Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs

+5
zfitzwater599
PRAWBLEMS
mtrimmer365
NASCARLOVER427
Lucstar88
9 posters

Go down

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs Empty 2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Post by Lucstar88 Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:39 pm

WELCOME TO THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! THE STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS!

As the biggest hockey nut here, (yes, fight me). I'll be analyzing the match-ups and giving you my predictions. Go nuts below for your wacky or non-wacky predictions.

Let's start in the Western Conference
(C1) Chicago Blackhawks VS (WC2) Nashville Predators

Ah, the dynasty is trying to win another one. The city of Chicago is coming off a World Series win with the Cubs back in November, while the Blackhawks have won the best record in the western conference with a record of 50W-23L-9OTL. Patrick Kane, last year's Hart trophy winner (MVP) is still flying high, with a 34 goal, 55 assist campaign. 2nd year player Artemi Panarin after winning the Calder for best rookie is the 2nd best point producer with a 31G-43A-74P statline. Johnathan Towes isn't the goalscorer, but is one the best players in the world. With a defense held by the top 2 of Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook, with Corey Crawford looking after the goalie position, Chicago is looking for cup #4 in the last 7 years. They got eliminated trying to repeat last year, in a first round loss to St. Louis.

Nashville, a team which started the offseason with a blockbuster trade by trading captain Shea Weber for P.K. Subban in a highly controversial trade (cough) finished in the 2nd wildcard spot with a record of 41-29-12. Led by 30 goal scorers Filip Forsberg and surprise Viktor Arvidsson, the Preds are still looking for cup #1, and have an amazing defensive corps, with Subban, Josi, Ryan Ellis and Ekholm. Pekka Rinne is still backstopping the Preds. They defeated Anaheim last year in 7 games but lost in the semi's to the Western Champs San Jose in 7.

Pelican's prediction: Chicago in 6

(C2) Minnesota Wild VS (C3) St. Louis Blues

The Wild, still looking for cup win #1 looked like the favorites but have come back down to earth in the last few weeks. Led by backstop Devan Dubynk, who had an amazing season, Minnesota is lead by an offense with Granlund, Koivu, Eric Staal, and a great defender in Ryan Suter, can't forget Zack Parise as well. The Wild lost in the first round last year to Dallas in 6 games.

St. Louis, fired legendary coach Ken Hitchcock, during the campaign and haven't looked back. Led by top 10 player Vlad Tarasenko, who scored 39 Goals. They traded defender Kevin Shattenkirk, to Washington for a prospect/pick deal, but this help main defender Alex Pietrangelo get better at his game. Shout out to Ivan Barbashev, former Moncton Wildcat, who will play on the top line! Go Ivan! Jake Allen came back from a rusty start to get a respectable finish to the season. They lost in the Western Conference Finals to San Jose in 6.

Prediction: St. Louis in 7

(P1) Anaheim Ducks VS (WC1) Calgary Flames

The Ducks won the pacific again for the 5th straight time, coming from a strong 3 way attack with Perry, Getzlaf and Kesler, and Rickard Rakell scoring 33 goals. Injuries on D has hampered them but still have a lethal d-corps with Fowler, Vatanen, Lindholm. John Gibson, now the true #1 in Anaheim, had a really good season. The Ducks are looking for Stanley Cup #2 and winning it 10 years ago against the Ottawa Senators. Last year the Ducks lost game 7 at home to Nashville.

Oh man, Canada is surely celebrating. 0 teams last year. 5/7 this year and the first one in this review is the Calgary Flames. The young flames haven't won in the Honda Center since 2004!, but the young core of Johnny *Hockey* Gaudreau, Sean Monahan, rookie Matthew Tkachuk (son of Keith), and Sam Bennett, with the top 2 defenders in Dougie Hamilton and Mark Giordano. The Flames brought in veteran Brian Elliott, Calgary survived a early stretch of terrible games to make it to the playoffs. Last year they didn't make it and drafted Tkachuk, 6th overall. Last time they won the cup was in 1989 and last time in the playoffs, they beat rivals Vancouver, but lost to the Ducks in the 2nd round.

Prediciton: Ducks in 7

(P2) Edmonton Oilers VS (P3) San Jose Sharks

Edmonton, after year after year after year of getting first overall picks, have FINALLY made it to the playoffs. They traded leading scorer Taylor Hall for young defender Adam Larsson from the Devils. Now, let's talk about the new Sidney Crosby, Connor McJesus, I mean McDavid. In his second year, he lead the oilers in goals, assists and even the NHL in points, with a 30G-70A-100P season, and claiming the Art Ross trophy. (he may be the MVP this year, for me) 3rd overall pick in 2012, German, Leon Draisaitl, his right-hand man. Also the addition of Milan Lucic has really helped Edmonton, while Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Jordan Eberle are also still with this team. Cam Talbot may be fatigued after starting 73 games with Edmonton, but that's why they pay him the big bucks. Last time the Oilers won the cup was in 1990, with Mark Messier. Last time they went to the big dance was 2006 where they lost to Carolina in game 7 in the Stanley Cup Finals, and it all went downhill from there.

San Jose, the reigning Western Conference Champs have secured their spot but at a cost. Thornton and Marleau are game time decision tonight, but the Sharks have a weapon of mass destruction. Brent Motherfucking Burns. The defenseman led the team in goals, assists and points. He may still lose the Norris trophy for Best Defenseman to Erik Karlsson (we'll get to him later). Joe Pavelski is still a top player, while Logan Couture is an amazing center. Martin Jones, the MVP for the sharks last year in the playoffs is back and ready to lead the team back to the Finals, and maybe a Championship. They lost to the Crosby-led Penguins in 6 games last year. They want #1

Prediction: Edmonton in 6

Eastern Conference
(A1) Montreal Canadiens VS (WC1) New York Rangers

The Montreal Canadiens, 24 time champs, are back after a bad year, with the return of the best goalie in the world, Carey Price. Led by Max Pacioretty and KHL legend, Alex Radulov, and 22 goal scorer, Paul *couldn't score on a breakaway in Calgary, yet does it all the time in Montreal* Byron. Shea Weber and veteran Andrei Markov have led Montreal's defensive core. After a horrible 15-16 campaign, The last time the Habs won lost in the semi-finals to Tampa Bay in 6, in 2015. The drive for 25 is still alive.

The New York Rangers, led by future Hall of Famer Henrik Lundqvist are back in the playoffs again. With a load of offensive point getters in Zuccarello, Miller, Stepan and leading goal-scorer Chris Kreider, they're not lacking points. Ryan McDonagh leads a decent defensive pairing with Dan Girardi. They're looking for revenge after losing in only 5 games in the opening round to Pittsburgh last year.

Prediction: Montreal in 6

(A2) Ottawa Senators VS (A3) Boston Bruins

The Ottawa Senators, the best canadian team last year, which still missed the playoffs, are back and have a great roster around them. Led by the best defenseman in the world, Erik Karlsson, and offensive support from Mike Hoffman, Kyle Turris, Mark Stone, Derrick Brassard. The real story of the season for Ottawa is their goaltending. Craig Anderson not only had a great year, but he had to leave during the season to help his wife who had been diagnosed with cancer. While he was gone, Mike Condon, the Canadians replacement for Price last year, held his own, and when Anderson came back, he was better than ever. Ottawa, last time they were in the playoffs, they were eliminated by Montreal in 6.

The Boston Bruins, back from back to back post-season misses, by 1 point each are back and they have the roster to prove it. Brad Marchand scored 39 goals, while having his reputation shot from a series of questionable things. Slew-footing, spearing, etc.... While young guy David Pastrnak is in his prime, with support from Bergeron and Krejci. The old veteran Chara still leads the back end but with the needed fresh legs, Boston signed top prospect, Charlie McAvoy from Boston University. Tuukka Rask is still a great goalie who can steal you games. Boston last played in the 2014 playoffs, losing in the semi's to Montreal in 7.

Prediction: Boston in 6

(M1) Washington Capitals VS (WC2) Toronto Maple Leafs

Washington won the President's Trophy this year as the best record in baseball, and they have the *win or bust* mentality. Led by Alex Ovechkin, and supporting cast of Justin Williams, T.J. Oshie, Nick Backstrom, Evgeni Kuznetsov. With a good back stop of John Carlson and newly acquired Kevin Shattenkirk. Washington wants it all, but they haven't been to the finals since 98 and not in the conference finals with Ovechkin. Braden Holtby, the Vezina winner last year, is still an amazing goalie. Washington last year lost of course in the second round to Pittsburgh.

The Toronto Maple Leafs, last won in 1967, and after their 4-1 collapse in 2013 to Boston in Game 7, it was rebuilding time, out goes Phil Kessel, and the Shanaplan has lead to an amazing crop of rookies. Nylander, 8th overall 2014, Mitch Marner, 4th overall 2015 and the proud american kid AUSTON MATTHEWS. The first overall pick this year, scored 4 IN HIS FIRST NHL GAME, and he ended with 40 total goals, the first with 40+ since Ovechkin in 2006. Morgan Reilly is still young but a great defender for the Leafs, while new #1 Freddy Andersen has been lights out for Toronto and the #1 goalie the leafs DESPERATELY needed. They weren't even supposed to be here, but now the real show begins.

Prediciton: Toronto in 6

(M2) Pittsburgh Penguins VS (M3) Columbus Blue Jackets

The Penguins won the cup last year and the last team to repeat was the 98 Red Wings (who finally lost their 25 year playoff streak). Led by Rocket Richard winner Sidney Crosby, the 2016 Finals MVP is proving to everyone why he's still the best player in the world. He plays with no-names and makes them stars. With a supporting cast of Kessel, Malkin and Hornqvist. Last year's out of nowhere player in Matt Murray, the new #1 goalie for the Penguins is looking to have a great start to his career.

Columbus is back after an record setting season for their franchise. Cam Atkinson leads the goal-scoring department and has a great cast with Saad, Wennburg, Foligno, and a rejuvenated Sam Gagner. Zach Werenski, the 8th overall pick in 2015 has been the best defensive prospect this year, and would win calder if it wasn't for a certain #34 in T.O. Sergei *On the Case* Bobrovski is the leading candidate for the vezina and after a rough couple of years has shown why he's a top NHL goaltender. The last time Columbus made the playoffs was in 2014, losing to the Penguins, in a great series in 6 games.

Prediction: Columbus in 7

SEMI FINALS
(C1) Chicago VS (C3) St. Louis - Chicago in 6
(P1) Anaheim VS (P2) Edmonton - Edmonton in 6
(A1) Montreal VS (A3) Boston - Montreal in 7
(C3) Columbus VS (WC2) Toronto - Columbus in 5

CONFERENCE FINALS
(C1) Chicago VS (P2) Edmonton - Edmonton in 7
(A1) Montreal VS (C3) Columbus - Montreal in 6

STANLEY CUP FINALS
(A1) Montreal VS (P2) Edmonton - Edmonton in 6
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs Empty Re: 2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:47 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:STANLEY CUP FINALS

Bias much?
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mtrimmer365 Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:31 pm

SUPER EXCITED. Cannot not wait to see the Penguins win another title

EDIT: for some reason, my bracket predictions didn't go through with the post so I'm just gonna simply list my picks for the Stanley Cup final: Pittsburgh over Minnesota in 7. Edmonton and Boston lose in their respective conference championships.
mtrimmer365
mtrimmer365
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:37 pm

WEST:
Chicago over Nashville in 5
Wild over Blues in 6
Ducks sweep Flames in 4
Sharks over Oilers in 7

EAST:
Rangers over Canadiens in 7
Senators over Bruins in 6 (i haz a sad)
Caps over Maple Leafs in 5
Pens over Blue Jackets in 6

SEMIS:
Blackhawks over Wild in 6
Ducks over Sharks in 7
Rangers over Senators in 5
Caps over Pens in 7

FINALS:
Blackhawks over Ducks in 7
Caps over Rangers in 5

LORD STANLEY'S CUP:
Capitals over Blackhawks in 6
PRAWBLEMS
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zfitzwater599 Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:29 pm

mtrimmer365 wrote:SUPER EXCITED. Cannot not wait to see the Penguins win another title

EDIT: for some reason, my bracket predictions didn't go through with the post so I'm just gonna simply list my picks for the Stanley Cup final: Pittsburgh over Minnesota in 7. Edmonton and Boston lose in their respective conference championships.
GO PENS
zfitzwater599
zfitzwater599
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:07 pm

NASCARLOVER427 wrote:

Bias much?

Laughing After last night I may be wrong lol
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by mtrimmer365 Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:
NASCARLOVER427 wrote:

Bias much?

It was only game one, and was an overtime game. Do not count out Edmonton just yet.

mtrimmer365
mtrimmer365

Back to top Go down

Post by mtrimmer365 Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:25 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:
NASCARLOVER427 wrote:

Bias much?

It was only game one, and was an overtime game. Edmonton was doing great for most of the game, but let go, unfortunately. Do not count out the Oilers just yet.
mtrimmer365
mtrimmer365

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:58 am

Uhhhhhh what the heck Chicago??? Talk about a busted bracket lol
PRAWBLEMS
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:16 pm

I wanna die. Go PK I mean, NASHVILLE
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerAzuzu Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:39 pm

With The first round out of the way we now enter the conference semifinals (aka Round 2)

On the West we have:

Nashville vs St. Louis
Anaheim vs. Edmonton (That 7-0 stompfest San Jose gave them in Game 4 clearly didn't work in their favor)

And on the East we have:

New York vs. Ottawa
Washingon vs. Pittsburgh (I wonder how this will turn out /s)

Place your bets now on who wins, by how much, and how many overtimes this round will have because 18 games went into at least OT1 in the first round, hell Toronto/Washington almost had nothing BUT OT games.
GamerAzuzu
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

Back to top Go down

Post by mtrimmer365 Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:56 pm

Predictions for rest of the playoffs

St Louis over Nashville in 7 (3 OT Games)
Edmonton over Anaheim in 7 (4 OT Games)

Ottawa over New York in 6 (3 OT Games)
Pittsburgh over Washington in 6 (2 OT Games)

St Louis over Edmonton in 7 (4 OT Games)
Pittsburgh over Ottawa in 6 (3 OT Games)

Pittsburgh over St Louis in 6 (3 OT Games)

Pittsburgh over St Louis in 6 was actually my Stanley Cup Final pick last year as well.
mtrimmer365
mtrimmer365

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:23 pm

GamerAzuzu wrote:With The first round out of the way we now enter the conference semifinals (aka Round 2)

On the West we have:

Nashville vs St. Louis
Anaheim vs. Edmonton (That 7-0 stompfest San Jose gave them in Game 4 clearly didn't work in their favor)

And on the East we have:

New York vs. Ottawa
Washingon vs. Pittsburgh (I wonder how this will turn out /s)

Place your bets now on who wins, by how much, and how many overtimes this round will have because 18 games went into at least OT1 in the first round, hell Toronto/Washington almost had nothing BUT OT games.

Nashville in 5
Edmonton in 7

NYR in 6
Pittsburgh in 5

Total overtimes: 5
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerAzuzu Thu May 11, 2017 2:37 pm

The second Round has gone by, and we had a team FINALLY, FINALLY break their streak of bad luck in the playoffs, as they now enter the third round, the Conference Finals.

...I'm of course talking about the Anaheim Ducks, who FINALLY win a Game 7 at home in a series.

Anaheim took two goals in a incredible game take Game 7 against the Edmonton Oilers who, honestly I think this won't be the last time we see them in the playoffs anytime soon.

Western Conference Final:
Nashville Predators vs Anaheim Ducks

Eastern Conference Final:
Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins.

I was this close, THIS close to putting down Washington here but....despite the Penguins blowing a 3-1 series lead enough that we had a Game 7, they decided to go FullCapitals and, once again, lose in the second round to the Penguins....this is the 9th time this has happened now.

And Ryan got it right there were about 5 games in overtime, two of them went into a 2nd.

Once again, predictions and number of overtimes in the Conference Finals. (For anyone wondering I had the Rangers winning the Cup over Edmonton, so rip me)
GamerAzuzu
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

Back to top Go down

Post by mtrimmer365 Thu May 11, 2017 4:55 pm

PENS ALL THE WAY BABY NO BLOWN 3-1 LEAD HERE.

Anyways, I think Pittsburgh (duh) is going to take the Cup over Nashville in seven. I think it will be a great series for a final (Anaheim would also be a great match up). I think Predators will take it in seven and Pens in six.
mtrimmer365
mtrimmer365

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Fri May 12, 2017 7:45 pm

0/4 on my final 4 predictions....

Go NASHVILLE. Make PK a champion please, I want to Marc Bergevin's head explode.
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Fri May 12, 2017 8:35 pm

mtrimmer365 wrote:PENS ALL THE WAY BABY NO BLOWN 3-1 LEAD HERE.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. We've seen what happens when you do that from last year's NBA Finals, and World Series, and this year's Super Bowl.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by mtrimmer365 Fri May 12, 2017 9:37 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:
mtrimmer365 wrote:PENS ALL THE WAY BABY NO BLOWN 3-1 LEAD HERE.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. We've seen what happens when you do that from last year's NBA Finals, and World Series, and this year's Super Bowl.

I was only talking about the series with Washington, not the rest of the playoffs. I know very well what could happen in the future. That is why I'll be worried for the Stanley Cup, as the previous three championship games before this year's cup and last year's from the major leagues of American sports have all resulted in tremendous comebacks.
mtrimmer365
mtrimmer365

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerAzuzu Mon May 29, 2017 6:53 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is time.

That's right. IT. IS. TIME.

Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals begins tonight, and after two nailbiting conference finals, we have our contestants for Lord Stanley's Cup.

Representing the Western Conference, and making their FIRST Stanley Cup Finals appearance, with not only being the lowest seed in the Western Conference, but with the lowest number of points of ALL the teams in the playoffs (essentially the 16th Seed, if you will) Give it up, for the Nashville Predators!

Representing the Eastern Conference, looking to do what hasn't been done since the juggernaut Red Wings in 97 and 98, and that is win two consecutive Stanley Cups, who despite the multitude of injuries and the amount of times they looked to be done, they come back and march onto the next round, Looking to be the first team to repeat cups in the current Salary Cap era, they are your defending Stanley Cup champions, the Pittsburgh Penguins!

27 Overtime games have come and gone throughout the playoffs, a multitude of series going at least 6 games, and it all comes down to this. The magic number is 4, thats how many more it will take to the hardest trophy in sports. Will Smashville's incredible run end with them lifting Lord Stanley's Cup for the very first time, or will Pittsburgh prove to be too much as they become the first team in nearly 20 years to repeat as champions? We're about to find out.

Predictions, who wins the cup, who wins the Conn Smythe Trophy, how many games and just for kicks how many overtimes.
GamerAzuzu
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mtrimmer365 Tue May 30, 2017 9:20 am

We take Game 1! Our first step to repeating, but I know I can't celebrate yet, it is only the first game, but this is a good start.

Also, for people complaining about the call. Even if the goal for Nashville was kept in the 1st period, the Penguins probably would've won either way it seems. They almost got screwed against Ottawa in the ECF anyways.
mtrimmer365
mtrimmer365

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:07 pm

And for the second year in a row, the Pittsburgh Penguins are Stanley Cup Champions. Becoming the first team since the '96-'97, '97-'98 Red Wings to win back-to-back Cups.
racingfreak1999
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by mtrimmer365 Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:47 am

LORD STANLEY IS STAYING IN THE STEEL CITY B0YZ. BACK TO BACK FOR THE SECOND TIME IN TEAM HISTORY. WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE THE THRILL IVE BEEN FEELING FOR THE PAST HOURS.

Time to focus on the Rockies! Were doin' good this year!
mtrimmer365
mtrimmer365

Back to top Go down

Post by zfitzwater599 Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:12 pm

mtrimmer365 wrote:LORD STANLEY IS STAYING IN THE STEEL CITY B0YZ. BACK TO BACK FOR THE SECOND TIME IN TEAM HISTORY. WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE THE THRILL IVE BEEN FEELING FOR THE PAST HOURS.

Time to focus on the Rockies! Were doin' good this year!
YAYYY PENS
zfitzwater599
zfitzwater599
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down