Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great Clips 200 - Nationwide Series

+5
Backmarker
navycook75
PackerMan71
RACECAR
BBoy
9 posters

Go down

Great Clips 200 - Nationwide Series Empty Great Clips 200 - Nationwide Series

Post by BBoy Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:01 pm

While it may seem difficult to believe, there is in fact a championship battle in the Nationwide Series. Only 6 points seperate Austin Dillon and Sam Hornish Jr. from their first Nationwide Series championship. Austin Dillon could end up becoming the first ever Nationwide Series champion without a single win to his name in 2013. Hornish on the other hand, has one win this season, all the way back in Las Vegas. How will the championship shake up in the penultimate race of the 2013 Nationwide Series season?
BBoy
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Great Clips 200 - Nationwide Series Empty Re: Great Clips 200 - Nationwide Series

Post by RACECAR Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:10 pm

I'm guessing no one has posted here because the race is actually the Servicemaster 200 and its actually going right now.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Great Clips 200 - Nationwide Series Empty Re: Great Clips 200 - Nationwide Series

Post by PackerMan71 Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:11 pm

I don't think anyone cares, TBH. Laughing
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:29 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:I don't think anyone cares, TBH. Laughing
I'm watching NCIS if that's saying anything.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:51 pm

Well since I have a former indycar champion I'm rooting for, Guess that makes me the only one that gives a damn.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:18 pm

And that's a dirty dozen for Kyle Boosh.

At least the championship battle is interesting.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:21 pm

A thought occurred to me earlier: Given their reaction when Kenseth won the Cup championship with only one win, NASCAR probably won't be pleased if Dillon wins the championship (or possibly Hornish, too) with one or no wins. Maybe such a situation might finally convince them to not let Cup drivers race?

Then again, they probably wouldn't, since it's what the fans want and it makes sense.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:25 pm

Dillon has the title i think. This race from the start was damage control for Hornish.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:56 pm

NeverNeutral wrote:A thought occurred to me earlier: Given their reaction when Kenseth won the Cup championship with only one win, NASCAR probably won't be pleased if Dillon wins the championship (or possibly Hornish, too) with one or no wins. Maybe such a situation might finally convince them to not let Cup drivers race?

Then again, they probably wouldn't, since it's what the fans want and it makes sense.
I'm just hoping they don't decide to introduce the stupid chase in this series when one of these two win the championship.

Alta wrote:Dillon has the title i think. This race from the start was damage control for Hornish.
Hornish just had a bad weekend overall and it ended up contributing to it. Its not quite over yet unless he has another miserable weekend.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:12 pm

RACECAR wrote:

Alta wrote:Dillon has the title i think. This race from the start was damage control for Hornish.
Hornish just had a bad weekend overall and it ended up contributing to it. Its not quite over yet unless he has another miserable weekend.
He has to be in the fight next week and have Dillon run sub-par. It isn't out of the question...But Dillon has had the better of Hornish lately.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:58 pm

I would give the Nationwide only drivers a performance advantage. That would allow them to shine while still allowing high profile drivers to compete, and if done right it could make for some great racing.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:01 am

Alta wrote:
RACECAR wrote:

He has to be in the fight next week and have Dillon run sub-par. It isn't out of the question...But Dillon has had the better of Hornish lately.
At the same time though, Dillon has shown he still goes over his head from time to time.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by tommykl Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:24 am

RACECAR wrote:
NeverNeutral wrote:A thought occurred to me earlier: Given their reaction when Kenseth won the Cup championship with only one win, NASCAR probably won't be pleased if Dillon wins the championship (or possibly Hornish, too) with one or no wins. Maybe such a situation might finally convince them to not let Cup drivers race?

I'm just hoping they don't decide to introduce the stupid chase in this series when one of these two win the championship.
While I could sort of see a reason why they introduced the Chase in 2004 (even though I don't agree with it), introducing it in Nationwide wouldn't change a thing, because I suppose they'd let the Cup drivers race during the Chase races anyway. So in that case, we'd still have drivers winning the title with a single win, only with a potentially closer points battle. If they introduce the Chase hoping that they'll get more wins from Nationwide drivers, they'll have reached a new low.
tommykl
tommykl
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:35 am

Alpineopossum wrote:I would give the Nationwide only drivers a performance advantage. That would allow them to shine while still allowing high profile drivers to compete, and if done right it could make for some great racing.
It sounds good on paper, but it'd probably be a bitch for NASCAR to regulate.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:10 am

Alpineopossum wrote:I would give the Nationwide only drivers a performance advantage. That would allow them to shine while still allowing high profile drivers to compete, and if done right it could make for some great racing.
I'd still rather see Cup drivers barred outright from competing. I really don't believe the presence of Cup drivers has any effect on the amount of attention the Nationwide Series gets. In fact, I think it has a negative effect (when you don't even need to watch about 90% of the races because you can just guess who is going to win, that's a bad thing). But, since NASCAR doesn't have big enough balls to tell the Cuppies, "Focus on your own series, and stay out of Nationwide/Trucks"...

I know that this idea will make a few eyes roll, but I would turn the Nationwide (or whatever it's going to be called after 2014) Series into, *exhales* a spec series. I would have each of the manufacturers present an idea for a chassis, and an engine formula. The manufacturer who is selected would build cars and engines for the entire series, which teams would purchase, and then, paint and race. We would definitely see who would have the chops to race against Cup drivers, and see which Cup drivers couldn't hack it downstairs in equal equipment *cough*Kyle*cough*.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
Great Clips 200 - Nationwide Series NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down