Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well, looks like it's official: Trucks to Eldora next year

+15
day500champ1
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
BWard
RACECAR
Mystrsyko
Dan Mackay
f1fan12
Chives2112
RealRacer4
Alta
Sparkz47
PKligBKFan
pennst24
PYLrulz
crl
19 posters

Go down

Well, looks like it's official: Trucks to Eldora next year Empty Well, looks like it's official: Trucks to Eldora next year

Post by crl Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:50 pm

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
Well, looks like it's official: Trucks to Eldora next year NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Well, looks like it's official: Trucks to Eldora next year Empty Re: Well, looks like it's official: Trucks to Eldora next year

Post by PYLrulz Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:52 pm

PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Well, looks like it's official: Trucks to Eldora next year Empty Re: Well, looks like it's official: Trucks to Eldora next year

Post by pennst24 Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:06 pm

Well, looks like it's official: Trucks to Eldora next year Wat8
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:14 pm

Now we just need to get to Mosport & the schedule is set! Wink
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:32 pm

Well, looks like it's official: Trucks to Eldora next year Shocked-will-smith

Well, looks like it's official: Trucks to Eldora next year Elf_joy

Well, looks like it's official: Trucks to Eldora next year Tumblr_lm11bt4OaK1qe6xr2

Well, looks like it's official: Trucks to Eldora next year Tumblr_m8fkgcwJau1r70n32

Well, looks like it's official: Trucks to Eldora next year Thumbs-up-chuck
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:45 pm

Oh my.

This will be interesting.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:23 pm

AND: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/sports/2012/11/12/mid-ohio-nascar.html

I swear, there's something that NASCAR likes about Ohio. I'm already looking forward to next year. HOLY CRAP!!! THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:30 pm

Just got a tweet from Ray Dunlap. He says we should expect to see Mosport on the schedule next season.

Ray Dunlap ‏@truckpits
RT @TysonLaut49 @truckpits, should Canadian #NASCAR fans expect Mosport on the schedule next year? -yes sir. Info this weekend Smile
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Oh gosh, my body... it's not ready! Shocked
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:50 pm

O-H-I-O REPRESENTING!!!
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:53 pm

This is all great, for sure, but it still fills me with a small amount of anger that the Nationwide and Truck Series are getting all these great tracks, good battles, and up-and-coming drivers, while the Sprint Cup Series, the top division in NASCAR, is still running glorified follow the leader games around cookiecutter, 1.5-mile tracks with boring drivers and over-bearing management.

It's just so sad.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:55 pm

All this fun in the lower-tier series. 2013 reedeemed a bit. Very Happy

Excited for possible Mosport date...Wondering about Mid-Ohio as the recent Indycar races there have been kind of lackluster,

Excited about Eldora...Although wondering if it's staying a dirt track...If so...Oh dear that's going to be fun.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Mackay Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:20 am

rev up that S&P count at eldora, lol
Dan Mackay
Dan Mackay
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

http://danmackay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystrsyko Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:29 am

It's official. December 2012 Apocolypse. Nice knowing y'all
Mystrsyko
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:00 am

Sparkz47 wrote:This is all great, for sure, but it still fills me with a small amount of anger that the Nationwide and Truck Series are getting all these great tracks, good battles, and up-and-coming drivers, while the Sprint Cup Series, the top division in NASCAR, is still running glorified follow the leader games around cookiecutter, 1.5-mile tracks with boring drivers and over-bearing management.

It's just so sad.

I keep saying it, The Nationwide series and the Trucks are where its at. Cup will never change, they'll just keep losing fans and keep wondering why they are losing fans. Might as well rename it the "NASCAR ClusterF*** Series".
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:18 pm

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:25 pm

Oh wow, can't wait. But also, are there also chances one of the Drivers might flip when this Race takes place there? Cos' dirt tracks tend to result in lots of flips and rolls.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:34 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:Oh wow, can't wait. But also, are there also chances one of the Drivers might flip when this Race takes place there? Cos' dirt tracks tend to result in lots of flips and rolls.

If they do end up flipping, it'll be nothing compared to how bad sprints (wing or wingless) and dirt late models and modifieds usually flip. I'm sure they'll be fine. Anyway, guess who's already joining in on the party?

https://twitter.com/TonyKanaan/status/273883767163191296

EDIT: Not surprisingly, Kenny Wallace will be involved in the race as well. https://twitter.com/Kenny_Wallace/status/273930147336437760

I would absolutely LOVE seeing some of the dirt racers from the WoO (both sprints and late models), Lucas Oil Dirt Late Models, USAC, and heck, even some local racers get a crack at it. I also heard that Shawna Robinson is looking for a ride for the race but haven't found a reliable source for it. I wouldn't be surprised if Tony Stewart gets involved in it as well. Seeing different names pop up on who's interested in racing for the next few months or so is going to be quite entertaining. Most importantly, I wonder if and how Tony Stewart will add extra seats for the truck race at Eldora.

Yeah. As you can tell, I'm clearly excited. Laughing

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystrsyko Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:05 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:Most importantly, I wonder if and how Tony Stewart will add extra seats for the truck race at Eldora.
That's a good point, especially considering that he has to foot the bill for installing the SAFER walls around the track. If that doesn't happen, or happen in time, there wont be any race. Nascar will pack up and go somewhere else
Mystrsyko
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:38 am

Mystrsyko wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:Most importantly, I wonder if and how Tony Stewart will add extra seats for the truck race at Eldora.
That's a good point, especially considering that he has to foot the bill for installing the SAFER walls around the track. If that doesn't happen, or happen in time, there wont be any race. Nascar will pack up and go somewhere else

Um, NASCAR's already inspected the track, and said it's suitable without SAFER Barriers.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
Well, looks like it's official: Trucks to Eldora next year NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:43 am

crl wrote:
Mystrsyko wrote:

Um, NASCAR's already inspected the track, and said it's suitable without SAFER Barriers.
People seem to be forgetting dirt is a tad slower than tarmac, plus if a car has a right front go down, it'll probably dig into the track and slow it right down before hitting the wall.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:14 pm

Mystrsyko wrote:

The SAFER barrier deal has already been mentioned by others, but from what I am reading, temporary seating is being looked at, depending on how ticket sales go.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:40 pm

Could care less about the road course, but finally the dirt is back. NASCAR started on the dirt trails and back roads of the Southeast about time they came back.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:41 pm

The day after this happens...

Well, looks like it's official: Trucks to Eldora next year Screen15
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:37 pm

So...how are pitstops going to work exactly? I'm not too familiar with the layout of Eldora, but from what I've seen it doesn't appear to have any sort of NASCAR-style pit lane.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:41 pm

Dan Mackay wrote:rev up that S&P count at eldora, lol

I don't think so, NASCAR said Eldora would have a field limit at 30 trucks.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:46 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:

you know they'll still try,,,,,,,, Rolling Eyes
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:15 pm

day500champ1 wrote:Could care less about the road course, but finally the dirt is back. NASCAR started on the dirt trails and back roads of the Southeast about time they came back.
>implying road course aren't the best races of the year.

Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:24 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:

There will be SNP's, don't worry.
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:54 pm

bartman97 wrote:
flyingturns89 wrote:

There will be SNP's, don't worry.

There will be S&P's at the track, they'll just have a TON more teams to beat.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Mackay Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:07 am

> implying only 30 trucks would show up to begin with
Dan Mackay
Dan Mackay
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

http://danmackay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down