Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Special Olympics B-ball

+2
racingfreak1999
BJ Falcon
6 posters

Go down

Special Olympics B-ball Empty Special Olympics B-ball

Post by BJ Falcon Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:23 am

I will be heading out in November to play in a Special Olympics basketball tournament in Great Falls, Montana. We're scrimmaging on October 8, which is Saturday, with the Missoula area teams to better prepare us for the games on November 3rd through the 5th. I will not have the laptop with me, but once I get done with the games, I'll send some photos over for you to look at.

There will be seven players on our team called the J.O.B.S. Thunder. (Okay, I know. It's playing on the Oklahoma City Thunder.) J.O.B.S. is the acronym for Job Opportunity Based Services based locally here in Missoula, Montana. Some will have eight or ten. It just depends on who participates.

The last time I participated in Special Olympics was in 2006 with the Frenchtown (MT) track and field team. Most of my ribbons I have are red, white, and blue, with one yellow in the mix. The third place ribbon was for the standing long jump at 3 feet, 6 inches. I beat that in '04, I think, with a 1st. I've had some fun with them. Now, I get to return to Special Olympics in an entirely different competitive field. Am I Kevin Durant material? No. But I do have the determination to get out and go for the win. There are some incredibly tallented teams, and my team, the Thunder, is getting better every practice session on Thursday's at the Missoula area YMCA.

So, with that EFR members, when I leave Frenchtown for Great Falls on November 3rd, cheer me on!
BJ Falcon
BJ Falcon
Development Series Rookie

https://www.youtube.com/BJFRacing88

Back to top Go down

Special Olympics B-ball Empty Re: Special Olympics B-ball

Post by racingfreak1999 Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:27 am

You have my support.
racingfreak1999
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:19 am

I am a huge special olympics advocate. As well as rights (If thats the right word) of the special needs. Example, Actual Bullying. (I think you can understand that) It proves to the whole world that people with disabilties can achive great things. Plus it also gives the participants a sence of accomplisment, which they sometimes don't see in life because of there disabilties. Another thing I like about the special olympics, is that it seems like everyone is excited just to be participating, not concered with winning and being upset with losing. It really makes me happy to hear about the special olympics. With my minor disibility it still feels like I have a more difficult time with school. I can just imagine what people with stonger disibilites than me have. But it seems like they all just seem very happy to be there. I feel privilaged to be in a country that doesn't look down on them. BJ you have my full support as well as everyone in the Special Olympics this year. Very Happy
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:39 am

Good luck and Hope you do great BJ!
My uncle used to do swimming in the special olympics. It's great to see special needs people having an organization like it.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:07 am

Good luck, BJ!
I've never been associated with the Special Olympics, but it is defiantly a great organization.
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:33 am

What disability do you have to be in the Special Olympics, autism, right?
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BJ Falcon Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:40 pm

bartman97 wrote:What disability do you have to be in the Special Olympics, autism, right?

Autism is what I have, but there are people in Special Olympics with cerbral palsy, and a lot of other disabilities. Essentially, you would need to complete a certified sports exam or physical from your physician. I just got mine done. It's just a precautionary measure to ensure stable health when competing. You would then sign it with the physician's signature and return it back to your S.O. representative in your area. You probably have similar programs like Special Olympics in Australia.

In other words, it isn't just autism. Special Olympics accepts athletes with physical or neurological ailments or disabilities with the opportunity to compete in a fun atmosphere and relate to people with such disabilities and break past the barriers.
BJ Falcon
BJ Falcon

https://www.youtube.com/BJFRacing88

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:46 pm

BJ Falcon wrote:
bartman97 wrote:What disability do you have to be in the Special Olympics, autism, right?

Autism is what I have, but there are people in Special Olympics with cerbral palsy, and a lot of other disabilities. Essentially, you would need to complete a certified sports exam or physical from your physician. I just got mine done. It's just a precautionary measure to ensure stable health when competing. You would then sign it with the physician's signature and return it back to your S.O. representative in your area. You probably have similar programs like Special Olympics in Australia.

In other words, it isn't just autism. Special Olympics accepts athletes with physical or neurological ailments or disabilities with the opportunity to compete in a fun atmosphere and relate to people with such disabilities and break past the barriers.

I kind of worded my sentence wrong, I meant that you have autism.
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BJ Falcon Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:48 pm

I get what you were eluding to. Very Happy
BJ Falcon
BJ Falcon