Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monza race date to move over for second American race this year?

4 posters

Go down

Monza race date to move over for second American race this year? Empty Monza race date to move over for second American race this year?

Post by Ben Atkins Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:03 pm

In a shocking announcement, the Dash Cup officials have stated their intent to cut Monza out of the schedule for this year, due to alleged calls from drivers about safety concerns. The officials have said that drivers like Carla Rosinki and Harold Smith called out the track after a test session that took place a week before the Japan tour, and due to several bad accidents this year resulting in injury or death, the officials do not want to take a risk with safety.

"Yes, we realised the track was unsafe from what the drivers told us" said CEO Ryan Truro "We can't take any risks now with safety like we did with the Mallory Park and Rockingham races. Drivers have come to us and said we should cancel the race because of the thinness of the track, primarily, and how one car spinning will probably block the track. We'd rather go over to America early and get a race done over there."

Tracks rumored to take over the date for Monza include Texas Motor Speedway, New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Watkins Glen or even the prestigious road course Decatur. A second date at Toddring using the road course layout is not out of the question either.

"We'd love to make our series change into an equal amount of road courses and ovals. Oval racing has been good this year. Look at Calder Park, Motegi and Eurospeedway. All three were amazing races with not many cautions or serious accidents occuring. It was outstanding racing too. We hope to see the same from the two superspeedways."

Carla Rosinki spoke out about the apparent transition from Monza to another oval or road course in America, and she was very critical on the choice;

"We can't keep messing around the schedule! I know I was one that complained about Monza being a bit unsafe, but it will cost these European teams money to move over to America early, and I don't think some teams can afford it. I hope to see a good race replace it. Preferably Toddring Road Course, but I wouldn't mind seeing a course, such as... um... Autodromo Antonio Passero thrown into the mix. That would make much more sense, since we'll still be in Italy."

The certain thing is that Monza is out of the schedule, but the question still remains, where will the penultimate race be?

(OOC: There are no good versions of Monza out there, so I decided to throw this one out too. I'm really sorry for all the sudden changes in the schedule I've had this year; I honestly haven't tested tracks enough, and that will be something I will fix for next year.)

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Monza race date to move over for second American race this year? Empty Re: Monza race date to move over for second American race this year?

Post by pennst24 Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:08 pm

CEO Ryan Truro wrote:we should cancel the race

Monza race date to move over for second American race this year? Lol-guy
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Monza race date to move over for second American race this year? Empty Re: Monza race date to move over for second American race this year?

Post by Ben Atkins Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:37 am

Grand Detour Raceway of Southern Illinois announced as replacement

One of the most prestigious short tracks on both the ARLA and TM Master Cup series has been announced as the track to replace Monza as race 15 in the 2012 Dash Cup season.

Ryan Truro stated his desire to go to a short track, and he says that "Grand Detour is such a prestigious track, and we'd be honoured to go there." While the CEO was very happy with his decision, the drivers were not.

Harold Smith spoke out saying "For goodness sake, these cars are meant for road courses! Why must we race at a track that looks just as unsafe as Monza? I think Truro has something wrong with him, this is a terrible decision."

This race will make the American tour two races long now, and even though Dash Cup officials desire to bring the series back to its roots in Europe for 2013, they're enjoying different parts of the world while they can.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:10 am

Justin Keith shows his displeasure
"are these guys insane? have they seen the junkyard this track becomes after a race? they could of at least picked Decatur, or god forbid some road course. I mean for christs sake, 2 of the ovals we went to killed or damn near killed people, and yet of all places we go to the track they infamously call "The Death Bowl"? I seriously hope you guys don't do this."
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:48 am

There's the "Circuito de Milano" and is the 10km version of Monza and works very well I think for NR2003. Another GPL conversion, however.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down