Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Karjala Pre-Race Thread

+14
Ben Atkins
Racerfan275
RyanB06
SnakePlissken
Syzygy
Magus978
PackerMan71
tommykl
BBoy
bsoyuz
navycook75
zfitzwater599
BWard
PYLrulz
18 posters

Go down

Karjala Pre-Race Thread Empty Karjala Pre-Race Thread

Post by Cynon Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:13 am

Qualifying procedure:

- The first qualifying session will lock the fastest 10 cars into the field and set the front row.
- The second qualifying session will lock the fastest 10 cars into the field that are not already in the field.
- The third qualifying session will lock the fastest 10 cars into the field that are not already in the field.
- The fourth qualifying session will lock the the fastest 16 cars into the field that are not already in the field.

- The final qualifying session will set the starting order.

Cool

-----

Qualifying, Round 1

-----

Row 1
#04 David Krikorian (USA)
#117 Antero Virtanen (FIN)

#770 Miko Rantanen (FIN)
#4 Leonid Roderick (USA)
#118 Matti Alanko (FIN)
#7 Adrien Devereux (FRA)
#236 Markus Teravainen (FIN)
#44 Alvar Setterberg (SWE)
#18 Packer Carroll (USA)
#13 Scott Steudler (USA)

-----

Qualifying, Round 2

-----

#3 Alessandro Rossini (ITA)
#8 Kevin Dwyer (USA)
#55 Zelda Ashby (JPN)
#9 Arto Kekkonen (FIN)
#93 Ingrid Haddeland (NOR)
#119 Juho Kivela (FIN)
#319 Jaakko Suominen (FIN)
#335 Kristoffer Laaksonen (FIN)
#46 Frank Azure (USA)
#5 Luciano Soveral (BRA)

-----

Qualifying, Round 3

-----

#2 Mélanie Clévenot (SUI)
#88 Scott Bates (USA)
#79 Archer Harris (USA)
#777 Ian Cooper (USA)
#15 Yevgeny Kuznetsov (RUS)
#60 Gaspar de Sousa (POR)
#272 Cliff Raymond (USA)
#10 Yuliya Nosova (RUS)
#16 Kurt Plissken (USA)
#74 Axel Andersson (SWE)

Last edited by Cynon on Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:11 am; edited 3 times in total

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Karjala Pre-Race Thread Empty Re: Karjala Pre-Race Thread

Post by PYLrulz Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:34 am

Steudler squeaks into Top 10 at Karjala

After what Scott Steudler admitted was some major mental fatigue after the events of the past couple of weeks, which included his uncle Marty Steudler suffering a severe crash in testing for Karjala that had him on life support, Scott came up with a lap that just put him in the top 10, knocking out Alexis Rainsford, and qualifying for the Karjala Grand Prix.

When asked for comments post qualifying, Scott would not say much, other than he was proud of the effort that ALERT put into the car to ensure he would make his first Karjala Grand Prix in 3 years.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zfitzwater599 Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:52 am

I'm shocked that Matias Taube didn't make it into the Top 10 in Qualifying

Last edited by zfitzwater599 on Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Screwed up a post from yesterday)
zfitzwater599
zfitzwater599
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:37 am

zfitzwater599 wrote:The Aussie Drivers who are entered in the race has been given tips around Karjala Raceway from fellow Road Course Ace and fellow Aussie Racer Zachary Fitzwater. Fitzwater, who finished 10th in the non canon race at the same track last week, has giving all Aussie Drivers advice and might pay off for the Big Race itself

"Non-canon" means that the event (the race, in this example) literally does not exist in the TM universe, or canon, meaning that it wouldn't be mentioned in a press conference about the Karjala GP.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:04 pm

Plissken "Astounded" at Karjala

In 2013 Kurt Plissken began the Karjala Grand Prix on the outside of row one. After the first round of qualifying, Plissken's name wasn't even in the discussion.
  "I'm astounded," stated a puzzled Plissken. "Last year we blew the doors off the competition until our unfortunate... mishap... and we miss the first 5 rows this year?!"
  PSI owner William Power added, "We came here with the same setup, car-- everything-- after pretty much dominating the race for a good portion. And I'll be honest, I'm surprised... shocked actually... that both our cars weren't in the top 10 on the first day."
  Does Power and PSI suspect shenanigans?  
  "I wouldn't go that far, but after Tom More failed a post-qualifying weight check last year and had to forfeit his top 10 spot, anything is possible," Power stated.

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zfitzwater599 Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:39 pm

[quote="Ben Atkins"]
zfitzwater599 wrote:The Aussie Drivers who are entered in the race has been given tips around Karjala Raceway from fellow Road Course Ace and fellow Aussie Racer Zachary Fitzwater. Fitzwater, who finished 10th in the non canon race at the same track last week, has giving all Aussie Drivers advice and might pay off for the Big Race itself

"Non-canon" means that the event (the race, in this example) literally does not exist in the TM universe, or canon, meaning that it wouldn't be mentioned in a press conference about the Karjala GP.[/quote/} I screwed it up Ben please forgive me
zfitzwater599
zfitzwater599
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:42 pm

zfitzwater599 wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:

"Non-canon" means that the event (the race, in this example) literally does not exist in the TM universe, or canon, meaning that it wouldn't be mentioned in a press conference about the Karjala GP.[/quote/} I screwed it up Ben please forgive me

You haven't don't anything wrong, Ben was just correcting you on the difference between Canon and Non-Canon Series so it's fine. Smile
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by zfitzwater599 Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:56 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:
zfitzwater599 wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:

You haven't don't anything wrong, Ben was just correcting you on the difference between Canon and Non-Canon Series so it's fine. Smile
Thanks Barney I'm going to be careful what I post next time on this forum I'm just too excited for the Special Event races.
zfitzwater599
zfitzwater599
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:21 pm

I don't suppose we can get some of the lap times to compare with last year's qualifying runs could we?!

I'd be interested in taking a gander at them! Very Happy Wink

For instance:

2013 Row 1

#82 Lev Azarov (RUS), 1:33.822
#16 Kurt Plissken (USA), 1:34.244

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:39 am

There may be some newer members who might not have seen this older vid from 2010:

I'm pleading that we get more vids like the above in the future because we need more Alan Foster! Laughing Wink

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:54 am

SnakePlissken wrote:There may be some newer members who might not have seen this older vid from 2010:

I'm pleading that we get more vids like the above in the future because we need more Alan Foster! Laughing Wink
You know speaking of which, I watched the Nosova Karjala video from 2007 about a few weeks ago. I'd actually like to see something like that happen again too.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:16 am

Again, for newer members wondering what we're talking about or older members needing a refresher:

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:22 am

SnakePlissken wrote:Again, for newer members wondering what we're talking about or older members needing a refresher:

Actually, is this one:

This is the first race after Steve Marshall was the Mentos at Coca-Cola
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:00 am

In 2007 Nosova's new track record at the time was:

1:45.477

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BBoy Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:28 pm

SnakePlissken wrote:In 2007 Nosova's new track record at the time was:

1:45.477

Are you sure that the cars haven't been loaded up with rocket fuel? Laughing
BBoy
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by tommykl Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:34 pm

Thomas De Bock to make late entry in Karjala
The Dash Cup driver has purchased a Tonare chassis and entered the Finnish TMMC race at the last minute.

27-year-old Belgian driver Thomas De Bock, currently driving for Simonet in the Dash Cup Series, has announced his purchase of a Tonare TM Master Cup chassis and his private entry into the Karjala Grand Prix in an unsponsored car, using the number 186.

Subscribe to our online service to read more for only £200 per article!
tommykl
tommykl
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:33 am

This picture of Kurt Plissken was snapped in the garage after round 2 of qualifying had been completed:

Karjala Pre-Race Thread 5bwp6e

Plissken failed to time his way into the field and has only 2 opportunities left in which to do so. From the look on his face after seeing his lap times, I'd hate to be a member of the team if he doesn't make this race!

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:05 am

SnakePlissken wrote:This picture of Kurt Plissken was snapped in the garage after round 2 of qualifying had been completed:

Plissken failed to time his way into the field and has only 2 opportunities left in which to do so. From the look on his face after seeing his lap times, I'd hate to be a member of the team if he doesn't make this race!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:28 pm

SnakePlissken wrote:This picture of Kurt Plissken was snapped in the garage after round 2 of qualifying had been completed:

Yeah, because they all die.
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:11 am

They live! Plissken is in!

Entire PSI Resources Turns Attention to Woodard Qualifying

PSI Crew Chiefs Pondering Yamino Tenchi's Sweden Pit Strategy for Karjala

Say what you want but Kurt Plissken's steely glare has yielded results and has put the #16 team into the field. A photo that circulated showed Plissken's... disappointment... with his qualifying times. Plissken will start the day in 29th position as opposed to second in 2013.
  "I don't know which is worse-- when Kurt goes ballistic or when Kurt gets even quieter," posited long time crew chief Harold Helman.

In other news, PSI owner William Power has made available the the entire resources he has to help get Greg Woodard into the field.

"We have everyone across all the series that we are involved in trying to make sure Greg makes the feature," said Power. "We have 2 cars currently in the top 10 in points and we intend to keep both of them there. This is a double points race and we have to have both cars in and we're going to do whatever it takes to make sure we stay in contention."

To that point, PSI has been intently studying the recent Yamino Tenchi win in Sweden won with a peculiar pit strategy.

"They pulled off something remarkable there and we're interested in learning how they did it," Helman commented. "We came here thinking we'd cake walk based on what we did last year. We learned a valuable lesson in not taking anything for granted-- that's why Kurt was so annoyed with us. That said, if we'd started up front again like last year, we may have thought about this race differently. Since Kurt, and hopefully Greg too, will be starting in the back, it makes sense to see if we can pull off a Yamino Tenchi type pit miracle. We're going over the tape with a fine toothed comb. We'll see if we can't cook up a little surprise of our own! "

Last edited by SnakePlissken on Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:15 am

Sickly Delgado Not Close, Does Not Intend on Competing in Final Qualifying Session

The DeGarmo-Delgado entries continue to be too far off the pace to make the Karjala Grand Prix, and now the co-owner of the team wants to withdraw from the final round of qualifying due to a stomach bug. Tom Delgado once again failed to time his way in, and made no secret of the fact that he has become ill during his time in Finland.

"I contracted a stomach bug a few days ago after a dinner that had gone terribly wrong. I had my doubts about that restaurant, but stupid me decided to eat anyway since it was the only one open. Maybe I should have just gone hungry for the night. I've been spending the past few days in bed, and today I spent the entire time before the session in the bathroom throwing up. It's not a pretty picture. I actually requested to withdraw before the session so I could fly home and go to my doctor about this, but the officials rejected my request." Delgado said of his ordeal the past few days.

It was at that time that the interview was cut short as Delgado ran to the nearest porta-potty. Needless to say, the bug was at it again.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:09 am

Henton Bumps Taube With Minutes Left in Qualifying

In the dying minutes of round 4 of qualifying for the Karjala Grand Prix, it looked clear that at least one former Karjala winner would be headed home. It looked like Divina Henton would have to face the embarrassment of winning Karjala and then failing to qualify the next year. Former winner Mathias Taube's Wernstrom was on the bubble, and Taube was trying to pull himself off of the bubble and go faster. With under 5 minutes to go, Rachel Rainsford pushed Taube out of the field, but Taube, who was following Rainsford, immediately bumped himself back in.

With just over a minute remaining on the clock, Divina Henton went from being two spots away from missing the race she won last year to barely pushing Taube out of the field. While Henton became the 46th and last car to make it into the Karjala Grand Prix, her starting position has yet to be determined. A stunned Taube refused to comment, while Henton was in disbelief at the effort it took.

"What a difference a year makes." Henton said after climbing out of her #11 Lynxe car.
"I never expected it to be this hard this year... we're down on power in the straights..."

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:26 pm

Azure finally qualifies for Karjala Grand Prix in his third attempt

After a disgraceful performance at Sweden, Frank Azure hopes for qualifying, as well as his chances at winning the Independent's Trophy were non-existent.  However, he exceeded his own expectations when in second round qualifying, the 53 year old and the number 46 FAC Motorsports team qualified for their first Karjala Grand Prix after failing to make the event the previous two years, as well as giving a shot in the arm to his Independent's Trophy efforts.  The entire team was screaming in celebration after finding out they made the race in what could be Azure's final attempt at the legendary race.

"Are you fucking kidding me?  We actually did it?  I can't even believe it right.  In my 34 year career I thought I'd be starting the Karjala Grand Prix, let alone doing it as a driver/owner.  The last two weeks for me have been rough with the horrible run at Sweden and getting wrecked from the lead in the Austin FARC race, this more than makes up for the shit I've been through the last few weeks.  I can't thank these guys enough for the work they put in to get us in the race.  We're now gonna get the car ready for race day and improve our Independent's Trophy chances."

New rules this season state that special events now count towards the Independent's Trophy.  After finishing 41st at Sweden, Azure ranks sixth in the IT standings, the worst of the two start teams.  At the end of the season, that result will be wiped if Azure finishes higher than 41st, thus improving his chances.  After three rounds of qualifying, the only other IT team to qualify for the race was Archer Harris in the Clason Enterprises 79 car.
racingfreak1999
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygy Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:30 am

SnakePlissken wrote:I don't suppose we can get some of the lap times to compare with last year's qualifying runs could we?!

I'd be interested in taking a gander at them! Very Happy Wink

For instance:

2013 Row 1

#82 Lev Azarov (RUS), 1:33.822
#16 Kurt Plissken (USA), 1:34.244

I don't remember the exact speeds, but the pole time was in the 1:37.XXX's this time around.

iRacing Poles: 3
iRacing Championships: 1
I eat the weeb pizza.
Syzygy
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:46 am

Wow! Thanks BT!

I'm really surprised to see the times are nearly 4 seconds slower!

I wonder if the weather changed drastically from last year or the track got resurfaced or something to cause the difference this go around.

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:31 am

Weather change. Qualifying was 40 degrees warmer than previous years.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:48 pm

2014 TM Master Cup Series, Non-Championship: Karjala Consolation Race:

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:42 pm

(Just asking this out of plain curiosity, what were the results for Round 4 of qualifying? Hadn't seen them and..figured I'd just ask)

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:55 pm

Racerfan275 wrote:(Just asking this out of plain curiosity, what were the results for Round 4 of qualifying? Hadn't seen them and..figured I'd just ask)

You'll have to watch the main race video to find out if your car wasn't in this race or mentioned in it.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:06 pm

RyanB06 wrote:
Racerfan275 wrote:(Just asking this out of plain curiosity, what were the results for Round 4 of qualifying? Hadn't seen them and..figured I'd just ask)

You'll have to watch the main race video to find out if your car wasn't in this race or mentioned in it.

Please don't scare me like that, Ryan... Razz
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:17 pm

RyanB06 wrote:

Since I didn't see my driver in the consolation race..don't think I did at least. I'm going to assume he made it in xD

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:45 pm

Racerfan275 wrote:
RyanB06 wrote:

Since I didn't see my driver in the consolation race..don't think I did at least. I'm going to assume he made it in xD
Not every car that missed the race made the consolation race.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:11 am

Ben Atkins wrote:
Racerfan275 wrote:
RyanB06 wrote:

46 cars start the Karjala Grand Prix. Two of the cars that made the field didn't even run in round 1 or round 2 of qualifying.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:40 pm

Cynon wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:
Racerfan275 wrote:
RyanB06 wrote:

46 cars start the Karjala Grand Prix. Two of the cars that made the field didn't even run in round 1 or round 2 of qualifying.

46 starters? Is NR2003 capable of that? Or is there something I'm missing...
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:49 pm

kensethfan wrote:
Cynon wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:
Racerfan275 wrote:
RyanB06 wrote:

There is an exploit with the registry (if that's correct) that allows 46 AI cars.
racingfreak1999
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:36 pm

racingfreak1999 wrote:
kensethfan wrote:
Cynon wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:
Racerfan275 wrote:
RyanB06 wrote:

There is an exploit with the registry (if that's correct) that allows 46 AI cars.

How does that work? I don't mean to derail the thread too much, but this is news to me...
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:36 pm

kensethfan wrote:
racingfreak1999 wrote:
kensethfan wrote:
Cynon wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:
Racerfan275 wrote:
RyanB06 wrote:

How does that work? I don't mean to derail the thread too much, but this is news to me...

Guessing changes to the track for more stalls. BurningThunder is also doing this for the PCC Cup Series Mansfield race.
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down