Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible riff between Jaguar Racing and Shane Lake?

+2
Ceej
DAWGFATHER
6 posters

Go down

Possible riff between Jaguar Racing and Shane Lake? Empty Possible riff between Jaguar Racing and Shane Lake?

Post by DAWGFATHER Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:43 am

Shane Lake in an interveiw after failing to make the race at Dwyer reported that he was injured in an open wheel testing crash at Infineon and apperently Jaguar Racing execs have taken exception to that telling Shane through twitter "not to show up at Waltham" . Shane Lake put up on twitter that he was "trying to motivate the team" and that he "has high expectations" for them. And as for not showing up at Waltham Shane responded saying "the 155 is my car...Ill be there ; - )"

Shane Lake offered this through a teleconfrance earlier today - "Look I know the boys at Jaguar Racing are upset I didnt tell them I was hurt but ya gotta see it from the stand point that the 155 is basically my car. I sponsor the whole team and I made that 155 run really well last season. Are my expectations high?...hell yeah but whose isnt after running so well last season. Yeah Im a lil upset we havent gotten the finishes we deserve but I know we can get them we just need the team to help out a lil more by providing the same cars they've given the 165 [Holden Roberts] and maybe things will go better."

What about the injuries?

"I was doing someone a favor a few weeks ago by shaking down their car for them and we had a brake rotor blow up on us. Yeah my ankle and wrist are smashed pretty good but I think we still woulda made the race if that Bell didnt take us out of it. Even when im at 85% which Im at right now Im still a wheel man. I dont give up and I fight for everything I can get out of the car. I just need some help from the team."
DAWGFATHER
DAWGFATHER
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Possible riff between Jaguar Racing and Shane Lake? Empty Re: Possible riff between Jaguar Racing and Shane Lake?

Post by DAWGFATHER Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:13 am

Shane Lake STILL feels like the 155 is his car

Shane Lake outside his Bar and Grill offered this to everyone whose speculating that his time at Jaguar is up - "I dont see it happening. The boys at the shop know where Im coming from after we sat down and talked and they know Im trying to motivate them to make these cars the best out there. We got REALLY strong competition out there and I know that we can run with them if everything clicks. The 165 of [Holden] Roberts has been really bad fast all season and Im proud of him as a rookie to see what he has done. I just wish all the cars could run as well as his."
DAWGFATHER
DAWGFATHER

Back to top Go down

Possible riff between Jaguar Racing and Shane Lake? Empty Re: Possible riff between Jaguar Racing and Shane Lake?

Post by Ceej Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:21 pm

Lake sacked from Jaguar Racing

Following the 150 Laps of Dwyer, Jaguar Racing officials announced that Shane Lake has been released from the team, citing poor chemistry between Lake and the rest of the organization.

Team owner Nathan Bromden refused to comment on the matter, but it is widely known that Lake has repeatedly voiced his displeasure with the team's performance during the season. It is believed that this contributed to his ejection, as well as the fact that he kept an injury sustained in an open-wheel crash secret from the team.

This move will leave Jaguar Racing without its primary sponsorship, as Lake's restaurant chain Dawgfather's is prominently displayed on both of the team's cars. Lake himself stated before the 150 Laps of Dwyer that he would pull his sponsorship if he was terminated from his contract.
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:44 pm

Lester to offer 00 seat back to Lake

Casey: I think since Shane had his ARLA deal terminated and he's got nowhere to go now, maybe I should give him my VSCC ride back to him. I've been performing like sh*t, so maybe I'm not the driver for that car.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:53 pm

Lautenschlager: "ARLA Needs to Take Action"

When Tyson Lautenschlager read on twitter that Shane Lake was injured and didn't even notify his team or ARLA officials of his injury, he was displeased and very vocal.

"Look, this guy is a good driver and all and I like Shane, but you cannot just decide not to tell your team or ARLA officials of an injury. He says he did it because he thought he'd be asked to step out of the car. Doesn't matter if they would, for your safety ARLA officials and team officials need to know about any injury. ARLA needs to take a look at this, this was not at all good for his safety."

Lautenschlager promptly walked out of the conference room and he looked disgusted.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:54 pm

Bloomers offers 89 to Lake.

Chuck Bloomers said in a tweet that if Shane Lake lost his ride he could get in the 89 for the last six races. Bloomers has now contacted Lake about getting in the car, and is hoping Lake will.

"We need a boost. We're struggling and everyone knows it. Shane might be able to turn our organization around."

It is unknown if the paint scheme on the 89 would change to show Shane's business, Dawgfather's, on the car.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovenami Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:52 am

GasTech to aid Lake during last few races

After hearing Shane Lake being sacked, Vladimir Visscov took action and since their driver Treck Tauger will be out for the rest of the season and Razzo Pastron not available at the moment, he requested Shane Lake to drive #011 Cromwell and will let Lake's sponsor (Dawgfather's Bar & Grill) be sponsoring #011.
Rovenami
Rovenami
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:58 am

Dude, your car got tossed ...
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by DAWGFATHER Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:11 am

Shane Lake STUNNED

Shane Lake was outside Dawgfathers when the news broke and had this to say - "REALLY? WOW!! Well ya know things happen and we all move on...I have been contacted by quite a few teams about bringing my talents to their team and theres a couple of really great offers on the table including me racing for a team but me owning the car. I got a couple of days to think about this and Ill have an answer shortly. I will be at the next race and racing jusst unsure who at this point."
DAWGFATHER
DAWGFATHER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down