Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NASCAR Texas Weekend

+10
PackerMan71
Lucstar88
Electric Wolf
antknee
BWard
bigdc48
Alta
navycook75
Syzygy
BooyakaDragon
14 posters

Go down

NASCAR Texas Weekend Empty NASCAR Texas Weekend

Post by Syzygy Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:05 pm

NASCAR travels to the Lone Star State for another boring cookie cutter an exciting race!

Only thing out of the ordinary is Circle Sport expanding to a 3 car team with Travis Kvapil in the #39.  Also, Alex Kennedy will run the #33 instead of the originally-listed Brian Scott.

Cup Entry List:
http://www.jayski.com/news/stats/2015/story/_/page/07-Texas-2015-Entry-List

Xfinity Entry List:
http://www.jayski.com/news/nxs/2015/entries/story/_/page/NXS-2015-06-Texas-Entry-List

Last edited by BurningThunder on Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total

iRacing Poles: 3
iRacing Championships: 1
I eat the weeb pizza.
Syzygy
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

NASCAR Texas Weekend Empty Re: NASCAR Texas Weekend

Post by BooyakaDragon Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:38 pm

BurningThunder wrote:NASCAR travels to the Lone Star State for another boring cookie cutter an exciting race!

Only thing out of the ordinary is Circle Sport expanding to a 3 car team with Travis Kvapil in the #39.  Also, Alex Kennedy will run the #33 instead of the originally-listed Brian Scott.

Cup Entry List:
http://www.jayski.com/news/stats/2015/story/_/page/07-Texas-2015-Entry-List

Xfinity Entry List:
Coming soon.
I don't think the "start with more than 2 cars when your 1st car is still finishing 39th" strategy really works....
BooyakaDragon
BooyakaDragon
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygy Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:30 am

Xfinity entry list was released.

Notables:

-Timmy Hill returns to Xfinity to run the #13 for Carl Long.
-Stanton Barrett will run the #15 for Rick Ware.
-Brandon Gdovic makes his Xfinity debut in the #55 for Jimmy Dick.

iRacing Poles: 3
iRacing Championships: 1
I eat the weeb pizza.
Syzygy
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:50 pm

Jones wins his second pole in a row! Keselowski (with a new beard) starts 2nd. Suarez gets his career best 4th!

Kurt wins the Cup pole!
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:03 pm

Erik Jones wins his first ever Xfinity race!

Race was shit.... Only good things were the Gaughn wreck and the Jones/Jr battle.

Texas sucks...
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:56 am

I can't believe truck drivers are taking the talent from those poor Xfinity drivers.

Didn't see the race, but I'm glad that Erik Jones won, he's a kid that will probably go places in the future.

Love him or hate him, Kyle Busch knows how to pick up talent, even though, well... yeah.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:58 pm

Aside from some lead battles, this Cup race blows.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:56 pm

Me : We have a fuel mileage race.

Alta : Get a stopwatch and time how long till we get a caution.

Me (seconds later) : CAUTION FOR DEBRIS

Wow....
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:28 pm

Could Texas Motor Speedway burn to the ground please.....

Atrocious race... GW Jimmie... Nothing else really Sad
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:34 pm

meh
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdc48 Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:35 pm

Its time to do away with Texas Motor Speedway. A certain road course in Austin would come to mind. Anyway GW Jimmie. A 1.5/10. Absolutely boring as batshit.
bigdc48
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:52 pm

My first thoughts on the Duck Commander 500:

I agree with Luc and bigdc. This race sucked ass. Ragepuke

There was hardly anything in this race that could hold my attention tonight. In fact, it got so bad, that I was dozing off during commercial breaks and was barely able to wake back up when the race returned. And it also doesn't help that the Bore Factor of NASCAR led the most laps and won the race, with Harvick finishing second. This shit has been a constant theme this year, and quite frankly, it's getting old really quick.

The only bright spot of the race for me was Jrrr battling hard to get to the front near the end, and I was hoping for him to get that first win of the season to rescue this atrocious race for me, but in the end, Johnson wins at Texas again. Again. (sigh) The fact that this track has two Cup dates is a joke.

And not only that, just when I thought we would have a fuel mileage race, surprise, a debris yellow happens. Once again, too Goddamn many debris yellows for my liking, and once again, they weren't showing where the debris was. Good job, Fox and NASCAR.  Rolling Eyes

Overall, this track just f**ing sucks, and in my opinion, it doesn't deserve a single Cup date, let alone two. I can't remember if there has been any good races at Texas in its history, but one thing's for sure. There wasn't one tonight.

My final rating for the Duck Commander 500 @ Texas:

What else can I say? This race was f**king garbage. It gets a 1.5/10. Overall, this NASCAR season just sucks so far. We had such good racing in 2014, but then they decided to mess with the rules package and now the racing sucks ass. I wish they would do a mid-season rules package change and go back to the 2014 package, because while that package wasn't perfect, it was a helluva lot better than this trash that we've seen so far this season.

Thankfully, the next race is at Bristol. 'Nuff said.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:42 am

Congratulations NASCAR, your new rules package with the reduced horsepower and terrible officiating has killed the racing this year -_-
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by antknee Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:51 pm

The race was pretty exciting in person. I guess the television coverage was lacking. There were lots of battles within the field but everything seems to focus on the leaders. The leaders tended to pull out to sizeable leads after each restart. Harvick's charge to the front when a many stayed out was exciting to watch. Also the cheers was Keselowski was penalized reminded me of the dislike everyone had for Kyle. No fires, wrecks or fights though so it was boring for most. Biffle was sporting our colors again but managed a mediocre finish. Of course I'm happy with Jimmie's finish!
antknee
antknee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:02 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:And it also doesn't help that the Bore Factor of NASCAR led the most laps and won the race

This makes it hard to take the rest seriously. The guy's team was good enough to win 5 titles in a row. Since when does that make him the devil of NASCAR? And if you need a few examples where he shows his personality, you'll find plenty.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:08 pm

Casey Lester wrote:
PackerMan71 wrote:And it also doesn't help that the Bore Factor of NASCAR led the most laps and won the race

This makes it hard to take the rest seriously. The guy's team was good enough to win 5 titles in a row. Since when does that make him the devil of NASCAR? And if you need a few examples where he shows his personality, you'll find plenty.
I actually find Jimmie to be one of the more likeable drivers because of his personality. I don't get how people see him as boring, honestly, but each to their own.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:37 pm

Ben Atkins wrote:
Casey Lester wrote:

I actually find Jimmie to be one of the more likeable drivers because of his personality. I don't get how people see him as boring, honestly, but each to their own.

Not a fan of Jimmie but I respect him, for all of him accomplishments Razz

Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:07 pm

Casey Lester wrote:

Do we really have to have this conversation again? I said it last year after the 600 and I'll say it again: I wouldn't go so far as to think he's the devil of NASCAR, and yes, he's got six Cup titles, and good for him on that, but you need to realize something, Casey. Everybody has drivers that they root for and drivers that they root against. I'll make this short and simple...

I. Don't. Like. Jimmie. Johnson. He may be a six-time champion, but that doesn't mean I have to like the guy. I find the guy to be boring to watch and there are times when he can be a douche.

How is that so hard to understand? I don't get it.  Neutral

And if you can't take my post seriously because of my strong dislike of Johnson, well... I'm only giving my point of view based on my personal tastes, and if you still can't realize that, then there's nothing else I can do. Bottom line, my opinion on Johnson isn't gonna change, so don't bother trying to do so.

Just saying.

Last edited by PackerMan71 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:10 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:
Casey Lester wrote:

I. Don't. Like. Jimmie. Johnson. He may be a six-time champion, but that doesn't mean I have to like the guy. I find the guy to be boring to watch and there are times when he can be a douche.
I understand the fact that you don't like Jimmie, but I find this mind boggling. I don't think anybody said you have to like him for his success, and I simply don't understand how you can find him to be boring to watch. Again, each to their own.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:18 pm

Ben Atkins wrote:
PackerMan71 wrote:
Casey Lester wrote:

I understand the fact that you don't like Jimmie, but I find this mind boggling. I don't think anybody said you have to like him for his success, and I simply don't understand how you can find him to be boring to watch. Again, each to their own.

I just don't find the guy interesting to watch. If you're a fan of Johnson and you find him to have an interesting personality, hey, more power to you. You've managed to find something about him that appeals to you, based on your likes and dislikes, and that's fine. I'm just giving my opinion on the guy based on my personal tastes, and that's where the split in opinions come in.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:20 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:
PackerMan71 wrote:
Casey Lester wrote:

I just don't find the guy interesting to watch. If you're a fan of Johnson and you find him to have an interesting personality, hey, more power to you. You've managed to find something about him that appeals to you, based on your likes and dislikes, and that's fine. I'm just giving my opinion on the guy based on my personal tastes, and that's where the split in opinions come in.
Fair enough. You explained it really well there, so I understand a fair bit more now Razz

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:55 am

Casey Lester wrote:

Forgot two
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:03 pm

The funny thing is, at the mid-way point of the season. I have a feeling Johnson winning will be fine with most people, if Harvick continues his run of dominance!
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:21 pm

I might have said something different two or three years ago, but I can't hate Jimmie Johnson. He does occasionally have his bits of witty humor here and there, and to listen to him argue with Chad Knaus over the radio is like listening to a dysfunctional married couple. It's funny like that.

Like I said before, this Cup race sucked aside from the sparingly few battles for the lead we had. And I know it would be asking a lot, but if Harvick hadn't hit the wall at the end, we might have had a setup for a classic finish. Jimmie had to fight for that one, all of them did. But Harvick, as with any other race, had a dominant car, and he was closing on Jimmie. That said, good win, Jimmie Johnson. Wink
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down