Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GOMA]Fatman's Rides that Never Were

+2
navycook75
Magus978
6 posters

Go down

[GOMA]Fatman's Rides that Never Were Empty [GOMA]Fatman's Rides that Never Were

Post by Magus978 Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:43 pm

This will be the first in a series of paints that I had intended to race online before I decided that due to personal reasons I would not continue to do so. Thus far, I only have one scheme rendered, but in the coming days I will try to have a few rendered and posted. Consider these as the "Wasn't Meant to Be" section of my online garage. Razz

First off, this monstrosity that would have run the super speedway events in the GOMA Cup Series.

[GOMA]Fatman's Rides that Never Were Magus978_TRS_203506
Base: RAH
Logos: Me (recoloring), Brands of the World
Numbers: Racin Grafix Forum
Template: Big Evil Racing
Render-Induced Brightness: Blinding Razz

KNOWN ISSUES
- Numbers are too big. Meh, I kinda' like big numbers but I still have the .psd, so I can make'em smaller or even remove them if you'd like to put a different set on it.
- No driver signature. I probably put one, but in my experimenting with different main colors before settling on blindingly bright white, I may have tried a black main color, made the signature white and never changed it back. Either way, slap your own name on it when I put it up for download! Razz

Want it? Get it here!

Last edited by Magus978 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

[GOMA]Fatman's Rides that Never Were Empty Re: [GOMA]Fatman's Rides that Never Were

Post by navycook75 Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:24 pm

Sucks that I'll never see it on the track, looks good though.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

[GOMA]Fatman's Rides that Never Were Empty Re: [GOMA]Fatman's Rides that Never Were

Post by Magus978 Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:46 pm

I do plan on uploading all the end products as .car files for anyone who wants to use them as CPU opponents, so it won't be a total loss Smile
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:48 am

If you consider this a monstrosity, I'd love to see a "good" paint. I like this car a lot.
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:58 pm

All of the Fatman paints are monstrosities. It's a minor miracle that some of them actually do get to see the light of day. Razz

Anyway, here's another of those monstrosities. This would have been my "everywhere else" scheme for Cup.

[GOMA]Fatman's Rides that Never Were Magus978_TRS_207145
Base: RAH
Numbers: Racin Grafix forums
Template: Big Evil Racing
Logos: Brands of the World (some adjustments by me), me (TDR logo)
Unnecessary Whiteness: Yes Razz

KNOWN ISSUES
- I didn't touch up the NAPA logo on the hood. I would have darkened the yellow a bit so that it doesn't blend in on the render with the equally as bright white.

- Driver signatures are a bit too high. Probably lower them before I upload a .car file. Of course, I could just remove it and the numbers so that you can go in and number it yourself for your own use. Razz

- Numbers might be too high or too small, however you look at them. I might fix that, I might not. As it is, I like how they are.

Want it? Get it here!

Last edited by Magus978 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:16 pm; edited 4 times in total
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:59 pm

I love that NAPA scheme.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:06 pm

So THIS is why NAPA left Michael Waltrip Racing! I knew it!

In all seriousness, the scheme looks awesome! Cool
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:07 pm

I'm gonna throw in a Fatman bonus. If GOMA would have ever ran ASA '90, I would have ran this incredibly uncreative paint I made just incase I wanted to do a TMMC one-off. This isn't COMPLETELY finished, as I would still have to finish the stripes all the way down the front. The stripes were actually inspired by a buyable car from the PS2 game Scarface: The World is Yours. I believe it's called the Pumah (that's how it's spelled in the game).

[GOMA]Fatman's Rides that Never Were Magus978_TRS_205943
Base: What base?
Numbers: You know where they're from by now...
Template: Cynon
Logos: Brands of the World (recolored by me)
Unfair Advantage Through Excessive Downforce: Yes Razz

KNOWN ISSUES
- Stripes aren't completely finished. Didn't I just say that?
- Side text seems to get crunched. Not much I can do about that without making it even more unreadable.
- Completely uncreative. Sorry, nothing I can do about that. I clearly failed fingerpainting when I was a kid. Razz

(I should have mentioned: I never got around to putting text signifying that if I won, I'd eat free forever. Take that, Golden Corral. Razz)
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:52 pm

Bumping this because I will be posting links in a few days. Finishing up my move to Staten Island and once I get 100% settled, I'll get back to uploading and these will be my first ones.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:14 am

NAPA scheme is awesome
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:16 pm

After some copy and paste fail, I have put the .tga's of the two Gen6 cars up for download. Look in each individual post for the link.

They're 12 MB each, so set aside some time if you have a slow connection. .car files will also be made with crappy looking pit crews when I have more time. Razz
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down