Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green Racing trying to stop tree removal at New York?

4 posters

Go down

Green Racing trying to stop tree removal at New York? Empty Green Racing trying to stop tree removal at New York?

Post by Ceej Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:23 pm

New York Autoring promoters have recently considered removing the trees that line the superspeedway's first two corners after OEN producers raised concerns about the trees blocking the view of cameras stationed in that area. However, ARLA race-winning team Green Racing, operated by self-proclaimed environmentalist Jodi Hadden with significant backing from Freedom From Pollution Council, is determined to stop that from happening.

Before opening practice for the Orange County 200 on Thursday, October 11 at the nearby Orange County Fairgrounds in Middleton, New York, Hadden and most of Green Racing's regular pit crew were at the New York Autoring, chained to the infield trees with the tree removal crew looking on.

During the protest, Hadden shouted at the removal crew, "You will not kill these innocent trees so the fat slobs watching the race on TV can have a better view!" The Green Racing pit crew applauded Hadden's words.

The foreman of the removal crew, who asked to remain anonymous, later told the press, "We weren't going to just throw the trees away. they would have been replanted somewhere else on the property, but [Green Racing] didn't believe us. I don't think they see the irony in being in racing anyway."

Green Racing's protest was successful for the time being. The Zing Energy 300 at the New York Autoring will take place on Saturday, October 20, with the trees likely to still be there.

Green Racing driver Todd Stater and a skeleton crew were on hand at Orange County Fairgrounds for practice. Stater has not offered a comment on the protest yet.
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Green Racing trying to stop tree removal at New York? Empty Re: Green Racing trying to stop tree removal at New York?

Post by Vincent Giacalone Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Todd Stater On The New York Tree Incident

"This is honestly the first I'm hearing about this. Jodi never even called me like she usually does about these kinds of things...over and over...but if you want my take it sounds a lot like some little insignificant issue that's getting turned into a war for nothing. If the trees are just getting planted somewhere else, then I don't see why it's an issue at all. It's not like the bad guys from Captain Planet made the track into their base; nothing's really getting hurt here."

"I don't know if you remember a couple of years ago when I said the 426 bunch was the most eco-friendly team a guy could ever drive for, but this season it's been obvious I was wrong."

Last edited by Nascarboy426 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Green Racing trying to stop tree removal at New York? Empty Re: Green Racing trying to stop tree removal at New York?

Post by pepsibottle1 Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:26 am

Laughing
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:09 pm

Ceej wrote:New York Autoring promoters have recently considered removing the trees that line the superspeedway's first two corners after OEN producers raised concerns about the trees blocking the view of cameras stationed in that area. However, ARLA race-winning team Green Racing, operated by self-proclaimed environmentalist Jodi Hadden with significant backing from Freedom From Pollution Council, is determined to stop that from happening.

Before opening practice for the Orange County 200 on Thursday, October 11 at the nearby Orange County Fairgrounds in Middleton, New York, Hadden and most of Green Racing's regular pit crew were at the New York Autoring, chained to the infield trees with the tree removal crew looking on.

During the protest, Hadden shouted at the removal crew, "You will not kill these innocent trees so the fat slobs watching the race on TV can have a better view!" The Green Racing pit crew applauded Hadden's words.

The foreman of the removal crew, who asked to remain anonymous, later told the press, "We weren't going to just throw the trees away. they would have been replanted somewhere else on the property, but [Green Racing] didn't believe us. I don't think they see the irony in being in racing anyway."

Green Racing's protest was successful for the time being. The Zing Energy 300 at the New York Autoring will take place on Saturday, October 20, with the trees likely to still be there.

Green Racing driver Todd Stater and a skeleton crew were on hand at Orange County Fairgrounds for practice. Stater has not offered a comment on the protest yet.

This has just made me grin. Green Racing trying to stop tree removal at New York? 215644238
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down