Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My First Real Attempt At Painting...

4 posters

Go down

My First Real Attempt At Painting... Empty My First Real Attempt At Painting...

Post by Chives2112 Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:36 am

https://s1081.photobucket.com/albums/j355/Chives5150/?action=view&current=PepsiSAARTyrant.jpg

Yes, this looks like a Tony Durbin/Matt Taylor rip-off. Razz

I've given up at the moment with my Dash Cup Series car. Tell me what you think, I just came up with this about 15 minutes ago out of nowhere. My "base", if you can call it, is just the paintbrush mode in GIMP. The Pepsi Twist sponsor came after a painted the thing.
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

My First Real Attempt At Painting... Empty Re: My First Real Attempt At Painting...

Post by gwoodard41 Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:45 am

Hmm... in all honesty, It's a good start, however a few pointers:

If you want to use a Pepsi twist logo, don't use the logos that have the white backdrops (well, if your car is white, that's not an issue).

The cans, while they would fit with the scheme, I would have them angled with their tops towards the front and center of the hood, and a LOT bigger (similar to the way I have my Canuck Maple Ale logos)

The car's primary should be blue, and add in lighter shades of blue stripes in the manner of the actual logo it itself.

Also, what you could do is a multi sponsor car, meaning, if you cannot fit the primary sponsor onto the quarter panels or the rear end as you like, you can go for secondaries, what would be funny is if you did a Coca-Cola and Pepsi car, just for kicks....

What you can also do is take a Pepsi Twist box, and scan it. Use the scanned box to create a base (similar to M Leonard's Canada Dry car by S. Plissken)

Pepsi Twist Logo (Located at Masgrafx)

You'll get better as you go along, at first I stuck with gradients as my thing but worked my way up to what you see for my Decatur one offs.

gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

My First Real Attempt At Painting... Empty Re: My First Real Attempt At Painting...

Post by Jason Hamilton Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:51 am

Better than anything I can do
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:56 am

My First Real Attempt At Painting... PepsiSAARTyrant

I think the base has some potential, but the logos need lots of work. That's one of the first things I learned when I started painting cars. It can be a painstaking and tedious process to clean up and modify logos, but it's worth it when you see the final product.

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:17 pm

Are you wanting to drive a number 12 car sponsored by Pepsi Twist in the One Off at Decatur?
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:23 pm

gwoodard41 wrote:Are you wanting to drive a number 12 car sponsored by Pepsi Twist in the One Off at Decatur?
I'm not sure, I'll think about it.
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down