Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something hit me...

+4
Blake Camphausen
Mother of Invention
Vincent Giacalone
BWard
8 posters

Go down

Something hit me... Empty Something hit me...

Post by BWard Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:06 am

...Yes, something did. I have some thoughts going on how the NASCAR Season is going so far at the moment. Looking down near the bottom of the current NNS Standings, I discovered something that I think against. Joey Logano, Brad Keselowski, James Buescher and Kurt Busch have won races this Season so far in the Nationwide Series. Because they run full-time in other Series, they are not eligible for points therefore. This is the thing that struck me, which is:

Should NASCAR drivers just run in one Series and not in others? I think this rule should be put in permanent place in NASCAR because it can give other drivers who are eligible for points the chance to win more races and get better results.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Something hit me... Empty Re: Something hit me...

Post by Vincent Giacalone Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:29 am

Of course they should only run one series. It's pretty much unanimous around here (and everywhere) that Cup drivers in lower series are a nuisance and a threat to the quality of said lower series. At least when they run more than a few races.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:00 pm

You guys do realize that a lot of fans go to races to see cup drivers for cheaper prices then a cup race? You'd loose a lot of fans by doing that

Just limit them to maybe 15-20 races in all series and we'll be fine, for added measure, try to schedule tracks that conflict with the cup races.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:12 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:You guys do realize that a lot of fans go to races to see cup drivers for cheaper prices then a cup race? You'd loose a lot of fans by doing that

Just limit them to maybe 15-20 races in all series and we'll be fine, for added measure, try to schedule tracks that conflict with the cup races.
If fans knew the names of Nationwide drivers, they would go to see their favorite Nationwide driver in action. What is a great way for fans to gain knowledge on Nationwide only drivers? Let only Nationwide drivers run in the series.
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Blake Camphausen wrote:
Mother of Invention wrote:You guys do realize that a lot of fans go to races to see cup drivers for cheaper prices then a cup race? You'd loose a lot of fans by doing that

If fans knew the names of Nationwide drivers, they would go to see their favorite Nationwide driver in action. What is a great way for fans to gain knowledge on Nationwide only drivers? Let only Nationwide drivers run in the series.

your forgetting something. a large majority of NASCAR fans are casual's who don't know a Allgaier from a Burton. Rolling Eyes

Though I am thinking about this in a business since more then a racing since.

again, I'd rather see the schedule fixed to where there are barely any companion events like it was 10-15 years ago. That would help cut down on the crossover drivers even more.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:46 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:
Blake Camphausen wrote:

your forgetting something. a large majority of NASCAR fans are casual's who don't know a Allgaier from a Burton. Something hit me... 3137150671

Though I am thinking about this in a business since more then a racing since.

again, I'd rather see the schedule fixed to where there are barely any companion events like it was 10-15 years ago. That would help cut down on the crossover drivers even more.

There was a nearly sold-out crowd at Iowa this year with a grand total of ONE cuppy in the field. Cup drivers don't have as much effect on attendance as you would think.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:22 pm

Well now look. Nationwide race at Road America, top 3 filled by drivers not eligible for points, and Logano takes Sixth win of the season. This is clearly becoming a bit of a problem now.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:26 pm

I don't mind Cup drivers competing part time in the Nationwide series because it gives young drivers like Allgiar, Scott, and Stenhouse the opportunity to race the best stock car drivers in the country. But limit them to part time would be a decent idea.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:27 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:Well now look. Nationwide race at Road America, top 3 filled by drivers not eligible for points, and Logano takes Sixth win of the season. This is clearly becoming a bit of a problem now.

He's not even in the race. Rolling Eyes
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:27 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:Well now look. Nationwide race at Road America, top 3 filled by drivers not eligible for points, and Logano takes Sixth win of the season. This is clearly becoming a bit of a problem now.
Logano isn't EVEN in the race......
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:29 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:
Blake Camphausen wrote:

your forgetting something. a large majority of NASCAR fans are casual's who don't know a Allgaier from a Burton. Rolling Eyes
And If Cup drivers didn't take TV time away from Nationwide only's, they would, which is exactly what I said in my first post. Rolling Eyes
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:38 pm

navycook75 wrote:
Logano isn't EVEN in the race......

Whoops excuse me. I was actually looking at LAST WEEKS RESULTS! Rolling Eyes
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum