Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fictional #31 Home Quarters Monte Carlo

2 posters

Go down

Fictional #31 Home Quarters Monte Carlo Empty Fictional #31 Home Quarters Monte Carlo

Post by pepsibottle1 Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:27 pm

**UPDATED 2-9-11** Here's the final product, and I'm really excited at how well this came out. I made a logo to put on the right rear quarter panel and I can't decide if it looks better with or without it on the car so I rendered both versions.

Fictional #31 Home Quarters Monte Carlo Pepsibottle1_TRS_145044

Fictional #31 Home Quarters Monte Carlo Pepsibottle1_TRS_145038

Fictional #31 Home Quarters Monte Carlo Pepsibottle1_TRS_145037

Had some spare time on my hands so I did up a fictional Mike Skinner scheme on the default Cup mod based on the defunct hardware outlet Home Quarters (they sponsored D.W). This is something that I've been wanting to do for about two years but never had the Photoshop skills to attempt. Made a bit of a paint flake in the base and it looks sweet. I'm really proud at all the hard work I put into this and the tricks I taught myself along the way in Photoshop.

I'd love to hear your feedback on as this is my first "serious" paint and I'm still learning the tricks of the trade.

Last edited by pepsibottle1 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:17 pm; edited 7 times in total
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Fictional #31 Home Quarters Monte Carlo Empty Re: Fictional #31 Home Quarters Monte Carlo

Post by pepsibottle1 Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:00 pm

Consider this a rough draft, but I'm about 70% done with this one. Had to rush out of school before I could complete it but I'll get it done Thursday. I'm digging this render although I know I need to fix those contigs. Very Happy

Fictional #31 Home Quarters Monte Carlo Pepsibottle1_TRS_144870
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Fictional #31 Home Quarters Monte Carlo Empty Re: Fictional #31 Home Quarters Monte Carlo

Post by pepsibottle1 Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:28 pm

Just got done with the final product and posted the render at the top of the page. I'm shocked at how nice it came out. It really does prove the truth in Cy's signature; effort does equal results! Spent a total of around 5 hours on this making sure everything lined up and came out right.
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:06 pm

Looks very nice!

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:07 am

Thanks! I put a lot of work into it for sure! I lol'd at the obmoxious green but their logo was really that bright. Had to remaster that all myself because the only one I could find was really shitty. Glad you like it though, definitly put a lotta effort into it and I think it paid off.

Any other comments/suggestions? Very Happy Feedback is welcome! I want to add a bit to possibly the a-pillar and rear quarter panel but can't think of any good sponsors? Anyone have some suggestions to what might work? I want to do something of a sponsor collage like there was on Skinner's Lowes #31 and the Ganassi cars where they have several sponsors pertaining to what is beng sold. I made that custom Lawn-Boy logo and I also put those two Briggs and Stratton logos on the hood since they match the "grass" theme but looking for maybe something else too. I'm open to whatever and I may make a few variants of this scheme with possibly different hood logos (the HQ logo would still be on the corners of the bonnet though).
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down