Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Infield

Go down

The Infield  Empty The Infield

Post by RACECAR Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:40 am

Welcome to "The Infield", a news page dedicated to CJR and all its racing affiliates. It'll feature interviews with team members, the drivers & even the owner who also happens to be a driver, previews into the upcoming events and study the happenings throughout the VSCC Ladder.

Today, we kick it off with a simple question: What exactly is CJR? Naturally a unknown to the paddock and even more so in the newly founded VSCC ladder, this is a team not many know about. To answer this, we ask the man behind the team itself since day 1, Camyron Jackson.

T.I.: Its an absolute pleasure to have you here. So what got you to start up this team?

Jackson: Well, I started the team up primerily just as a way to guarantee myself a ride when I begin basically racing period.

T.I.: Wow, thats really early. Why did you do it, How did you do it and did you have any help?

Jackson: Stock Car racing has been historically a southern motorsport so naturally, that meant people like me were guaranteed not to get a ride whether I did good or paid well just because of how I looked so I did it as means of knowing I got myself a car to race everyweek and never had to wonder if I was ever going to race. I practically did everything myself except for drive the truck and that was because I couldn't find a truck. So to get to the track, I drove the car itself to the track.

T.I.: How long did all that take you? Sleep must've been hard to get.

Jackson: I could almost say that I barely ever got sleep. I was working most of day doing what usually could be done in an hour or two by five other people and that was just out of some abandoned garage. Once I made it to the track, that was when it really begin to pay off.

T.I.: How did it go from there?

Jackson: It was slow at first, barely finished in the first few races. As I started getting better, I was starting to get wins so my balance was getting bigger. Two championships later, I got to the point where not only could I move on up to another series past the Regional divisions, but I could now actually get better equipment and thankfully the higher you went up, the more people there was to help you so I for the first time now actually had hired help in the form of five guys.

T.I.: How did you end up racing in everything else afterwards?

Jackson: It happened really fast. It started when I found this abandoned GT car at a auction. It was basically just a chassis and engine with no body because it was in a hauler that caught fire from a gas leak. We put a brand new body on it not even knowing how good it would do (since I wasn't that financially well off for a windtunnel) but when we raced it, it was incredible. blew by anything that was racing at the time. From then on for the next few years, we started getting more people to work for us and we were a factory team for a number of makes and dominated alot of the series we were in. Thats when we got access to the really cool equipment and we were able to finally get our own team shop, followed shortly by a R&D center (courtesy of one retired race driver they call "Steel Bill"). And now its a big organization that I'm proud to see daily.

T.I.: That is really incredible progress. So what got you wanting to get your team in to this series?

Jackson: I was up one night and I just in time tuned in to the TM Master Cup Series race, I believe it was the Karjala Grand Prix. I was really blown away by the diversity in the drivers and all the car makes were so completely new to me. I was hooked ever since and earlier this year, I finally decided to put things together hopefully setting my sights on it.

T.I.: How did you decide on the drivers?

Jackson: I was doing a Late model race when I discovered Buetch Mayland and Elena Wagner. We got to talking and next thing you know, we were putting it together for them. Matt Shimoda was shown to me by his team owner. He spoke highly of him and how well he done in Formula races. I organized a test for him, he did some steller laps and the next day, he's on.

T.I.: So finally, what are you hoping for in the team's first season?

Jackson: Overall, I expect us to at least be competitive. A win would be fantastic, but so would qualifying in the races and finishing the races.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

The Infield  Empty Re: The Infield

Post by RACECAR Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:55 pm

Welcome to the 2nd edition of the infield. Today, we have the results from the CJR's first outing as a VERC team, interviews with the drivers and the preview to the next race. Let us begin:

CJR on the right track
In an astonishing start, the Camyron Jackson Racing team achieved spectacular results as all three drivers got a top 10 at Brands Hatch. The leading driver was Elena Wagner who qualifed a valiant 5th and found herself a 2nd place finish. Next driver was Buetch Mayland, qualifying a solid 11th and managed to take 7th and Matt Shimoda, who in his transition from Open wheel racers to full bodied cars qualified a decent 15th and rallied to take 9th. All the drivers shared their enthusiasm for all taking the top 10 their first time out.

Elena Wagner: "It was a great day today, I wasn't expecting to make it up this far. Car got better towards the end of the race, but I had no more laps to catch the leader. I did kind of well for my first Road Course Race. 2nd isn't too bad either, just means a win might be coming for me"

Buetch Mayland: "Well, that went better then I planned[Laughs]. I wish I had Elena's pace, she's far better then on this kind of track. Go some catching up to do, but top 10's not bad and it was actually fun racing around here. Kind of busy but I liked it. Bring on more of these"

Matt Shimoda: "It was way different then what I'm used to. I thought I was gonna crash sometimes because I was so loose[Laughs] Overall, I enjoyed it. Very good start, I feel like if I can be more aggressive, I could win one of these"

The Infield Previews: Mallory Park

Located out in the village near Leicestershire and at a deceptive 1.609 kilometers in length, Mallory Park looks like a simple oval track at first glance. It is however a tricky track that requires patience and finesse. Aggression is not often rewarded here and can lead to dire consequences. The key is consistancy and a cool head, the driver that puts these to good use is guaranteed to not only avoid the trouble, but to take the win as well.

Last edited by RACECAR on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:58 pm

Welcome to the third edition of the Infield. Today, we have possibly the first bad day for the team. We interview the drivers (with much cooler heads), the Team owner's dissapointment in one of his drivers, the teams possible venture into engine building and we preview the next race. Lets begin:

Carnage & Aggression define second outing

Looking at round 1, you would never guess that this weekends race would be the complete opposite of last weeks very impressive run. The trouble began as on the first restart, Mark Nelson got into Elena Wagner and then bumped her off the road a lap later. Then, he would pulled the same aggressive move on Buetch Mayland and took into the pitwall, causing the third caution of the race. The 5th Caution would come out as Matt Shimoda would also pull an aggressive pass, putting Elena and himself into the wall and causing a huge pileup. He would also be the cause of the 7th caution collecting Kristan Jankovic and would finish the day off with a crash into some cars on the front stretch wrecked by one of the most horrific accidents seen this year. After cooling off and once we sat them down, these were their comments:

Elena: "I'm at a loss for words after what happened today. I'm not sure why the 577 car ran into me. I was gonna let him by before he did that. Then Matt does the same thing. I intend on talking to both, especially Matt because thats just so unlike him to drive like that. I'm upset at the result no doubt about it, but I'd like to get past this and focus on the next race and keeping my transfer spot intact. I should've finished worse then I did so there is one positive out of all of it."

Buetch: "I really want to know what was Mark's problem with Elena and me. I had my crew on the radio telling me he was coming and I planned on letting off to let him go by, then he just drills me. I really admire my teammate for not wanting to knock his head off because that was just uncalled for. Guess I should've been more careful with what I wished for last week [laughs]"

Matt: "I don't have much to say, I made alot of bad moves today. I really want to go apoligize to Kristian and my teammate Elena. Kristian has every right to be mad because many drivers drove way over their heads including me. I'm just so dissappointed in myself"

The Team hopes to have better luck at the next round in Spa.

Jackson to get into engine building with new engine shop

Earlier this week, Camyron Jackson announce at the company HQ that the team will be having its own engine shop, simply known as CJR Motors. The team's objective would be to supply engines to various series and teams. We talked with the appointed Manager Joe Hurst "We'll begin supplying engines starting with the VSCC. Once we start putting out good engines and great results, we will then move up to other series, possibly TMMC if we're lucky." he als orevealed that Jackson's visit at the Karjala Grand Prix wasn't just him exchanging kind words with the TMMC paddock. "We wanted guidance to help develop our engine shop and went to the folks at Volpi to for thier help. They've been very good with feedback and guiding us in the right direction and hopefully, it all pays off" The in-house shop is scheduled to be completed this sunday so it won't be long unti lengines begin being built

The Infield Previews: Spa-Francorchamps

Set in the dense Arden Forest of Belgium, Spa is one of the most legendary circuits in Europe. Its layout is a mix of fast corners, twisty bends with very little slow sections. The track calls for smooth driving and in full body Stock cars, one can't get greedy here. There maybe be plenty of runoff but there are also just as many walls should you get completely unlucky.

RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:04 am

Welcome to the fourth edition of the Infield. Today, we have the progress report from the first engine test and we weigh in on the rumored support from a TMMC team. Lets begin:

Firing on all cylenders

As reported last week, CJR now has an in-house engine shop which had been in planning, aquiring and building for the last two years. Sunday marked its official opening as they were able to complete the facility two days ahead of schedule. Monday began the building of the very first engine, a 900HP Turbo charged V8.The engine was completed and has since been put through a series of tests and according to the engineer, it has passed with flying colors. "We've put it through many rigorious tests and we are amazed. There's not many times where the very first engine will immediately come out that resiliant so thats already a positive sign for us". This week, it will now be put through the ultimate test: Its installation inside of a car and many laps. Using a barrowed car, Team Owner Camyron Jackson will put the engine through its most rigorious shakedown yet for three days as he will put it through a hot weather testing on day 1, a 12 hour test on Day 2 and finally a 24 hour test on Day 3. "From all the data I've seen, I have a gut feeling we may already have something potent. Obviously these next three days beginning tuesday will be the ultimate decider in that, but I've got big hopes for it."

Paddock Chatter: Big time support from TMMC?

At first, CJR was a team basically unknown throughout the garage. None of its drivers were familiar nor was the team owner. After the first two races however, the team have made their presence known with one of the drivers in a transfer spot. While this has certainly made them now one of the early championship favorites with the incredible pace shown from all of them, Some of the recent off track activities have gotten some rumors swirling around. The first was when Team Owner Camyron Jackson was seen at the Karjala Grand prix, conversing with the Volpi team and the eventual consulting of the engine shop. Then, prior to announcing his own team, Camyron Jackson actually had a contributing hand in the Howell Brothers Racing team getting sponsorship from Mcdonalds and Delano, a longtime TMMC sponsor for Bolden Speed Stable. A more recent one has been his design and promotional work now for Launch Energy, another big time TMMC Sponsor which supports the Flash Racing team. Currently he is the creative mind behind the upcoming "Charged" and "Heat" Promotions for the new flavors as well as the eventual paint schemes that'll be making an appearance at later TMMC events. These appear to be making both direct and indirect connections with TMMC and with the rumors swirling around, we look at the two teams that perhaps could be potential supporters for CJR:

Flash Racing: While based solely on sponsorship alone, that promotion done for both the brand and the team it sponsors may be a gift for Jackson's team. With the financial crisis currently going on, that little bit of work to extend brand awareness and with it the team's awareness via its racing inspired promotion, could make for good future connections.

Volpi Racing Team: This has as much an equal chance, but mostly for the technical side. CJR already fields Volpis and the engine consulting has clearly seen good results. The Volpi team could also benefit from a promotional stand point thanks to both Jackson's promo work and his stable including what primery sponsor Lynxe usually prefers: a Female driver. While its very too early at the moment to rule out Elena Wagner as the successor to Alexis Rainsford, her outright pace and temperment makes her a very strong candidate to become the next development driver for Volpi.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:50 am

Welcome to the fifth edition of the Infield. Today, we look into both of the series that rose from the RROL and weigh in on the direction they look to be heading and their possible effect on TMMC. Lets begin:

From the Ashes: ASCC

When the announcement of the RROL's buyout by the ASCC was made, it was a tremendious shock to all involved. Shortly after, Some former members of the RROL quickly joined the series that was solely dedicated to bringing back Stock Racing in America. While the series hasn't even gotten going yet, its already generated some interesting buzz. It started with the announcement after the buyout of the RROL. Then the unveiling of its cars as well as its title name: Goodyear Presents the ASCC Wrangler Cup Series. It was this announcement that established the ASCC was not going to be merely a Development latter. If anything, it seems designed to take on the TMMC. And now, it has been gaining strength by the defection of several former TMMC teams, who appear fed up with the international flare and the moving away from the traditional American Stock Car racing. With all the headlines being made, the ASCC has made its intent known and if the rate of teams coming to it keeps up (including the rumors of the Saar team), the ASCC could be the first true threat to the TMMC. The season may not have even started, but the engine is already fired up and as soon as the green flag falls in 2012, the race is on.

From the Ashes: VSCC

Not too long after the buyout announcement, Former Formula A Team Manager Mark Vaughn contacted the former RROL Owner Robert Clarke to form the VSCC. From there, the key people including Thomas Clarke, John Nernon and Larry Chambers were all hired to their original positions they had at RROL. Unlike the ASCC, the VSCC would continue the International Stock Car racing route seen in other series. It also had added to it a relegation system that worked with two Lower tier series: The VART (Vaughn American Racing Tour) and the VERC (Vaughn European Racing Challenge). The Lowest performing teams would be demoted to either the VART or VERC while the top performing teams in the lower tiers would be promoted to the VSCC. So with some of the more reliable people at the helm of this series as well as its interesting system, the VSCC continues the great developmental roll the RROL once was doing. Down the road, it could be amoung one of the best development latters to the TMMC.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:57 pm

Welcome to the sixth edition of the Infield. Today, we talk to own Camyron Jackson About his recent marketing spree, his hopes and goals for this weekends race and address the rumors of a TMMC sponsor interested not just in his marketing skills, but also in getting on his team. Lets begin:

Behind the doors: Camyron Jackson

High Speed Marketing

TI: You've been on quite the marketing streak as of late. Explain how you got into it so suddenly

Jackson: Well I kinda unknowningly went into it as I was helping out the Howell Brothers. I was trying to put together a package that would work for the team and unexpectidly, it actually ended up working off the track as well.

TI: You first started with the Delano Cola company. How did you come up with the new design and their now big parnership with Mcdonalds?

Jackson: Again, that was a positive end result of the on-track sponsorship deal. I was able to get the two to talk to each other about the deal and while I saw it worked, little did I know that Mcdonalds found a perfect replacement partner after leaving the other big Cola company. Now theirs alot of promos at various Mcdonalds restraunts across the US and eventually around the world.

TI: Seems like a huge success. Now how about the Launch Marketing you've been doing as of late? What contributed to you doing their marketing?

Jackson: When you look at most series now, theirs a giant presence from Energy Drinks. I was surprised not to see this with Launch and it seems relatively small and somewhat unnoticed in comparison so I approached the people there with the intention of really turning it into something big

TI: Interestingly, you've actually been involved in their making of the new flavors as well as putting together the ads. How did that come about?

Jackson: Well, I visiting one of their production places when they introduced me to the line. I then said "Have you guys ever considered adding some flavors with some bite to them?" and they liked the idea. We immediately starting tossing ideas for them and what they would have.

TI: Did you become their taster or something to that extent?

Jackson: Thats pretty much what I became. Sometimes the drink had alittle less then what I was loking for and sometimes it had more bite then intended[laugh].

TI: Can you explain what the flavors are?

Jackson: Sure. The Charged flavors are sort of like carbonated beverages, but without the bubbles and the fizz. The Heat Flavors are what I like to think of as Big red in a refreshing drink.

TI: So when can we exact the store ads and new paint schemes?

Jackson: The Store ads are already popping up at gas stations and grocery stores now. We'll see the paint schemes at the next race in Michigan beginning with the Charged ones. Both they at the Heat will be sharing the final six and splitting three apiece.

Looking At The Race

TI: This is obviously a huge weekend for your team, its Spa. What are your expectations?

Jackson: I realistically feel like this is a top 5 weekend. Top 10 would be just fine too, but this track feels like a track my tema can take advantage of.

TI: How about your drivers: how do you see this working out for Elena?

Jackson: This is her kind of track. Its winding and sweeping and she has a driving style that works well with it.

TI: How about Buetch?

Jackson: He's really smooth so I think he'll feel right at home here.

TI: and finally, what about Matt?

Jackson: This will be the first time he's been on a track of this size so its kind of foggy to see how he does.

Rumor control: possible sponsor from TMMC coming to CJR

TI:There's some talk of a major team sponsor in the TMMC interested in joining you. Can you confirm that?

Jackson: We're talking to one indeed

TI: Exactly how did they come in contact with you?

Jackson: I've met one of their representatives at a race in europe this week, they approached me and we've been talking ever since.

TI: Are you able to say who it is yet?

Jackson: I can't say anything right now at the moment, we're just discussing things.

TI: Well, will you be able to announce it anytime soon?

Jackson: I will as soon as I'm able to

TI: and one final question: "ARLA Racer 2012" came out, you are a huge fan of racing games. How does this stack up for you?

Jackson: If I'm honest, its the worst. The physics are just off, I'm entering corners at unrealistic speeds and the handling is very bad. I'm not sure how the ARLA officials could even get lend a bad developer like that the license.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:28 pm

Welcome to the Seventh edition of the Infield. Today, we reflect on another sour weekend for CJR. We then look into The team's Surprise entry into the ARLA series as well as future plans, the announcement of the TMMC Sponsor thats been long kept secret and we preview the next race. Lets begin:

Chaos the big factor in third race

After two polor opposite races, the team looked to have a much better run as well as secure the top 5 transfer spot for one of its drivers. Only one of these goals would come to fruition. The Team had a 2nd bad weekend in a row with Matt once again involved in over aggressive driving that involved his teammate Elena Wagner while Buetch once again was a victim of other driver's errors.

Elena: "I'm not sure what to question more, the schedule itself having tracks too risky for rookies or the drivers themselves going way over there heads. This should really be addressed because there hasn't really been good racing since Brands Hatch."

Buetch: "What is wrong with these guys? Its like they can't tell their head from their ass. There's brakes on the car, people need to use them"

Shimoda: *Could Not be Reached for Comment*

Noticibly, we couldn't get Matt for an interview and from what we hear, it probably has to do with the very stern tongue lashing he got from Camyron Jackson. On a lighter note, Elena was able to secure 5th in the transfer spot and now has been promoted to the VSCC. "I'm very happy at that outcome. Its really lucky as the past two races have just not been kind to any of us. I look forward to seeing what I can do in VSCC" Even in his dissapointment, Jackson found something to crack a smile over with Elena's Promotion. "I'm really glad for her, she's really deserved it with all the work she's put into it. We'll be missing one of our two lead drivers, but it'll be for a good reason." The team now prepares for its first VSCC race, which is luckily on the same weekend and at the same track as the next VERC race at Eurospeedway. The Team hopes to have some good data transfer between their drivers.

Jackson Racing announces surprise ARLA Entry
Out of Nowhere, it was revealed that Camyron Jackson Racing was going to be fielding a One-Off entry in the ARLA Elite Series Race at Rockford. The deal is a Joint venture between Camyron Jackson and Young Upcoming star Tom Leight, effectively called "Jackson Leight Racing". This Collaboration consists of Sprt's Star driver As a Test driver for CJR Motor's First Engine in Competition as well as sponsorship for the car while Camyron's team Provies the engine from their Engine SHop as well as provides their car and Team. "I'm excited to be onboard for a race" Said Tom "Not only do I have a ride, but I get my first try at these kind of cars. It'll be completely something different for sure and I can't wait" When asked why this driver was Chosen, Camyron answers that Tom was exactly a driver he was looking for. "Many people only see his championships, but Tom is a intelligent guy when it comes to chassis development and he's one of Sprt's main test drivers for their products. It only made sense to get someone of his knowledge for this project and I feel he'll contribute greatly to this team and eventually to our other drivers" Interesting enough, this is also the first race for the product Sprt Ultra, the company's first Bio degradible oil. When asked if their would be anymore of these, Jackson nodded. "This is the first of many races for us. The kind of car we are using is practically the same as what ARLA is using as well as the TM Lights and TM Maste Cup Series before they move over to new cars. We want to try utilizing all those series while we can to develop our cars and engines and by exposing ourselves to these, we are also getting a small look into the series we plan on fully entering in the future"

New Sponsor for CJR revealed
After weeks of speculation, the mysterious TMMC Sponsor Jackson had been talking to has now been revealed. Lynxe will be the newest sponsor as indicated by their introductory Associate role for the ARLA One-off entry. They will sponsor Elena Wagner in the 2012 season of VSCC along with a few of her one-Off rides in various series.

The Infield Previews: EuroSpeedway

Preview coming soon
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:17 am

CJR to concentrate on VERC after rejected ARLA entry.

After a huge rejection from the ARLA Rockford race, Camyron Jackson announces that the team will not pursue any further one-offs and instead concentrate on the VSCC. The owner was clearly furious at the end result but kept composure when interviewed "Words do not begin to describe my dissapointment with all the amount of money we put into that race and driver only to see it wasted. Even with a Sponsor that doesn't violate the current supplier, we were still rejected. Worse is we were never told why and quite frankly, I'm not even sure they ever will tell me why" When asked about any future one-offs, Camyron was quick to write off any other one-off races, seemingly convinced that the same was bound to happen again. "If we were rejected from one race, who's to say we won't be rejected from any future ones? I'd have to really be stupid to waste anymore funds and investment in a race my team will be rejected from. At this point, we have enough problems with our current teams trying to finish decent without screwing up or being wrecked so its worthless" Jackson did have a few choice words for the ARLA officials but due to the immense vulgarity contained, they have been excluded from his interview.

RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum