Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miscallanous News Items from the Past week

Go down

Miscallanous News Items from the Past week Empty Miscallanous News Items from the Past week

Post by AntmanB Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:04 pm

DIRECTV Head2Head Knockout Competition: DIRECTV will team up with ESPN and NASCAR to open the throttle for a second consecutive year of DIRECTV's Head2Head Knockout competition  an innovative, bracket-format contest that will showcase existing and new rivalries among 32 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers. The high-stakes competition will take place over the course of four races during the 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series beginning Aug. 7, 2011 finishing with DIRECTV's NASCAR Head2Head Knockout Championship in Bristol, Tenn. on Aug. 27. DIRECTV, the exclusive provider of the NASCAR HotPass broadcast, will donate a total of $400,000 to driver charities during the four-round event as drivers compete head-to-head each week with the winner moving on to the next bracket. And drivers won't be the only ones competing. A participating fan, who fills out a perfect bracket, can win a $1 million. More info at directv.com and see the game at ESPN. Feel free to join the group Jayski "Fan"atics run by Mark Garrow.(8-7-2011)

Pastrana Nationwide debut delayed until 2012: Pastrana Waltrip Racing announced that Travis Pastrana will not make his NASCAR Nationwide Series debut until the 2012 season due to injuries suffered during the 17th annual X Games last week. The 11-time X Games gold medalist broke his right ankle and foot while attempting a Rodeo 720 with a back flip during the Best Trick competition in Los Angeles, forcing him to miss his scheduled NASCAR Nationwide Series debut at Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis last Saturday. The injuries required surgery, which was completed by Dr. Tom Dennis at Riva Road Surgical Center in Annapolis, Md., Wednesday evening. Dr. Dennis said the operation was a success and that Pastrana should make a full recovery following a strict healing process which will require Pastrana to be immobilized in traction for at least one month and unable to apply weight on his right leg for another month. "To give my ankle and foot time to heal properly we have decided to wait until 2012 to make my NASCAR debut," Pastrana said. "I probably could have been ready for the final couple of races in 2011, but it just makes more sense to start fresh in 2012. We are already starting to talk about testing and what I need to do to prepare for next season. My sincere apologies go out to my NASCAR team, fans and sponsors for this delay. Thanks for all of the support. This will be a fun ride & eventually." Pastrana made his NASCAR debut on January 29 when he finished sixth in the Toyota All-Star Showdown at Irwindale Speedway. Pastrana was scheduled to run a total of seven Nationwide Series races this season with his debut at Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis, Ind. on July 30.(Pastrana Waltrip Racing PR)(8-6-2011)

Patrick close to signing deal to run NASCAR in 2012 UPDATE2 Stewart comments: Danica Patrick is in the final stages of putting together her full-time NASCAR plan. Patrick is apparently going to run a full Nationwide schedule with JR Motorsports [in 2012], and run a limited Sprint Cup schedule with Tony Stewart in preparation for an eventual full Cup schedule.(ESPN/Associated Press)(8-2-2011)
UPDATE: Danica Patrick could still run the Indianapolis 500 even if she makes a full-time move to NASCAR, The Associated Press has learned. Two people familiar with Patrick's 2012 plans said she is in the final stages of a deal to run a full-time Nationwide Series schedule with JR Motorsports and limited Sprint Cup Series races with the team owned by two-time NASCAR champion Tony Stewart. The people spoke to AP on condition of anonymity because the deal won't be finished until she has secured a release from Andretti Autosport. The talks also include her continuing to run the Indianapolis 500, one person told AP.(ESPN)(8-2-2011)
UPDATE2 - Stewart...no comment? #14-Tony Stewart, met with members of the media at Pocono Raceway and discussed a few items and was asked about Danica Patrick:
Q) THERE ARE A LOT OF REPORTS ABOUT DANICA (PATRICK)&
Stewart: "I know, I've heard all kinds of stuff (chuckles)."
Q) CAN YOU SAY ARE YOU WORKING ON ANYTHING WITH HER?
Stewart: "Nope, nope."
Q) YOU CAN'T SAY OR YOU ARE NOT WORKING ON SOMETHING?
Stewart: "Can't say anything."
(Team Chevy PR)(8-6-2011)

Edwards re-signs with at Roush Racing: Roush Fenway Racing announced that it has re-signed driver #99-Carl Edwards to a multi-year agreement starting in 2012. "Carl Edwards has achieved a level of success on and off track that would put him at the top of the list for any race team," said Roush Fenway co-owner Jack Roush. "Carl and the #99 team are having a terrific season again this year, and we're thrilled that our relationship will continue for many more."
"We saw great potential in Carl a decade ago, and it's been a thrill to watch him grow into one of the sports' premier drivers behind the wheel of the #99," added Roush. "We didn't take our past success for granted when we sat down with Carl to talk about his future. As an organization, we approach each week with an intense focus on being successful in the race to come. Carl's position atop the points is a testament to that diligence."
"I sincerely appreciate the amazing opportunity that Jack Roush has given me in this sport and am honored to race for him," said Edwards. "As an organization, Roush Fenway provides the resources I need to win, and as a driver, that's the most important thing. We're having a fun season on the race track as we're leading the points and in great position for the Chase. That's the result of a lot of hard work from the men and women at Roush Fenway, Ford Motor Company and Roush Yates Engines. I really enjoy competing with this group and looking forward to continuing that relationship into the future."
"Carl brings a tremendous amount to the table from both a marketing and competitive standpoint," said Roush Fenway president Steve Newmark. "He has one of the largest fan bases in the sport, is able accomplish so much for his sponsors and is second to none on the race track. We're proud to have Carl as part of our roster going forward, a roster that includes some of the most experienced veteran champions on the circuit, and some of the sport's most promising up-and-coming drivers."
"We are pleased with Carl's vote of confidence in Roush Fenway and Ford," said Jamie Allison, director, Ford Racing. "This signals he believes he is with the right team and the right automaker to win races and championships. Now we can continue to focus on winning the 2011 championship."(Roush Fenway Racing)(8-4-2011)

Nashville will not host NASCAR races in 2012: Dover Motorsports, Inc. announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, Nashville Superspeedway, has notified NASCAR that it will not seek any 2012 race sanctions. Vice President and General Manager of Nashville Superspeedway, Cliff Hawks, stated, "Nashville is a tremendous market filled with passionate race fans. We have some extremely dedicated and talented employees who have made this track a great destination, but the reality is, after ten years of effort, we have to face the fact that without a Sprint Cup race and/or a significant change in the operating model for other events, we simply cannot continue." Nashville has a few events left on the schedule for the remainder of 2011 that will not be impacted by today's announcement. Dennis McGlynn, President & CEO of Dover Motorsports, stated, "We deeply appreciate all the hard work that our employees have put into making Nashville Superspeedway such a remarkable facility, and Cliff Hawks will remain to assist us with transition issues. We have also had years of unrelenting support from state, county and local officials and from the racing community  from racing fans and drivers to sponsors, team owners and various sanctioning bodies. We are, however, at a juncture where we must evaluate all of our options for this track, including its possible sale."(Dover Motorsports PR)(8-3-2011)
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down