Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road course racing may very well be coming to Charlotte!!!!!

+8
PackerMan71
gone-sovereign
Alta
Rovenami
AntmanB
pennst24
SpeedDemon37
PYLrulz
12 posters

Go down

Road course racing may very well be coming to Charlotte!!!!! Empty Road course racing may very well be coming to Charlotte!!!!!

Post by PYLrulz Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:49 pm

PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Road course racing may very well be coming to Charlotte!!!!! Empty Re: Road course racing may very well be coming to Charlotte!!!!!

Post by SpeedDemon37 Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:43 pm

I really, really want to see this happen! I've always wondered why they never considered the concept before, and I think - for their first attempt at visiting the same track with different layouts - that a venue as significant to NASCAR as Charlotte would be a great place to try it out!
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Road course racing may very well be coming to Charlotte!!!!! Empty Re: Road course racing may very well be coming to Charlotte!!!!!

Post by pennst24 Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:45 pm

I think they wanted more test time to see how a roval car would be set up, and for CMS to continue to make improvements.

Or they could be honeydicking us and just move the 2nd Charlotte race to Vegas. Teacher
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:04 pm

If this Happens, go ahead and add the 2nd vegas date if you want to IMO.

AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovenami Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:18 pm

Why not use the Daytona road course configuration?
Rovenami
Rovenami
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:08 pm

Rovenami wrote:Why not use the Daytona road course configuration?

Probably part of it is that there's only 4 restrictor plate races out of 36, while there is 10 1.5 mile tri/quad ovals, and plenty more races on tracks between the 1 and 2 mile distance. If you're gonna look to diversify the schedule, that's the first place to look at.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:07 pm

pennst24 wrote:
Or they could be honeydicking us and just move the 2nd Charlotte race to Vegas. Teacher
Disappoint me Daddy!
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:26 pm

Yay for more road courses, but the fact that it's still Charlotte doesn't really woo me in. I'd really like to see Road America get a Cup date.

Last edited by kensethfan on Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:29 pm

kensethfan wrote:Yay for more road courses, but the fact that it's still Charlotte doesn't really woo me in. I still really want to see Road America get a Cup date.

Or Circuit of the Americas.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:37 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:
kensethfan wrote:Yay for more road courses, but the fact that it's still Charlotte doesn't really woo me in. I still really want to see Road America get a Cup date.

Both of those would be ideal and awesome. However, this Charlotte race would be a step in the right direction.
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:03 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:

Until someone can convince ISC and SMI that losing a few dates to road courses is the right course of action, roadies on the ovals may be the only solution right now. May be especially smart if they do it at Indy.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:10 pm

The Vegas announcement buried that the RC race at Charlotte. is happening in 2018 according to NBC
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zfitzwater599 Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:46 am

Alta wrote:The Vegas announcement buried that the RC race at Charlotte. is happening in 2018 according to NBC
Stupidity on Nascar's part
zfitzwater599
zfitzwater599
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:48 pm

kensethfan wrote:Yay for more road courses, but the fact that it's still Charlotte doesn't really woo me in. I'd really like to see Road America get a Cup date.

I think the only reason it's at Charlotte is because NASCAR painted themselves in a corner a couple years ago and signed long term contracts with the race tracks on the cup schedule. So the only way we were going to get a new road course is if we had to use pre-existing tracks.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:12 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:
kensethfan wrote:Yay for more road courses, but the fact that it's still Charlotte doesn't really woo me in. I'd really like to see Road America get a Cup date.

I think the only reason it's at Charlotte is because NASCAR painted themselves in a corner a couple years ago and signed long term contracts with the race tracks on the cup schedule. So the only way we were going to get a new road course is if we had to use pre-existing tracks.

Also, most of the tracks that NASCAR goes to are owned by NASCAR or are owned by a sister company to NASCAR. The large contracts that they signed just multiplied the issue massively.

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down