Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Atkins steps down from ownership of Atlantic

Go down

Atkins steps down from ownership of Atlantic Empty Atkins steps down from ownership of Atlantic

Post by Ben Atkins Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:01 pm

Ben Atkins walked into the press room at Carbondale before the race, with Carla Rosinski and teammate Harriet Wallace for a big announcement, however, it wasn't what people expected.

"I've had one of the most successful owner's careers ever in Dash Cup, winning a championship and en route to another, hopefully, but I'm at the point where in my driving career, things are getting serious. I could be looking at a big break next season, and all of my focus needs to go to that."

However, the merger with Eichholtz didn't mean that 100% of the ownership was going to Patrick; instead, Atkins said that his uncle William was getting more involved with the team, working as a mechanic for the 31 team, but after William got more involved with the administrative side of the team, through Ben, he decided to have him take over.

"Not only is he a great man I can trust, he knows what he is doing" said Ben Atkins "and the rest of the guys trust him too."

This is set to take effect in 2013, which is when William Atkins will take ownership of the 28 and 30 cars.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down