Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings from Britain

+8
day500champ1
Sparkz47
Chives2112
Blake Camphausen
navycook75
conrail1990
BWard
Andrea Cosimo
12 posters

Go down

Greetings from Britain Empty Greetings from Britain

Post by Andrea Cosimo Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:22 am

Hello, my name is Andrea Cosimo Wink I live in the south of England, in a not very famous town called London. Although I was born, raised and have lived here all my life, I prefer to consider myself Italian-Scot, a bit like my hero Dario Franchitti. I'm 16 years old, and have been karting since the age of 13 in local kart clubs.

I was interested in the concept of this forum, and also a little confused. I am an occasional sim racer, however it appears the forum has an alternative style of sim racing. By offline league, I suppose this would mean we would not partake in a race together, or at all? I would be interested to know, because it seems like a popular sport.

Andrea Cosimo
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Britain Empty Re: Greetings from Britain

Post by BWard Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:25 am

Nice to have you here, welcome. Smile
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by conrail1990 Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:30 am

Welcome to the board. Greetings from Britain 215644238
conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:36 am

Andrea Cosimo wrote:Hello, my name is Andrea Cosimo Wink I live in the south of England, in a not very famous town called London. Although I was born, raised and have lived here all my life, I prefer to consider myself Italian-Scot, a bit like my hero Dario Franchitti. I'm 16 years old, and have been karting since the age of 13 in local kart clubs.

I was interested in the concept of this forum, and also a little confused. I am an occasional sim racer, however it appears the forum has an alternative style of sim racing. By offline league, I suppose this would mean we would not partake in a race together, or at all? I would be interested to know, because it seems like a popular sport.
first off, welcome to the forum, and secondly....being an offline league that does mean we won't actually race, but some of us are sim racers as well, and quite a few of us are in a league called ISRA.

and as of right now all the leagues are full, BUT we do have one off races. the TM Master Cup series has Karjala (which already ran this year), Indy, and Decatur. ARLA has Indianapolis Raceway Park (which already ran) and Rockford at the end of the season. Dash Cup also has a one off race at Spa, but I think the signups are closed. but even if you're not running it's still fun to do.

like I said already, welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:37 pm

Welcome! Very Happy
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Welcome, friend, to our lovely community! It's true that our brand of offline racing may seem a little odd at first, but if you take some time to get yourself immersed in the forums, you'll get the idea.

And, like Navycook said, many members of EFR also take part in a traditional online league called ISRA. The league consists of several series, one of which (Formula 5) is run by EFR's very own Cynon. So if you have an itch to be involved in sim racing in a more traditional sense, they've got you covered.

So, that's about it. Explore, mingle, have fun! But not too much fun, we don't want any more arrests, now do we?
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:17 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:But not too much fun, we don't want any more arrests, now do we?
Sparkz, that was one time, LET IT GO! Laughing
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:45 pm

Blake Camphausen wrote:
Sparkz47 wrote:But not too much fun, we don't want any more arrests, now do we?
Sparkz, that was one time, LET IT GO! Laughing

And besides, they dropped the charges and told us as long as we don't bring the fireworks within 100ft of the cows again we're good. Laughing
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:07 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:we don't want any more arrests, now do we?
HEY! I didn't steal, I borrowed $1,000,000
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:17 pm

navycook75 wrote:
Sparkz47 wrote:we don't want any more arrests, now do we?
HEY! I didn't steal, I borrowed $1,000,000

And of that $1,000,000 you ended up returning $0.30, a bus token, and a case of eggs. I STILL don't know how we managed to keep you out of jail.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Andrea Cosimo wrote:Hello, my name is Andrea Cosimo Wink I live in the south of England, in a not very famous town called London. Although I was born, raised and have lived here all my life, I prefer to consider myself Italian-Scot, a bit like my hero Dario Franchitti. I'm 16 years old, and have been karting since the age of 13 in local kart clubs.

Ah, so another British Denizen joins the madness known as EFR? Welcome to the party Very Happy. (I'm American, like the majority of us here. There are a couple of Aussies, a few Canadians as well.)

16? Man, I feel old, anyway... the offline leagues, as Navycook/Leckliter/The Troll explained, basically are ran using Nascar Racing 2003 through the various mods. AI or 'CPU' car race against one another, they can be named after ourselves (to inflate our already massive egos), alternative names (like Ian Cooper, who's really Cooper W. and those select few know his last name... oh he's Cynon, the head guy that runs the TMMC, TM Lights, and the ASCC.) Ceej aka 'Christopher Johannes Juades' runs ARLA

You have BurningThunder who runs a non-canon offline league called the PCC cup, though I believe signups are closed. He's the local Russo-American (Well, he's been to Russia and really gets into character using Kuzzie...)

Ben Atkins is another Brit who runs the Dash Cup.

There are many here, some will troll you for whatever. Please don't take it seriously.

Oh and watch out for Herman. I heard his chain got loosened.

There are two leagues (online) here, first is the ISRA, which you need Teamspeak to access the links and stuff. It's easy to get into, though I recommend you use a steering wheel. We race F5 (Indy Cars Mod), Cup Series (DMR Cup 11 Mod), and NWS NTS (SRD NWS '11 Mod). The kicker is that we use .cts for superspeedway racing and .gns or .cup for everything else.

The other one is GOMA, and is running the NCTS '09 Mod.

There are many 'easy to follow' rules here and abroad. So enjoy your stay.

-Greg
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea Cosimo Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:19 pm

So I'd take it that it's much like real world motorsport, where you have to drive well in the lower championships (which I assume are in the "Minor League" section) to get to the Dash Cup, ARLA and the TM Master Cup? Also, because I am European, is there anything here that relates to Formula 1 or touring cars or similar? And thank you for the reception

Andrea Cosimo
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:27 pm

Just in case you want to know, the Racing Rumor section is where we talk about all the news and on-goings in the world of Motorsport. The Whirlpool section is basically talking about different things going on in the real world. Be sure to check out our posts in various threads on this Forum and just enjoy your time here. Very Happy
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:37 pm

Andrea Cosimo wrote:So I'd take it that it's much like real world motorsport, where you have to drive well in the lower championships (which I assume are in the "Minor League" section) to get to the Dash Cup, ARLA and the TM Master Cup? Also, because I am European, is there anything here that relates to Formula 1 or touring cars or similar? And thank you for the reception

Now you're getting it, but the minor league section is normally for leagues that aren't part of what we call the TM Canon. So most of the series there aren't in the same "universe" as the other series, like the Master Cup or ARLA. There are some in the minor leagues that are part of the canon, like Formula Overdrive and ARLA Street Stocks, but not all. If you're confused on whether or not a league is part of the main canon, I'd suggest asking the league owner.

I'd also suggest starting out somewhere like the Dash Cup, Streetstocks, or the RROL, and then working your way up. You can have as many drivers as you want, though, so don't feel like you have to compete in just one series. There are no real set rules on moving your way up, so just have fun with it.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:48 pm

Andrea Cosimo wrote:So I'd take it that it's much like real world motorsport, where you have to drive well in the lower championships (which I assume are in the "Minor League" section) to get to the Dash Cup, ARLA and the TM Master Cup? Also, because I am European, is there anything here that relates to Formula 1 or touring cars or similar? And thank you for the reception
the only Open Wheel series is Formula Overdrive, the F1 counterpart is Formula A, but open wheel cars on NR are not really the best.... and Dash Cup is the closest thing to touring cars....
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:11 pm

I think I have a theroy on what Cynon's last name is. (I know the first three letters)
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Welcome to the forums, Names Trey. Have fun, try not to act stupid, we've had guys banned for that. We have a forum game you can try for race weekend. Have fun

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:22 pm

Welcome to the team, Andrea! I'm the guy who'll kill you in your sle--I mean, Hi! I'm Rykia! Have fun on the forums, and don't be bad, or Herman will get some extra dessert!

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:28 pm

I can cook you something if you want, can i take over the spot as the forum's cook?

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:40 pm

Racerfan275 wrote:I can cook you something if you want, can i take over the spot as the forum's cook?

Can't be any worse than when Navycook did it.

He was the head chef on the S.S. Diarrhea.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:43 pm

Racerfan275 wrote:I can cook you something if you want, can i take over the spot as the forum's cook?

Might as well, though I don't know that anyone on the forum will ever be able to cook like DAWG...we'll see Very Happy

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down