Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something strange in the neighborhood...

5 posters

Go down

Something strange in the neighborhood... Empty Something strange in the neighborhood...

Post by gwoodard41 Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:57 am

Who you gonna call?

Something strange in the neighborhood... TEZXK
Something strange in the neighborhood... SejXO

Unmanned but numbered, the number itself has a meaning with the sponsor. If you can't figure it out, for shame Sad

I realize the numbers could be wider, but whatever. WIP or complete, IDK which yet.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Something strange in the neighborhood... Empty Re: Something strange in the neighborhood...

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:03 am

I'm guessing the 84 means the year the movie was released.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Something strange in the neighborhood... Empty Re: Something strange in the neighborhood...

Post by gwoodard41 Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:15 am

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:I'm guessing the 84 means the year the movie was released.

Yes.

Toyatti has the 84, which makes me sad too, but w/e.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:06 pm

Should've painted it white like the car, but I can't understand with the logo being white.

Woodward are you a God?
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:32 pm

day500champ1 wrote:Should've painted it white like the car, but I can't understand with the logo being white.

Woodard are you a God?

Please, no Gozer jokes.

I like it better this way. White numbers and white logos on a white car = not a good idea.

I made it like the movie poster/video box color scheme.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:39 pm

gwoodard41 wrote:
day500champ1 wrote:Should've painted it white like the car, but I can't understand with the logo being white.

Woodard are you a God?

Please, no Gozer jokes.

"When someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!" Laughing

(Sorry, had to.)
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:39 pm

You're stepping into very dangerous territory, my friend!

Back off man, I'm a scientist. The 80s are mine! Laughing

I actually had tried to make a car that looked like Ecto-1. I put it on a template that was whatever Ecto-1 was called. I think it was a Lincoln. I thought I had the render saved, but it looks like I lost it. Mad

I found it! I posted in December of '08 under the title "2 Halloweens ago":

Something strange in the neighborhood... Ghostbuster_render[/quote]

It has the actual phone # from the movie on the rear with a NY license plate that says "Ecto-1." I wanted it to have a really cool proton pack stream type of look, but I was just learning to paint back then.

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:50 pm

SnakePlissken wrote:You're stepping into very dangerous territory, my friend!

Back off man, I'm a scientist. The 80s are mine! Laughing

I actually had tried to make a car that looked like Ecto-1. I put it on a template that was whatever Ecto-1 was called. I think it was a Lincoln. I thought I had the render saved, but it looks like I lost it. Mad

I found it! I posted in December of '08 under the title "2 Halloweens ago":

Something strange in the neighborhood... Ghostbuster_render

It has the actual phone # from the movie on the rear with a NY license plate that says "Ecto-1." I wanted it to have a really cool proton pack stream type of look, but I was just learning to paint back then.

[/quote]

Hey, if you want to run it as a sponsor for the TMMC, IDK, seeing as I did that car for kicks anyway.

As stated, I tried to copy the movie poster look... the Ecto-1 your car reminds me of the one from the second movie. The first movie lacked the striping along the bottom around the car.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:54 pm

gwoodard41 wrote:Hey, if you want to run it as a sponsor for the TMMC, IDK, seeing as I did that car for kicks anyway.

As stated, I tried to copy the movie poster look... the Ecto-1 your car reminds me of the one from the second movie. The first movie lacked the striping along the bottom around the car.

It'd make a nice Retro80 one off scheme, but something would have to happen to Stringfellow Vincent.

As for my Ecto-1 version, I thought the white looked kind of plain so I tried to dress it up some by using the striping. I think the decklid has a Slimer Hi C juice box on it. I wanted to put "We're ready to believe you" on there too.

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down