Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remember when I said the WWE might not be around in 5 to 10 years?

+4
flyingturns89
Alta
RockyDennis
PackerMan71
8 posters

Go down

Remember when I said the WWE might not be around in 5 to 10 years? Empty Remember when I said the WWE might not be around in 5 to 10 years?

Post by PackerMan71 Mon May 19, 2014 9:06 pm

Well, it looks the ball has started rolling in that direction.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/vince-mcmahon-thought-had-plan-210904734.html

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If the WWE doesn't straighten themselves up, this could be the beginning of the end for them.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Remember when I said the WWE might not be around in 5 to 10 years? Empty Re: Remember when I said the WWE might not be around in 5 to 10 years?

Post by RockyDennis Mon May 19, 2014 10:36 pm

There are plenty of problems in the industry as a whole, top to bottom. I can ramble on about horrible promoters, bad story telling, and performers who are cancers to my industry, but for now I'll just talk about how WWE's problems are a mix of leadership and fans that are somehow even more whiny and hard to please than racing fans.
Oh, and let's not forget that WWE launched their Network thing that has fallen short of it's 1,000,000 subscribers mark. Despite what everyone in my industry thinks, despite being a creative genius, Vince McMahon is average at best when it comes to leading a global corporation. Sometimes I think they should never have gone public.
RockyDennis
RockyDennis
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Remember when I said the WWE might not be around in 5 to 10 years? Empty Re: Remember when I said the WWE might not be around in 5 to 10 years?

Post by PackerMan71 Mon May 19, 2014 10:37 pm

Not only that, but why would you launch your online network while you're still negotiating a new tv deal?

Makes no sense.  Neutral 
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RockyDennis Mon May 19, 2014 10:47 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:Not only that, but why would you launch your online network while you're still negotiating a new tv deal?

Makes no sense.  Neutral 

That was supposed to be a cable network in 2012, but not a single provider wanted it. Pro wrestling in the United States is nowhere near popular enough to warrant a 24/7" Network" and streaming service that costs more than Netflix. Yeah, they have 700k subscribers, but I'm curious to see the dropoff in August-September when the 6 month minimum runs out.
Fact of the matter is, and pro wrestling as a whole needs to get this, people have smartened up to the fact that every show is pretty much a weekly infomercial for whatever PPV, network special, or whatever stupid shit you call your mega events. So many people look at shit like the WWE Network and think it's hokey, so many look at the 6 month subscription lock in and think it's a scam or a ripoff, and they're mostly right. If they would just conduct themselves like a modern entertainment company and not look so "Stuck in the 80s", maybe they would be popular again. Since WWE leads the pack, it's kinda like NASCAR, it's gonna take a comeback by WWE to make all of wrestling relevant again, just like it's gonna take a comeback by NASCAR to make stuff like ARCA somewhat relevant.
RockyDennis
RockyDennis
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Mon May 19, 2014 11:11 pm

Difference between WWE and NASCAR right now?

NASCAR's product has actually improved significantly.

WWE's is still a pile of festering dog shit.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon May 19, 2014 11:56 pm

I've personally enjoyed the Bryan saga and just The Shield in general.

TNA is honestly in worst condition then WWE.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Tue May 20, 2014 12:31 am

They waited too long to pull the trigger on Bryan, and now look at the mess they find themselves in.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RockyDennis Tue May 20, 2014 12:37 am

PackerMan71 wrote:They waited too long to pull the trigger on Bryan, and now look at the mess they find themselves in.

No, the fans just turned on him too quickly. That was actually damn good story telling.
RockyDennis
RockyDennis
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Tue May 20, 2014 6:42 am

Alta wrote:TNA is honestly in worst condition then WWE.

I just read somewhere that TNA has cut their number of performers in half from two years ago. What once was a 60+ talent staff is now just at 33, and dropping quickly as reports are that Kurt Angle is expected to finish out his contract and then be released.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue May 20, 2014 12:51 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:
Alta wrote:TNA is honestly in worst condition then WWE.

I just read somewhere that TNA has cut their number of performers in half from two years ago. What once was a 60+ talent staff is now just at 33, and dropping quickly as reports are that Kurt Angle is expected to finish out his contract and then be released.
They're apparently gonna lose their soundstage in a few months at Universal Studios and there's people in the company that are trying to make the jump to Jeff Jarrett's promotion.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:02 pm

Now, Kevin Hart's guest hosting RAW next week. As if they wanted to plunge their ratings down anymore.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
Remember when I said the WWE might not be around in 5 to 10 years? NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:28 am

crl wrote:Now, Kevin Hart's guest hosting RAW next week. As if they wanted to plunge their ratings down anymore.
If it's just like Aaron Paul's and Hugh Jackman's guest appearance's in the last couple of months than nothing to worry about.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:21 am

Rough day in the WWE as a large list of cuts came out day. A total of 11 people were cut today, with more possibly coming tomorrow. Among the cuts are Aksana, Drew McIntyre, and Jinder Mahal, who have all been active within the last two weeks. Those who have also been released are Curt Hawkins, Camacho, Evan Bourne, Yoshi Tatsu, Theodore Long, Brodus Clay, referee Marc Harris, and JTG. Early reports are that some of the recently cut wrestlers may be heading over to Jeff Jarrett's new group. Brodus Clay, however, will not be one of them. He'll be going to Japan to protest dolphin hunting.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:43 am

flyingturns89 wrote:Brodus Clay, however, will not be one of them. He'll be going to Japan to protest dolphin hunting.

Remember when I said the WWE might not be around in 5 to 10 years? Tumblr_m4d16entGD1r5jtugo1_500
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:48 am

Hawkins and Bourne may be doing PWG according to Former WWE talent Trent Barreta.

Also RIP JTG. Nvr 4get
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:57 am

This brings some NXT guys over so.. I won't complain Razz

Sadly JTG got released, after 7 years of work with like only 4 matches in the last 4 years XD.
Ryder was probably scared to death lol

3MB after shitting on the shield, get shat on... the irony...
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:39 am

Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RockyDennis Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:03 pm

I would have cut every single one of these guys years ago. Only reason I liked Brodus was his gimmick.

Now, let's get rid of Tensai, Ryder, R Truth...
RockyDennis
RockyDennis
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:31 pm

RockyDennis wrote:I would have cut every single one of these guys years ago. Only reason I liked Brodus was his gimmick.

Now, let's get rid of Tensai, Ryder, R Truth...
Tensai doesn't wrestle anymore, he's now a commentator on NXT as 'Jason Albert'. That's the same reason Alex Riley hasn't been let go despite not doing anything ever.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:23 am

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:
crl wrote:Now, Kevin Hart's guest hosting RAW next week. As if they wanted to plunge their ratings down anymore.
If it's just like Aaron Paul's and Hugh Jackman's guest appearance's in the last couple of months than nothing to worry about.
......and I was right.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:35 pm

http://www.inquisitr.com/1322122/wwe-news-mick-foleys-name-banned-from-wwe-programming/

Further proof that the WWE gets supremely butthurt over opinions that don't suck their balls. If you have a dissenting opinion about the WWE, they will label you as "internet wrestling fans".

Cool story, bro.  Rolling Eyes 
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:24 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:http://www.inquisitr.com/1322122/wwe-news-mick-foleys-name-banned-from-wwe-programming/

Further proof that the WWE gets supremely butthurt over opinions that don't suck their balls. If you have a dissenting opinion about the WWE, they will label you as "internet wrestling fans".

Cool story, bro.  Rolling Eyes 
It’s no secret that Vince McMahon, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon believe they know everything about professional wrestling.

You could rewrite that sentence to read this:

It's no secret that Brian France believes he knows everything about auto racing.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
Remember when I said the WWE might not be around in 5 to 10 years? NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:32 pm

Emma has been released by WWE

The worst part?

Cameron is still on the roster after having a DUI and trying to bribe the officer.

Great Logic there WWE Razz This is why some people don't like you XD

Hopefully Emma gets a shot in TNA

Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down