after cautions.

* Fixed an issue where lapped cars would not drop to the rear of the field on restarts.

* Officials can now wave the first lapped car around the pace car by using "!wave <driver>".

* Fixed an issue where cars running over 110% of the leader's pace would not retire.

* The command "!yellow" now works on road courses.

PCC CUP SERIES:

* Raised maximum number of cars to 46.

- 46th car can only be an additional car run by entries with "Team Charter" modifier.

* Fixed an issue where running a Green-White-Checkered required starting a new race weekend.

* Implemented "Double Points" modifier to Round of California, Round of Russia events.

* Increased torque and RPM for all track types.

* Fixed an issue where Ben Atkins would die for no reason.

PCC LITES SERIES:

* Raised maximum number of cars to 40.

- Entries 37 to 40 can only be additional cars run by entries with "Team Charter" modifier.

* Fixed a bug where teams with the "Junior Team" status could promote at the end of the season.

* Race weekend extended from 45 minutes to 60 minutes.

* Raised horsepower based on new data from Zastava Motorsports.

* Fixed a bug where cars would not race in packs at every track.

PCC TRUCKS SERIES:

* Raised maximum number of trucks to 32.

- Entries 29 to 32 are not limited to entries with the "Team Charter" modifier.

* Fixed a bug where teams with the "Junior Team" status could promote at the end of the season.

* Race weekend extended from 30 minutes to 45 minutes.

* Fixed a bug where Cris de Santa could drive on invisible walls at Mid-Ohio.

iRacing Poles: 3
iRacing Championships: 1
I eat the weeb pizza.
Syzygy
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Cynon and Ceej like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:34 pm

Retro90 Unveils New Branding, Adds New Drivers for New One-Offs

PCC Cup Series entrant Retro90 Racing will make a return to the series under the new name Team ReWind. Partnering with Eastern Pennsylvania Motorsports, the team expects to enter at least two cars in one-off races this coming season. One driver has already been announced, with William-Charles Schneider announced as one of the drivers. Schneider brings sponsorship from BodyGlove and Scubalife, with associate sponsorship to be announced. Sources within the team state they are in talks with Dunder Mifflin and the Sabre Group.

Schneider, who has competed in international racing as a gentleman driver over the past decade, has considerable experience on the European and Asian circuits, notably winning a Touring Car race in Hong Kong in 2013. "I'm glad to make my debut in a series as good as the PCC Cup Series, especially with support from a company like BodyGlove and Scuba life. Scuba... that's what it's all about."

It is unknown whether previous driver Wayne Newman will return, but officials at Team ReWind have said that the door is open to the New York City-based driver to return. "We'd love to have Wayne, he's been a good driver for us and he has good sponsors we enjoy working with," said the team's leading race engineer Ross Howard. "Also, he's great with logistics; since we get a lot of parts through the port of New York City, he's a huge help with that."

Persistent rumors that the team had a Swiss businessman lined up for an additional entry were neither confirmed nor denied.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Syzygy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:54 am

“Juveno Recollects Early Life, Feels Career Isn't Finished”

No spring chicken, Barry Juveno has definitely picked up some war scars over the years. Whether in a race car, on the football field, roughhousing with Charles and James in his backyard in Cleveland or feeding his fists during some bar fights, he has never shied away from consequences and that quality never left him from his earliest days.

Barry sat down with me at a cafe in Stockholm to chat about recent happenings and how Manticore’s new transition is treating him so far. I started off racking his brain about the apocalypse that would occur if he decided to chill out and stop getting into confrontations.

“I been a knucklehead all my life, I ain’t gonna stop now”, he tells me with an unfamiliar smirk. “In football, you don’t stop ‘til you do the job. They wanna be s***heads, they better not get near me or I’mma finish ‘em. Simple.”

After rising through the karting ranks in the central U.S., Juveno picked up opportunities to go late model racing in 2009, picking up six victories in his first season and walking away with the championship. He repeated the feat and added two more wins than the previous year, catching the eye of Stephans Racing for 2011 with an opening for the most prestigious stock car series in the country.

“They gave me my start. Being an Ohio boy, duh, you’re gonna take [the offer]. It started good, things just don’t last sometimes. You gotta adjust and we did, nothing worked. One thing and the next, and the next, and then some other s**t, y’know? It just didn’t stop going wrong. I’m doing much better now.”

He is of Kenyan ancestry and was born only a few months after his parents arrived in the United States, often playing football with his older brothers to keep himself busy during the winter offseasons. His mother passed away after he was delivered and says that it later "shaped me a lot. I got real cold. But that's what got me here. I got through that, came out a winner." Juveno previously aspired to be a guard in the NFL at a staggering 6'4" by high school, but racing slowly took over his heart.

“I guess I… took that loss I had and… gathered it. Didn’t even know I’d done it, but… it made me not give a damn. All I knew was I gotta survive. Just my instincts. You always looking at someone who wants what you got. Had plenty of people like that and I just don’t give a f**k. You at war out there. It’s all you in the car. Go out there and do it. That’s all I think about when I put that helmet on.”

He recalls some days of brief legal trouble that nearly cost him his big chance, a time that he often tries not to even think about himself. If not for his passion of competition, he says, he might be headed down a very different path.

“Being on the football team back then got me all kinds of s**t. When you popular, that’s what happens. And I was a young buck trying to prove myself, proving to myself I ain’t kill my own mom. That’s real dark to you, I guess, but I saw it like that. My brothers weren’t all that close. It was the world against me. I did whatever I wanted, drinking, smoking, blah, blah, blah. All that kiddie s**t. I did me. And you better move. Nobody gonna stop me, I’m a legend on the team. But… I told my teammates after a while, ‘Alright, I can’t do this no more’. I would’ve failed that test and never drove my way here had I been a bit dumber.”

Through his winnings, his family now lives comfortably in a city where they once had little more than a few bags to carry their belongings in to a brand new country. Barry has emerged as a constant presence in the PCC paddock through his seven years in the series. It is all he knows to be. And it seems to be working.

“I’m disappointed in myself”, Juveno said of his performances thus far in 2017. “I thought I would get a few wins and I’ve blown some chances too, can’t lie. We’re going through some changes right now and we’ll be coming back stronger on y’all. Just wait.”
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2