Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newest Driver to be Suspended by NASCAR...

+10
BWard
crl
Rykia
RyanB06
PYLrulz
Alta
Lucstar88
f1fan12
Mother of Invention
PKligBKFan
14 posters

Go down

Newest Driver to be Suspended by NASCAR... Empty Newest Driver to be Suspended by NASCAR...

Post by PKligBKFan Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:04 pm

Nationwide Series driver Jeremy Clements has been suspended indefinitely by NASCAR for a "Code of Conduct" violation. Clements made "Insensitive and Intolerable" remarks during an interview per NASCAR Sr. V.P. Steve O'Donnell

tweet via Bob Pockrass. Lots of different media members have tweeted this. Unsure what the comment is as it has not been announced. This really is too bad. Jeremy is a great job. Somehow I get the feeling he is being suspended for a bullshit reason...
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Newest Driver to be Suspended by NASCAR... Empty Re: Newest Driver to be Suspended by NASCAR...

Post by Mother of Invention Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:16 pm

Indefinite could mean just one week......
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Newest Driver to be Suspended by NASCAR... Empty Re: Newest Driver to be Suspended by NASCAR...

Post by f1fan12 Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:18 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:Nationwide Series driver Jeremy Clements has been suspended indefinitely by NASCAR for a "Code of Conduct" violation. Clements made "Insensitive and Intolerable" remarks during an interview per NASCAR Sr. V.P. Steve O'Donnell

tweet via Bob Pockrass. Lots of different media members have tweeted this. Unsure what the comment is as it has not been announced. This really is too bad. Jeremy is a great job. Somehow I get the feeling he is being suspended for a bullshit reason...

Get ready for NASCAR INCONSISTANCY!!!
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:19 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:Indefinite could mean just one week......

That is one week too long. Especially if the following is the truth.

Jeff Gluck ‏@jeff_gluck
Dunno if this is it, but I just found an interview with Clements from last week in which he speculated NASCAR fixed the pole for Danica.

NASCAR. The place where if you threaten to beat the shit out of a reporter gets you a one week suspension but speculating something to be fixed is an indefinite suspension.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:21 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:
Mother of Invention wrote:Indefinite could mean just one week......

That is one week too long. Especially if the following is the truth.

Jeff Gluck ‏@jeff_gluck
Dunno if this is it, but I just found an interview with Clements from last week in which he speculated NASCAR fixed the pole for Danica.

NASCAR. The place where if you threaten to beat the shit out of a reporter gets you a one week suspension but speculating something to be fixed is an indefinite suspension.

Nascar = Dictatorship
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:54 pm

Ok so the likely two things that got him suspended.

1.) A radio interview he did on "Planet Radio"

2.) A comment was made Saturday about the race (Possibly about the finish, and maybe wishing death on people?)
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:28 pm

Also this is Section 7-5 (Albeit on the K&N Series Rulebook. The three major series aren't public about there, but it can be presumed the same.)

A NASCAR Member shall not make (or cause to be made) a public statement and/or communication that criticizes, ridicules, or otherwise disparages another person based upon that person’s race, color, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, or handicapping condition.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:51 pm

More needs to come up for me to render a decision on how fair the penalty. Nascar may have just made themselves like fools or Clements is going crazy. I don't know which.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:18 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:Ok so the likely two things that got him suspended.

1.) A radio interview he did on "Planet Radio"

2.) A comment was made Saturday about the race (Possibly about the finish, and maybe wishing death on people?)

If it's because of #2, then I say that ought to make him think twice about spewing such bullcrap

If for any other reason, that's heavy-handed, and a fine would be tolerable (any other league, you spout off about officiating or how things are run, it's gonna mean a shot at your checkbook)
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:34 pm

Supposedly this was the comment (found on RuRa forum, attributed to central Florida radio program "Racing Radio"). And yes, it's about Danica:

"I think she's stuck up and not really that pretty, although I wouldn't turn down her. Both the NASCAR fans and NASCAR have a fixed pole for her. Really don't like that cause she doesn't deserve it but she opened herself up to stuff like this. And for what? Another pole at Daytona(LOL). Come on, either win or be a another pretty face kissing the winner."

Lots of problems there. Rigging allegation, multiple sexist comments...yeah.

If this is what he said (and admittedly, there's no corroborating evidence to support this yet), then Clements deserved what he got.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:46 pm

RyanB06 wrote:Supposedly this was the comment (found on RuRa forum, attributed to central Florida radio program "Racing Radio"). And yes, it's about Danica:

"I think she's stuck up and not really that pretty, although I wouldn't turn down her. Both the NASCAR fans and NASCAR have a fixed pole for her. Really don't like that cause she doesn't deserve it but she opened herself up to stuff like this. And for what? Another pole at Daytona(LOL). Come on, either win or be a another pretty face kissing the winner."

If this is what he said (and admittedly, there's no corroborating evidence to support this yet), then Clements deserved what he got.

Gonna somewhat disagree. Most sports leagues, you'll get fined. Shouldn't be any different here
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:20 pm

PYLrulz wrote:
RyanB06 wrote:Supposedly this was the comment (found on RuRa forum, attributed to central Florida radio program "Racing Radio"). And yes, it's about Danica:

Gonna somewhat disagree. Most sports leagues, you'll get fined. Shouldn't be any different here

But remember, this is NASCAR, where the punishments are inconsistent and the officials like to pick on and make examples of the 'little guys.' Also, the wording of the fixed pole sentence is very weird, doesn't seem correct to me scratch .

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:40 pm

Also it's been confirmed that was not it.

The article that got him in trouble has yet to be released. It was a 1on1 interview that took place last Saturday. reportedly the writer got concerned and sent the article to NASCAR before making it public.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:14 am

Mother of Invention wrote:Also it's been confirmed that was not it.

The article that got him in trouble has yet to be released. It was a 1on1 interview that took place last Saturday. reportedly the writer got concerned and sent the article to NASCAR before making it public.

Not it eh?!?

Now I want to know what he said!
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:01 am

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
Newest Driver to be Suspended by NASCAR... NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:43 am

Oh wow, I am surprised by all this.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:13 am

I can kind of see where NASCAR is coming, but it still is too harsh of a penalty. But, if he said anything about wishing death to people at the Nationwide Race, then perma-ban him.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:21 am

Rykia_RKXK wrote:
PYLrulz wrote:

Carl Long.....
But remember, this is NASCAR, where the punishments are inconsistent and the officials like to pick on and make examples of the 'little guys.' Also, the wording of the fixed pole sentence is very weird, doesn't seem correct to me scratch .
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:28 pm

Brendan Gaughn's Crew Chief got indefinitely suspended for using the N-word at Marc Davis in 09 and it lasted 19 days.

So if you want NASCAR to be consistent then don't expect Jeremy back till California

Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FlashRod4 Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:01 pm

FlashRod4
FlashRod4
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:44 pm

In the end, it just comes down to this...

When talking with a media member, ALWAYS assume you are "on the record". Thinking otherwise just gets you in trouble
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:52 pm

>NASCAR being asspained about something said...... on fucking MTV
Newest Driver to be Suspended by NASCAR... Wiggit10
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:18 pm

Until NASCAR actually quotes his comment somewhere, I'm going to be forced to assume that he said something completely innocuous and NASCAR BS'ed their way through this whole process. Just another example of how the entire organization is a shining example of inconsistent, iron-fisted stupidity.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:23 pm

Sorry to bump threads, just read Jeremy got reinstated by NASCAR after some counseling

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:25 pm

Has anybody got the exact quote that got him suspended?!?
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down