Kurt Busch to Phoenix Racing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kurt Busch to Phoenix Racing

Post by Ben Atkins on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:17 pm

I'm not very confident in this move for Kurt, but he had limited choices...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/Former-NASCAR-Sprint-Cup-Champion-Kurt-Busch-finds-new-ride-for-2012

_________________


NR2003 Online Wins: 121 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
NR2003 Online Poles: 80 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 19 (Latest - NASCAR Trucks at Daytona [06/30/17])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)

Nico Nico Nii.
avatar
Ben Atkins
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4528
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 22
Location : zura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Busch to Phoenix Racing

Post by crl on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:26 pm

This'll be interesting...

_________________
Norah O'Donnell - the only reason to watch CBS This Morning.
Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
avatar
crl
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32
Location : Nashville, TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Busch to Phoenix Racing

Post by pennst24 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:18 pm

avatar
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1262
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Busch to Phoenix Racing

Post by Alta on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:30 pm

Kurt will either prove how good of a driver he is by becoming a driver that can pull miracles in a shit-tier ride or Kurt will be around 25th.

I guess it's good Kurt got a ride.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3995
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 94
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Busch to Phoenix Racing

Post by RealRacer4 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:38 pm

What about Richard Petty Motorsports? I figured he'd be better off going to that team. Question

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Busch to Phoenix Racing

Post by bartman97 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:41 pm

Kurt should know that Phoenix is waaaaaaaaay worse than Roush and Penske. Expect him to be raging a lot more in the #51 car. Now people said that David Ragan had a agreement to drive this car. But now that this happened, it really opens up the #43 ride for Ragan.
avatar
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 805
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : Brisbane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Busch to Phoenix Racing

Post by PYLrulz on Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:12 pm

I'll sit back, relax, and love listening to the #51 scanner every Sunday
avatar
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Busch to Phoenix Racing

Post by Alta on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:49 pm

Anyone also think this is an example of Kurt trying to repair his image by signing with an obvious mid-field team.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3995
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 94
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Busch to Phoenix Racing

Post by f1fan12 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:54 pm

Now the 43's turn in the spotlight, who do you think will get it?
avatar
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2534
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 22
Location : Bay Village Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Busch to Phoenix Racing

Post by pennst24 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:05 pm

f1fan12 wrote:Now the 43's turn in the spotlight, who do you think will get it?

Jaime Alguersuari.

avatar
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1262
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Busch to Phoenix Racing

Post by antknee on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:31 pm

f1fan12 wrote:Now the 43's turn in the spotlight, who do you think will get it?

Still think it's Ragan.

Kurt took what he could get...it's not like teams were clammering after him. He put himself in that position.
avatar
antknee
Admin

Posts : 512
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 104
Location : Dallas, TX (The Colony)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Busch to Phoenix Racing

Post by PKligBKFan on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:02 pm

Even though I know it won't happen, I'd like to see Reutimann get the 43 instead of Ragan. Also, has anyone thought that there could be a possibility that Ambrose moves to the 43 and they shut down the 9 and just run a 1-car team?
avatar
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1381
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 21
Location : Canada. :)

View user profile http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Busch to Phoenix Racing

Post by Vincent Giacalone on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:11 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:Even though I know it won't happen, I'd like to see Reutimann get the 43 instead of Ragan. Also, has anyone thought that there could be a possibility that Ambrose moves to the 43 and they shut down the 9 and just run a 1-car team?

Rather see the 9 change to the 44. I can dream, can't I? Razz
avatar
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1263
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Busch to Phoenix Racing

Post by antknee on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:33 pm

It's a possibility but Petty said he would have two teams.
avatar
antknee
Admin

Posts : 512
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 104
Location : Dallas, TX (The Colony)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Busch to Phoenix Racing

Post by BBoy on Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:34 am

f1fan12 wrote:Now the 43's turn in the spotlight, who do you think will get it?

I think it's all but confirmed for Ragan. I just don't see RPM going for anyone else.
avatar
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 938
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : North Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Busch to Phoenix Racing

Post by Alta on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:59 am

BBoy wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:Now the 43's turn in the spotlight, who do you think will get it?

I think it's all but confirmed for Ragan. I just don't see RPM going for anyone else.
Confirmed.

Sources say David Ragan is likely to replace A.J. Allmendinger [who went to the #22 Penske Dodge] in the #43 Richard Petty Motorsports Ford, with an announcement possible as soon as tomorrow [Friday].(Sirius Speedway)(12-23-2011)
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3995
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 94
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Busch to Phoenix Racing

Post by RncRacer on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:52 pm

51 will be far better than RPM next season. 51 will be a SHR type team, with Hendrick cars, motors, and support. Expect Kurt to win a race. There is a reason Kurt took this ride over the 43 ride he was offered.

RncRacer
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Busch to Phoenix Racing

Post by racingfreak1999 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:18 pm

Alta wrote:
BBoy wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:Now the 43's turn in the spotlight, who do you think will get it?

I think it's all but confirmed for Ragan. I just don't see RPM going for anyone else.
Confirmed.

Sources say David Ragan is likely to replace A.J. Allmendinger [who went to the #22 Penske Dodge] in the #43 Richard Petty Motorsports Ford, with an announcement possible as soon as tomorrow [Friday].(Sirius Speedway)(12-23-2011)
Great. NASCAR's biggest waste of space will now be driving NASCAR's most famous number.
avatar
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1045
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 26
Location : Long Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Busch to Phoenix Racing

Post by Tanrar on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:31 pm

racingfreak1999 wrote:
Alta wrote:
BBoy wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:Now the 43's turn in the spotlight, who do you think will get it?

I think it's all but confirmed for Ragan. I just don't see RPM going for anyone else.
Confirmed.

Sources say David Ragan is likely to replace A.J. Allmendinger [who went to the #22 Penske Dodge] in the #43 Richard Petty Motorsports Ford, with an announcement possible as soon as tomorrow [Friday].(Sirius Speedway)(12-23-2011)
Great. NASCAR's biggest waste of space will now be driving NASCAR's most famous number.

But David Ragan's not driving the 3. Razz
avatar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1069
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 22
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Busch to Phoenix Racing

Post by racingfreak1999 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:44 pm

RandomClassic wrote:
racingfreak1999 wrote:
Alta wrote:
BBoy wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:Now the 43's turn in the spotlight, who do you think will get it?

I think it's all but confirmed for Ragan. I just don't see RPM going for anyone else.
Confirmed.

Sources say David Ragan is likely to replace A.J. Allmendinger [who went to the #22 Penske Dodge] in the #43 Richard Petty Motorsports Ford, with an announcement possible as soon as tomorrow [Friday].(Sirius Speedway)(12-23-2011)
Great. NASCAR's biggest waste of space will now be driving NASCAR's most famous number.

But David Ragan's not driving the 3. Razz
OK second most famous.
avatar
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1045
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 26
Location : Long Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum