Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want a nice book on F1? Want the Bernie Edition of it?

+3
Magus978
f1fan12
crl
7 posters

Go down

Want a nice book on F1? Want the Bernie Edition of it? Empty Want a nice book on F1? Want the Bernie Edition of it?

Post by crl Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:00 pm

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
Want a nice book on F1? Want the Bernie Edition of it? NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Want a nice book on F1? Want the Bernie Edition of it? Empty Re: Want a nice book on F1? Want the Bernie Edition of it?

Post by f1fan12 Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:17 pm

Oooooh I want it!
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Want a nice book on F1? Want the Bernie Edition of it? Empty Re: Want a nice book on F1? Want the Bernie Edition of it?

Post by Magus978 Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:20 pm

Want a nice book on F1? Want the Bernie Edition of it? S3yr

That is all.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:18 pm

>$1 million book

Only in Formula 1.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:08 pm

Bernie forgets that nobody reads anymore.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:21 pm

It's probably another book that talks only of the world championship races. Another "complete" book of F1 without mention Varzi, Nuvolari, Lang, Caracciola, Stuck, von Brauchitsch, or Seaman, and no talk either of the incredible non championship races going on in the 50s and 60s. And now they want 1,000,000 dollars for this thing with Bernie's signature? In my sign there's a list of my favorite drivers of the past. I wouldn't think 1,000,000 was a fair price if all of those guys had signed something.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:12 pm

Alpineopossum wrote:It's probably another book that talks only of the world championship races. Another "complete" book of F1 without mention Varzi, Nuvolari, Lang, Caracciola, Stuck, von Brauchitsch, or Seaman, and no talk either of the incredible non championship races going on in the 50s and 60s. And now they want 1,000,000 dollars for this thing with Bernie's signature? In my sign there's a list of my favorite drivers of the past. I wouldn't think 1,000,000 was a fair price if all of those guys had signed something.
Well, the period of Varzi, Nuvolari and Rosemeyer (the great Nazi propaganda driver) was not F1, so understandable it isn't included.

The book is very good, I have seen similar books first hand; many quality pictures and articles, and it's definitely worth buying the £2,000 version if you have the money...of course, people that "have the money" are millionaires so £2,000 is nothing more than a penny's drop. I'm not sure where the figure $1,000,000 has come from? The cheapest edition being £2,000 and the most expensive being £20,000, all signed by Bernie.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:44 pm

I see your point, but by that standard a book about the IZOD IndyCar Series would start with the race in Orlando in 1996. Technically that was when IndyCar started but there was IndyCar racing years before that. It wouldn't be a complete book on IndyCar without talking about the AJ Foyt and Bill Vukovich in the 1950s, the Lotus victories in the 1960s, and the golden era of the late 80s and early 90s. It's the same with F1. The first F1 race may have been in 1950, but the concept of F1 (or Grand Prix racing) dates back to the dawn of the 20th century.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:41 pm

Milan655 wrote:
Alpineopossum wrote:It's probably another book that talks only of the world championship races. Another "complete" book of F1 without mention Varzi, Nuvolari, Lang, Caracciola, Stuck, von Brauchitsch, or Seaman, and no talk either of the incredible non championship races going on in the 50s and 60s. And now they want 1,000,000 dollars for this thing with Bernie's signature? In my sign there's a list of my favorite drivers of the past. I wouldn't think 1,000,000 was a fair price if all of those guys had signed something.
Well, the period of Varzi, Nuvolari and Rosemeyer (the great Nazi propaganda driver) was not F1, so understandable it isn't included.

The book is very good, I have seen similar books first hand; many quality pictures and articles, and it's definitely worth buying the £2,000 version if you have the money...of course, people that "have the money" are millionaires so £2,000 is nothing more than a penny's drop. I'm not sure where the figure $1,000,000 has come from? The cheapest edition being £2,000 and the most expensive being £20,000, all signed by Bernie.
It better be a well-written book if it's that much money. In fact, the writing better be of War and Peace quality.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
Want a nice book on F1? Want the Bernie Edition of it? NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down