Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Number Outline

2 posters

Go down

Number Outline Empty Number Outline

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:04 pm

Hi, this is probably a really silly question, but how do you get a bold outline around the number? I want to do the 2013 Wernström scheme soon, and I want the number to actually be legible this time.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Number Outline Empty Re: Number Outline

Post by gwoodard41 Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:10 pm

RetrogradeRenegade wrote:Hi, this is probably a really silly question, but how do you get a bold outline around the number? I want to do the 2013 Wernström scheme soon, and I want the number to actually be legible this time.

This is more for the painting questions board below the actual paint shopt board...

But anyway, go to the layer list, right click on the layer box by the layer name and click 'select layer or select pixels' or something along those lines. Normally you'll see the numbers or number selected. Most of the time, I make a new layer under the actual number layer and then grow the pixels by 2 - 5 pixels (depending on the number size) and then fill it with black or another color (black works best as the bottom layer IMO, you can do the same thing to add a middle color, but only grow the pixels about half your black layer. That is from the actual original number layer.)

Make a copy of the original number layer, hide it, and use the unhidden number layer and merge it with your 'stroke' layers. This way you can edit the original number layer without issues. Depending on what program you are using, make sure anti-aliasing is on.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:53 pm

gwoodard41 wrote:
RetrogradeRenegade wrote:Hi, this is probably a really silly question, but how do you get a bold outline around the number? I want to do the 2013 Wernström scheme soon, and I want the number to actually be legible this time.

This is more for the painting questions board below the actual paint shopt board...

But anyway, go to the layer list, right click on the layer box by the layer name and click 'select layer or select pixels' or something along those lines. Normally you'll see the numbers or number selected. Most of the time, I make a new layer under the actual number layer and then grow the pixels by 2 - 5 pixels (depending on the number size) and then fill it with black or another color (black works best as the bottom layer IMO, you can do the same thing to add a middle color, but only grow the pixels about half your black layer. That is from the actual original number layer.)

Make a copy of the original number layer, hide it, and use the unhidden number layer and merge it with your 'stroke' layers. This way you can edit the original number layer without issues. Depending on what program you are using, make sure anti-aliasing is on.

Thanks! I think I got it now.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down