Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 PCC Europe West Series: Race 1: San Marino

2 posters

Go down

2017 PCC Europe West Series: Race 1: San Marino Empty 2017 PCC Europe West Series: Race 1: San Marino

Post by Syzygy Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:00 am

Race Results:

Driver Points

iRacing Poles: 3
iRacing Championships: 1
I eat the weeb pizza.
Syzygy
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

2017 PCC Europe West Series: Race 1: San Marino Empty Re: 2017 PCC Europe West Series: Race 1: San Marino

Post by Electric Wolf Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:38 am

Gianunzio breaks through for first PCC Europe victory, 1-2 finish

Confident as ever, Fabrizio Gianunzio made claims of a serious championship bid for the 2017 PCC Europe season. It was not a show of bravado that many teams appeared to take very seriously, especially without any notable accolades in stock cars through their opening season.

Turns out Fabrizio wasn't bluffing after all.

Ricards Lipsbergs got the pole with Giampaolo Fini to his outside. The pair of Tutinos got out and away from the field early, but the 18 electes to attempt an alternate strategy by pitting on Lap 5, handing the lead to Lipsbergs. Matteo Gianunzio's debut ended abruptly halfway through as he rammed into Miles Treadway's stricken car as it was limping back to the pits. Engine damage from that collision ended the Italian's race, while Warren Koen II, also on debut, lost an engine from a top 10 spot.

It was very clear that the race would be between the two teammates, Fini charging hard to make up lost time. Unfortunately, lapped traffic and the 31's raw speed became too much for him to handle as the Latvian driver cruises home to win the West series season opener at Dallara - in doing this, Lipsbergs has also become the first Latvian driver to win a PCC Europe event.

Smiles, cheers and hugs erupted through the stall of the Double Coffee team. After a dismal season bordering on many DNQs for Artur Misko in that car last season, Lipsbergs immediately erases a lot of the worry some of them felt after a mixed first year.

"Wow, these cars are unreal", Lipsbergs said in his winning interview. "I want to thank my bosses and my mechanics... they got it going together and we could not stop once we were in the front. I'm so happy to get this first team win. Thank you to Capo."

"I told you we had something," Fabrizio Gianunzio told Italian press with some water and wine spilled on his shirt from celebrations. "The race was great, cars look smooth, very dominant. We are only getting started."
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down