Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2016 Chinese GP

5 posters

Go down

2016 Chinese GP Empty 2016 Chinese GP

Post by The_Wall_91 Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:19 pm

The third race of the year takes us to China. The tire compounds will be the same as the last 2 races (Super Soft, Soft, Medium). Here are the news items entering China.

Can Ferrari Keep Their Cars Running?

If Ferrari's goal was to win the Constructor's championship, they are off to a bad start. For the second race in the row, a Ferrari didn't finish the GP. In Australia, it was Raikkonen. In Bahrain, poor Vettel didn't even make it to the start... which leads to...

WTF Williams?!?!

The fail of the Bahrain GP was pulled off by Valterri Bottas. Entering turn 1 on the 1st lap, Bottas ran into Lewis Hamilton causing a melee. Drivers involved included Hamilton, Massa, Bottas, Riccardo, and pretty much everybody else. The drivers that benefitted the most were Grosjean, Gutierrez, and Stoffel Vandoorne, Alonso's replacement.

Grosjean Pulls Another Wonderful Performance

For the second race in a row, Romain Grosjean took the underpowered Haas and finished a fantastic 5th place. At one point of the race, Grosjean was up to 4th AND had the fastest lap of the race. Gene Haas said that the car might be competing with Sauber and Renault, they went toe to toe with both Williams and Red Bull. I would not be surprised to see if this car somehow gets on the podium soon.

Can Wehrlein Score Points with Manor?

The unsung hero of the race was Pascal Wehrlein. He finished an impressive 13th place, battling all day with Sauber and Force India. The Manor team has never been a good team speed wise, but they may have a chance to score their first points since the late Jules Bianchi's 9th  in Japan.

Can Rosberg Get 6 in a Row?

With Rosberg's win in Bahrain, his win streak is up to 5. For the second race this season, something has happened to all of his 3 main competitors. Hamilton had his problems with Bottas, Vettel didn't even make it to the start, and Raikkonen was not going to compete with Rosberg. Could this year be Rosberg's breakthrough year?

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

2016 Chinese GP Empty Re: 2016 Chinese GP

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:34 pm

The_Wall_91 wrote:The third race of the year takes us to China. The tire compounds will be the same as the last 2 races (Super Soft, Soft, Medium). Here are the news items entering China.

Can Ferrari Keep Their Cars Running?

If Ferrari's goal was to win the Constructor's championship, they are off to a bad start. For the second race in the row, a Ferrari didn't finish the GP. In Australia, it was Raikkonen. In Bahrain, poor Vettel didn't even make it to the start... which leads to...

Nope.

The_Wall_91 wrote:WTF Williams?!?!

The fail of the Bahrain GP was pulled off by Valterri Bottas. Entering turn 1 on the 1st lap, Bottas ran into Lewis Hamilton causing a melee. Drivers involved included Hamilton, Massa, Bottas, Riccardo, and pretty much everybody else. The drivers that benefitted the most were Grosjean, Gutierrez, and Stoffel Vandoorne, Alonso's replacement.

I have the feeling it will be better in China. Bottas is not a man in my eyes to carelessly make the same mistake.

The_Wall_91 wrote:Grosjean Pulls Another Wonderful Performance

For the second race in a row, Romain Grosjean took the underpowered Haas and finished a fantastic 5th place. At one point of the race, Grosjean was up to 4th AND had the fastest lap of the race. Gene Haas said that the car might be competing with Sauber and Renault, they went toe to toe with both Williams and Red Bull. I would not be surprised to see if this car somehow gets on the podium soon.

See, when not saddled by a bad team, he can do good!

The_Wall_91 wrote:Can Wehrlein Score Points with Manor?

The unsung hero of the race was Pascal Wehrlein. He finished an impressive 13th place, battling all day with Sauber and Force India. The Manor team has never been a good team speed wise, but they may have a chance to score their first points since the late Jules Bianchi's 9th  in Japan.

*Monaco

Also, no.

The_Wall_91 wrote:Can Rosberg Get 6 in a Row?

With Rosberg's win in Bahrain, his win streak is up to 5. For the second race this season, something has happened to all of his 3 main competitors. Hamilton had his problems with Bottas, Vettel didn't even make it to the start, and Raikkonen was not going to compete with Rosberg. Could this year be Rosberg's breakthrough year?

This will end, if Rosberg or Mercedes want it to or not.
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:42 pm

Thanks for fact checking that Jules Bianchi performance for me

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:25 am

-I have a gut feeling that Ferrari will either finish both cars, or have a double retirement

-Williams would do better if they went with an agressive strategy. Which looks to be the case because Massa has a only 1 set of mediums and the rest are Soft/Super Soft tires.

-Grosjean's result depends soley on how their tire strategy plays out. Haas has been playing the opposite of Williams by picking these aggressive strategies. I remember thinking during the race that there was no way they would pull it off, but they did. They still have teething problems such as lackluster pit work, and Gutierrez not being able to finish a race. However I would expect them to get points. Podium? I think the attrition rate would have to be high. Plus I think you would have to see a double retirement from Ferrari and at least one of the Red Bull's or one of the Mercedes to fall out for that to be attainable. However, at a track like Monaco, Singapore, Montreal or Azerbaijan where I expect the attrition rate to be higher, then I wouldn't rule it out. Heck with how crazy Montreal can be, they could probably win that race. Laughing

-No points yet for Manor, although I think they will score points at a really high speed track like Monza. It sounds as if their car is a bullet down the straights. But Shanghai, where half the track is a bunch of needless corners, I don't see it happening. However, I really hope I am wrong.

-I think it's a tossup between the two. Despite having less wins then Hamilton at Shanghai, I always think of Rosberg being really good there. Remember he came within a second of winning last season, and he won is first ever F1 race there. Hamilton also has been "Webbering" his starts lately, and that's where he has been losing races. However, Hamilton is the most successful driver in the Chinese Grand Prix with 4 wins including the last two. I'd say it is 50/50 between the two.

f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:04 pm

Qualifying will go back to what it was last year

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:54 pm

The_Wall_91 wrote:Qualifying will go back to what it was last year

Thank. Fucking. God.
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:37 pm

Here are the numbers for the Chinese GP:

13: This will be the 13th grand prix in Shanghai, only Lewis Hamilton (4) and Fernando Alonso (2) have multiple wins at Shanghai.

6: The lowest position to win in Shanghai, this was accomplished in 2006 by Michael Schumacher

.714: The lowest victory margin, accomplished by Lewis Hamilton over his teammate Nico Rosberg last year

1:32.238: Fastest lap ever recorded in the race, again, another track record held by Michael Schumacher, this was set in 2004

.042: The closest margin of pole, conquered last year by Lewis Hamilton over Nico Rosberg

344.1 km/h: Last year, Pastor Maldonado (somehow), beat Michael Schumacher's fastest speed ever recorded in the now defunct Lotus team

267 meters: The distance between pole to turn 1

12: 12 different drivers have visited the podium, Rubens Barrichello, Giancarlo Fisichella, and Schumacher's Ralf and Michael, all have 1 podium

1.1 km: The backstraight in Shanghai is the longest straight in F1

9: It has been 9 years since Kimi Raikkonen's only win in China

Also, Lewis Hamilton will receive a 5-spot grid penalty for a gearbox change

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:11 pm

The_Wall_91 wrote:344.1 km/h: Last year, Pastor Maldonado (somehow), beat Michael Schumacher's fastest speed ever recorded in the now defunct Lotus team

Long straight, Mercedes engines, team with nothing to lose, driver with nothing to lose - makes sense to me. Also, I wouldn't say Lotus is defunct now, just under new management.

An interesting point though - the highest Hamilton can start on Sunday now is the lowest position that has won in Shanghai.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:20 pm

RetrogradeRenegade wrote:
The_Wall_91 wrote:344.1 km/h: Last year, Pastor Maldonado (somehow), beat Michael Schumacher's fastest speed ever recorded in the now defunct Lotus team

Long straight, Mercedes engines, team with nothing to lose, driver with nothing to lose - makes sense to me. Also, I wouldn't say Lotus is defunct now, just under new management.

Ok, rebranded Lotus team

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:12 pm

Chaotic Qualifying Sees Hamilton Starting Last

The Chinese GP's qualifying in the rain has already brought chaos to this weekend. For example, Lewis Hamilton and Pascal Wehrlein didn't even finish Q1, Nico Hulkenburg will be docked 3 spots for losing a wheel, and Daniel Riccardo put his Red Bull outside front row.

Here is the...strange starting line up for China.

Row 1: Rosberg-Riccardo
Row 2: Raikonnen-Vettel
Row 3: Bottas-Kvyat
Row 4: Perez-Sainz
Row 5: Verstappen-Hulkenburg(3-Spot Grid Penalty, will start 13th)
Row 6: Massa-Alonso
Row 7: Button-Grosjean
Row 8: Ericcson-Nasr
Row 9: Magnussen-Gutierrez
Row 10: Palmer-Haryanto
Row 11: Wehrlein-Hamilton

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:19 pm

Over/Under on how many laps does it take for Hamilton to get on the podium. I'm going 10.
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:41 pm

I will go out on a limb and say he doesn't make it to the podium at any point during the race

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:50 am

Daniel Ricciardo - best driver, or bestest driver?
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:55 am

Summary of first 8 laps, Chaos, debris, strategy

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:32 am

Winners of Chinese GP:

Losers of the Chinese GP:

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:17 pm

Solid race. Crazy ass hell 1st half, with a chill 2nd half.

This has been the most impressed i've been with Rosberg in a while, he's driving like he's gonna lose his ride if doesn't perform. (Which btw Pascal is very good)
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down