Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The local news thread

+5
navycook75
Chives2112
bartman97
conrail1990
f1fan12
9 posters

Go down

The local news thread Empty The local news thread

Post by f1fan12 Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:14 am

This thread is to show your local news stories that are either funny or have some substance.

Our Cleveland Local news stations are crap. You've got NBC 3 with no personality, CBS 19 Action News (Which actually should be channel 4 News) who go around calling unconvicted rape suspects and criminals, "prevs". ABC 5 is about as entertaining as mud. And, Fox 8 is well, watch this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5C2gihnEkE

The only good thing about Cleveland's news stations are they have excellent metoroligists. This is why when I go to my camper on the weekends in Sandusky Ohio, I watch Toledo news.

Anyway post your local news stories. Or discriptions of your joke news stations.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

The local news thread Empty Re: The local news thread

Post by conrail1990 Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:26 am

wow that was bad.

Being in northern Delaware, our news stations are in Philadelphia. We have CBS 3 eyewitness News and they acctually do good news reporting.

Theres FOX29, they go real in depth with stuff and the morning show for them is sometimes fun to watch. Case in point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3re802Wvig

Then theres ABC 6 & NBC 10 which are just stations to keep noise in the house.

conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:04 am

I know this was 4-5 months but still, this is lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROeDUCn8c-8
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:12 am

"I'm good, I'm, uh, faster than a bear." Laughing

I was going to make a thread about our annoying local commercials.
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:41 pm

I don't know f1fan, but mud can be pretty entertaining depending on what you do with it....

I hardly watch Norfolk news...
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:14 am

Chives2112 wrote:"I'm good, I'm, uh, faster than a bear." Laughing

I was going to make a thread about our annoying local commercials.

good idea!
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by tommykl Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:00 pm

I recently heard on the radio that, around 20 miles away from my house, a 56-year-old ex-soldier asked three 18-year-olds if they wanted to rob a convenience store. Only one of them accepted, and the other two called the police, who arrested them before they got to the store. Both still got indicted, the 18-year-old for driving without a license and the ex-soldier for carrying an undeclared weapon Smile
tommykl
tommykl
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:37 am

This happened in my hometown of Elmira, Ontario a few years ago but it's pretty interesting. We had a tractor chase.

It might not make an episode of COPS or World’s Scariest Police Chases, but an incident involving a fugitive tractor and two police cruisers hot on its tail in Elmira last weekend was the subject of local gossip, quickly making appearances on the popular networking sites of Facebook and YouTube.

Police in Elmira gave chase to a tractor after it was stolen from a Maryhill Road area farm on June 5.

The driver of the tractor, 34-year-old Troy Victor Taibinger from the Walkerton area, led police officers in two cruisers on a wild chase that spanned the townships of Woolwich and Wellesley and lasted some two hours. He was later arrested and charged with ‘theft over $5,000,’ ‘possession of stolen property over $5,000,’ ‘flight from police,’ ‘dangerous operation of a motor vehicle’ and ‘possession of a controlled substance.’

At a court appearance in Kitchener this week, Taibinger claimed that he had been high on crystal meth before stealing a tractor from a Maryhill Road farm in the early hours of June 5.

Later that day, at approximately 8:30 p.m., police spotted the tractor in Elmira. Responding officers first observed the New Holland cab tractor with a front-end loader near the Petro Canada gas station on Arthur Street in Elmira. Looking to fill the tractor with diesel, the driver was unable to do so at that location and subsequently drove off.

Police followed the tractor and waited until it cleared the town’s urban core before approaching the driver.

They attempted to stop Taibinger but he refused, taking off and leading them on a chase through area fields.

Many residents watched and videotaped the incident as the tractor, better suited for the uneven ground, led the cruisers across rough terrain.
“A tractor can go places a cruiser can’t,” said Sgt. Siegfried Peters, who heads Division 3A in Elmira.

The police drivers had to exercise caution so that their vehicles didn’t get stuck in the mud or in the waist-high grass, he said.

At times the tractor came close to public spaces, raising fear of injury.

“The officers were very concerned – not knowing if the driver was drunk – [that] he was headed for the soccer field,” said Peters, noting that police were successful in their efforts to turn the tractor away from the field at Lions Park on Barnswallow Drive.

The chase came to a conclusion when the tractor ran out of a gas while in the area of Ament Line and Herrgott Road near St. Clements.

“We actually knew that it only had a quarter tank of gas and we were expecting it to run out of gas,” Peters explained.

Full link: http://observerxtra.com/2/featured/many-spectators-watch-as-cruisers-trail-farm-vehicle-across-fields-around-elmira/
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:48 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Don't you just hate it when people from news channels just ruin the chases with their own commentary?
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:11 am

Houston News is Aweome. CW news sucks tho

I'd rank them as Follows

1. 11 KHOU CBS
-------------------------
2. KPRC Local 2 (nbc)
3 eyewitness news (ABC
---------------------------------
4. Channel 26 FOX
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Cw
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:20 am

In my area, there is...

- WPMT 43 (Fox) which is ok, but they love to trot out this one conspiracy loon every night saying about how such and such will be the downfall of a nation
- WHTM 27 (ABC) who at times take themselves too seriously (at least when I have met some of the newscasters every once in a while), and don't really watch.
- WHP 21 (CBS) which I rarely watch
- WGAL 8 (NBC) which is good for news... except when it comes to being all doom and gloomers about oncoming winter storms
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:27 am

The only news channel I watch is KWTX News 10 (CBS). Since we live in the middle of nowhere, they hardly have anything interesting to report, the new news girl is always messing up and she always talks about herself.
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down