Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great Lakes Motorsports: News and Notes

2 posters

Go down

Great Lakes Motorsports: News and Notes Empty Great Lakes Motorsports: News and Notes

Post by day500champ1 Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:02 pm

Well, decided to repost this with silly season updates for 2012.

2011 Drivers/Stats:
Elite Series:
1)#35-Ryan Griffin
Best Finish: 3rd (Alberta)
2)#38-Jarkko Forsström
Best Finish: 3rd (Albuquerque)

Thunder Trucks:
1)#32-David More
Best Finish:
2)#35-Ryan Griffin
Best Finish:

TM Lights Series:
1)#01-Taylor Silverman
Best Finish:

Possible 2012 Lineup:
Elite Series:
1.#35-Jarkko Forsström (confirmed)
2.#38-Ryan Griffin (confirmed)
3. ??-? (rumored 3rd car) {IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN SUBMITTING A DRIVER OR SPONSOR, PM ME}
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Great Lakes Motorsports: News and Notes Empty Re: Great Lakes Motorsports: News and Notes

Post by day500champ1 Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:55 pm

GLM close to part-ownership deal; Details TBA

This afternoon GLM released a press statement concerning the rumor third full-time team in 2012. ARLA News Now (fictional ARLA news company, similar to AP) is confirming that it appears that GLM with fund an entry in 2012 in a part-ownership deal with a current race team. While the name of the team and the details have yet to be determined, it is believe that the team my be a team looking to move up the Elite Series next season.

Upon learning of the press release, Jim More, GLM president and owner, had this to say to a local newspaper:

"At this point and time, we are still finalizing a deal and looking to make an official announcement here very soon."
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Great Lakes Motorsports: News and Notes Empty Re: Great Lakes Motorsports: News and Notes

Post by day500champ1 Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:25 pm

Griffin to Replace Silverman in #01 Lights car?; GLM to enter 4th car part-time next season?

As anyone involved in motorsports know, rumors are as much a part of the sport as the racing is. For GLM, the rumor mill has hit them this afternoon. ARLA Now is reporting that GLM could be entering another car next season but part time. The report also says that unless the team finds a driver and sponsor that it won't happen.

The other rumor that is hitting GLM concerns that TM Lights Series. For those who may not have heard the original story, Jim More bought out his brother, Michael's, share of the #01 TM Lights East entry. Well, the story that is being reported is that current driver, Taylor Silverman maybe replaced next season by GLM's "flagship" driver Ryan Griffin. This move could have other effects as well considering that Silverman is currently running in an independent entry for Fortner Motorsports in the TMMCS.

More was not available for comment.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:36 pm

Whoa, I'd slow down. You just started the series this year with 2 part-time teams, now you want 4? Slow down! Razz
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:06 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:Whoa, I'd slow down. You just started the series this year with 2 part-time teams, now you want 4? Slow down! Razz

Well, I should clarify, the two teams are going full-time next season and I have the team i'm forming that is a part-ownership deal than this part-time one would be 4, but these are only rumors. I'm not sure if i'm going to do it yet.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:44 pm

GLM disappointed with Dwyer showing; Silverman out of #01 car in Lights Series for 2012, Griffin to replace

For GLM owner Jim More, Dwyer was less than pleasant. First the #38 car failed to make it pass pre-qualifying. Then, the team's one-off entry failed to make the event as well. This left the #35 team as the lone representative of GLM in the event.

However, things didn't end well for them either. Early contact with the #15 left the #35 on its roof and out of the event. In a rare moment, More declined to be interviewed after the incident choosing instead to talk with his driver in the hauler. Clearly, he was disappointed though.

The poor showing at Dwyer though comes on the heels that GLM (which owns the #01 entry in the TM Lights Series) will not be renewing Taylor Silverman's contract next season. Instead the team will call upon Ryan Griffin to pull double duty running the TM Lights Series and ARLA Elite Series next season.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:58 pm

GLM Owner to drive entry in Rockford 200

GLM Owner, Jim More, released a statement this afternoon that he will attempt to make the Rockford 200 later this year.

More, who has driven alchol dragsters and late models off and on for 20 years, says this is just something he wants to do.

"My father and grandfather drove on the old dirt tracks here in Michigan and I really miss the short track racing myself. With the way the cars have performed on the short tracks this year, I'm really excited."
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:12 pm

GLM to host Charity Poker Tourament on Rockford race weekend

GLM owner, Jim More, announced this afternoon that he will be hosting a charity poker tourament to benefit the Red Cross which sponsors the team's TM Lights entry.

The event will be a knock-out texas hold'em tourament with the winnings being given to the charity of the players choice. Depending on the amount of players will determine the prize amounts. More, however, did emphasis that all players who participate will receive some amount of money for their charity of choice.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:06 pm

More releases statement after tragedy; plans to run tribute car for Decatur one-off

This afternoon Jim More finally released a statement concerning the plane crash that took the lives of 7 people related to the GLM team including Jim's brother and nephew.

"The last few days have been very hard for me and my family. But, I have to thank those who have given their condolences and well wishes. This team is a family to the people who work here and will get through this together."

More also addressed the team's future going forward and plans for the Decatur one-off entry he will be driving.

"All the news and plans we have made up to date will go on as planned. Griffin and myself will still attempt the TMMCS Decatur event. However, after talking with sponsor Dime Brakes and the team, the car will be painted solid black with white numbers in honor of those who passed.

Once again I thank those who have offered condolences and well wishes and I will see on track."
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:57 pm

NTSB releases report on GLM plane crash; More sends condolences to Scott Hamilton's family

This afternoon the National Transportation Safety Board released their final report on the plane crash the killed 7 members of the GLM race team last week.

"Through examination of the wreckage as well as witness statements. Flight 24 suffered a hydraulic system failure that caused the flight control to fail. Though an emergency landing was attempted, the landing gear was also crippled and thus caused the plane to skid across the field where it came to rest."

The report also cleared the pilots of any wrong doing.

For Jim More, this week has not been easy. After receiving the NTSB report, More was shocked to hear the news regarding Scott Hamilton's crash during the TMMC race in Brazil. After taking the call, he had this to say.

"First I want to offer my condolences to Scott's family. Believe me, I know what it is like to go through the death of a close family member. Second I don't think the cars need to be blamed for what happened. Motorsports are dangerous and today is a reminder that we aren't invincible and even the best need to be reminded of that. Lasty, I personally what to donate any winning my team gets from Rockford and Decatur to the Hamilton family."
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down