Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2016 Super Stocks - Rookies Only Race and The All-Star

4 posters

Go down

2016 Super Stocks - Rookies Only Race and The All-Star Empty 2016 Super Stocks - Rookies Only Race and The All-Star

Post by Ben Atkins Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:10 am

Rookies Only Race

All-Star

Last edited by Ben Atkins on Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

2016 Super Stocks - Rookies Only Race and The All-Star Empty Re: 2016 Super Stocks - Rookies Only Race and The All-Star

Post by Magus978 Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:16 am

Torres' Super Stocks Debut Over Before You Know It:
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

2016 Super Stocks - Rookies Only Race and The All-Star Empty Re: 2016 Super Stocks - Rookies Only Race and The All-Star

Post by Mother of Invention Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:59 pm

Accidents and mechanical issues plague Union Jack's first race

When Ian Morris got out of his car, it was to a chorus of cheers, not because he got out if the car unscratched, but because he;s one of the most controversial polarizing figures in British motorsports history, made his return to the UK in spectacular fashon, getting caught up in a wreck. "I had no where to go, the red car ahead of me drove into someone blindly and I ended with no where to go. They told me to stay towards the back in this kin of racing but even that didn't work. Oh well, we've got one more shot coming up."

As for team mate Sarah Carlisle, her race got onto an even worse start. The loss of third gear at the beginning of the race, caused her to mess up on the start and she lagged behind most of the race. It is to be seen if the team can recover in time for the main race, but being an R&D car this may provide the team with needed info on how to work the cars.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:39 pm

Tony Long Making More Enemies Than Friends

Tony Long's first Dash Cup race was ... not great. Tony did learn a lot about his car and almost pulled a Kevin Lepage.

"It is personally on me. I am doing everything I can. My spotter and I misjudged the closing rate of the pack and it almost ended badly. As far as the deal with the 28, I am sorry about the contact that cut down your tire, I should have been more careful and it was unfortunate that your tire went down."

"I also hope the driver of the 71 is ok. The replay of the crash looked bad, the angle he hit the wall was bad, and when he got hit coming down the track was bad."

To get off the negative, Tony gained a large amount of experience about the car.

"The car is a little odd to drive. The way the cockpit is set up is not what I am used to driving. There are some kinks my team and I need to work out on the car. We have time now to evaluate the car, fix some issues, and prepare for Rockingham."

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:12 am

The All-Star has been posted.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:32 am

Harriet Wallace proud of "team victory" in the All-Star event

It may not count for full race points, but that did not take away anything for Harriet Wallace as she crossed the line a winner for just the second time in her Dash Cup career in the All-Star event with help from her teammates, Amber and Joey Clagett. Wallace, best known for her triumph in Oulton Park less than a year ago, and being the only driver with bright pink hair in the paddock, took home a purse of £250000 as well as a 50 point advantage to start the season, making her the points leader, incredibly, for the first time in her Dash Cup career. She now holds a 25 point advantage over Emily Brannagan, the winner of the Rookies Only Race.

"This is pretty huge," said the Welshwoman, "I thought Tommy [Ashby] and Emily [Brannagan] were going to push right past me, but Joey and Amber [Clagett] never stop shoving me and it gave me the advantage. I feel a little bit guilty for making a move on my teammate but I really wanted to win this, and you know what it's like in racing, all deals are off on the final lap!"

"I do need to make an apology to Perrie Forrester and Vincenzo Fochesato. I knew there were two on the outside of me but I had no idea we were five-wide, so I moved down and Perrie and Vincenzo got hooked together. I'm glad they're both okay. I know all about those tough hits all too much."

The crash that Wallace was referring to happened on lap 5 of the event. Wallace moved down to avoid contact with Soren Kanerva and Carla Rosinski, who were on the outside of Wallace, forcing Perrie Forrester low into Vincenzo Fochesato, where both hit the inside wall at over 150mph, with Forrester going airbourne in the accident. Despite Wallace taking the blame, Forrester did not blame Wallace for the incident.

Wallace will start third in tomorrows second sprint race., behind her teammate Amber Clagett who took the pole for the round.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down