Nascar @ Indy, ARCA @ IRP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nascar @ Indy, ARCA @ IRP

Post by AntmanB on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:43 pm

avatar
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1459
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Indy, ARCA @ IRP

Post by Rovenami on Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Red flag with 10 to go. HUGE crash involving Bowyer and Kurt Busch.
avatar
Rovenami
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 497
Join date : 2011-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Indy, ARCA @ IRP

Post by mtrimmer365 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:12 pm

Man, Blaney got screwed in that. Ty Dillon is an even bigger loser than his brother.


EDIT: Nice going McDowell, I had hope you could win this, but you just robbed yourself and many other cars. Also, Gray Gaulding piled into the 21's rear like an idiot.
avatar
mtrimmer365
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Posts : 132
Join date : 2017-02-08
Age : 14
Location : As far away from humanity as possible

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Indy, ARCA @ IRP

Post by Memoriesallbutdone on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:57 pm

What a shit show...
avatar
Memoriesallbutdone
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 635
Join date : 2013-06-28
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Indy, ARCA @ IRP

Post by f1fan12 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:02 pm

Start your pillows may have been a bit pre-mature. I think that was the most fun NASCAR race of the year. It was hilarious, but amazing.
avatar
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2533
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 22
Location : Bay Village Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Indy, ARCA @ IRP

Post by kensethfan on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:06 pm

My reaction to Kasey Kahne winning a Cup race in 2017:



Yeah, NASCAR probably waited to throw that caution, but in their defense they were running out of daylight and they probably wanted that race over so I can't blame them. At any rate, that was some of the most entertaining racing I've ever seen at Indianapolis in stock cars. Jimmie going for the lead as he was blowing up was a sight to behold. GW Kasey Kahne.

(By the way, Matt DiBenedetto P8 and Timmy Hill P14. I don't even know anymore.)


Last edited by kensethfan on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
kensethfan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 1018
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 19
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Indy, ARCA @ IRP

Post by Ben Atkins on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:10 pm

f1fan12 wrote:Start your pillows may have been a bit pre-mature. I think that was the most fun NASCAR race of the year. It was hilarious, but amazing.

I'd rather see actual racing than 35 cars getting smashed up because everyone loses their minds.

I've been wondering why I've been going off of NASCAR, but this race made me realise exactly why.

Kasey Kahne gets the win he's been looking for, I guess. Can't wait for him to waste that Hendrick car for years to come because his career got extended because of a shitshow. Fantastic.


_________________


NR2003 Online Wins: 121 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
NR2003 Online Poles: 80 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 19 (Latest - NASCAR Trucks at Daytona [06/30/17])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)

Nico Nico Nii.
avatar
Ben Atkins
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4515
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 22
Location : zura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Indy, ARCA @ IRP

Post by The_Wall_91 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:29 pm

I am not sure what happened but Dibenedetto got another top 10

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 689
Join date : 2016-02-03
Age : 19
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Indy, ARCA @ IRP

Post by PackerMan71 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:47 pm

Ben Atkins wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:Start your pillows may have been a bit pre-mature. I think that was the most fun NASCAR race of the year. It was hilarious, but amazing.

I'd rather see actual racing than 35 cars getting smashed up because everyone loses their minds.

I've been wondering why I've been going off of NASCAR, but this race made me realise exactly why.

Kasey Kahne gets the win he's been looking for, I guess. Can't wait for him to waste that Hendrick car for years to come because his career got extended because of a shitshow. Fantastic.

Exactly. A wreckfest does not make it a good race, no matter how you slice the pie.
avatar
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2617
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32
Location : Groveport, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Indy, ARCA @ IRP

Post by f1fan12 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:10 pm

It was entertaining. Maybe not for the right reasons, but I can't say I wasn't entertained by that race. Seeing Johnson giving everything he had to try and win the race, while blowing his motor was something very interesting.
avatar
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2533
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 22
Location : Bay Village Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Indy, ARCA @ IRP

Post by racingfreak1999 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:37 pm

Direct quote from Steve O'Donnell about if darkness played a factor in the timing of the caution
It would have been.  If we would have red-flagged the race, we would have never got it back in.  There was clearly oil on the race track.

Can't argue with that logic really.  They defiantly would not have time for another attempt.  At least the good news at HMS this week is that Bowman gets the 88.  The bad news is that the cockroach of NASCAR will be wasting top tier equipment for another five years.
avatar
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1037
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 26
Location : Long Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Indy, ARCA @ IRP

Post by Alta on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:45 am

At least you can't argue you'll forget the race.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3983
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Indy, ARCA @ IRP

Post by bsoyuz on Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:45 am

Racing was mediocre at best, if I wanted to see a demolition derby I'd go to an actual demolition derby.
avatar
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2507
Join date : 2013-11-29
Age : 18
Location : São Paulo, Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Indy, ARCA @ IRP

Post by bigdc48 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:41 pm

I was entertained with both races this weekend. Sure Sunday's Cup race was a spinning fuckfest (in a literal sense), but I kinda enjoyed it (well the second half). That Xfinity race was really good to watch. Just add speed and maybe the Cup Series will probably use the same package.
avatar
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 920
Join date : 2012-10-05
Age : 24
Location : Manchester, NH (near Boston)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Indy, ARCA @ IRP

Post by PackerMan71 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:54 pm

Alta wrote:At least you can't argue you'll forget the race.

Maybe so, but the problem is, it's for all the wrong reasons, and for some people, they'll say, 'Yeah, it was the race I stopped watching NASCAR completely.' Not exactly what NASCAR wants, I'm sure.
avatar
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2617
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32
Location : Groveport, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Indy, ARCA @ IRP

Post by Lucstar88 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:58 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:
Alta wrote:At least you can't argue you'll forget the race.

Maybe so, but the problem is, it's for all the wrong reasons, and for some people, they'll say, 'Yeah, it was the race I stopped watching NASCAR completely.' Not exactly what NASCAR wants, I'm sure.

I think this won't be the race that kills it, the only people left are diehards, who just watch racing, 2008 was way worse. Heck I still watch it, just because I love cars around racing.
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2688
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Indy, ARCA @ IRP

Post by PackerMan71 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:02 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:
PackerMan71 wrote:
Alta wrote:At least you can't argue you'll forget the race.

Maybe so, but the problem is, it's for all the wrong reasons, and for some people, they'll say, 'Yeah, it was the race I stopped watching NASCAR completely.' Not exactly what NASCAR wants, I'm sure.

I think this won't be the race that kills it, the only people left are diehards, who just watch racing, 2008 was way worse. Heck I still watch it, just because I love cars around racing.

I'm not saying it'll kill it, I'm just saying there will be some people who say enough is enough.

As for 2008 being worse, well... I disagree. 2015 might have something to say about that, because 2008 didn't make me stop watching altogether.
avatar
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2617
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32
Location : Groveport, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum