Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decatur Pre-Race Thread

+6
gone-sovereign
Electric Wolf
gwoodard41
RocketKnight
Veni Vidi Voeckler
Cynon
10 posters

Go down

Decatur Pre-Race Thread Empty Decatur Pre-Race Thread

Post by Cynon Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:56 am

Qualifying procedure:

- The first qualifying session will lock the top 10 on the starting grid.
- The second qualifying session will lock positions 11-30 in (so 20 cars) of the starting grid.
- The third qualifying session will set the final 12 spots on the grid.

Cool

-----

Qualifying, Round 1

-----

Row 1
#228 Benoit Voeckler (FRA)
#1 Adrien Devereux (FRA)

Row 2
#307 Radomir Stanoytchev (BUL)
#3 Luciano Soveral (BRA)

Row 3
#88 Scott Bates (USA)
#81 Danny Savin (USA)

Row 4
#55 Zelda Ashby (JPN)
#22 Peter Short (ENG)

Row 5
#24 Brandon Lareau (USA)
#4 Leonid Roderick (USA)

Gap from Roderick to 11th place Taube: .066s

-----

Qualifying, Round 2

-----

Row 6
#8 Yevgeny Kuznetsov (RUS)
#777 Ian Cooper (USA)

Row 7
#12 Mélanie Clévenot (SUI)
#27 Alexis Rainsford (USA)

Row 8
#2 Packer Carroll (USA)
#17 Louis Kingston (USA)

Row 9
#158 Avery Holtzmann (ENG)
#14 Rachel Rainsford (USA)

Row 10
#9 Arto Kekkonen (FIN)
#142 Erik Draachreider (DEU)

Row 11
#66 David Krikorian (USA)
#343 Morgan Le Fay (ENG)

Row 12
#5 Michael Sykes (WAL)
#82 Lev Azarov (RUS)

Row 13
#00 Gaspar de Sousa (POR)
#80 Leonid Chernov (RUS)

Row 14
#227 Giovanni Roda (ITA)
#25 Yamino Tenchi (JPN)

Row 15
#0 José Luis Martinez (MEX)
#224 Wyatt Castle (USA)

Gap from Castle to 21st placed Simonov: .031

-----

Qualifying, Round 3

-----

Row 16
#10 Mathias Taube (SWE)
#16 Kurt Plissken (USA)

Row 17
#6 Chris Davenport (USA)
#37 Tom Delgado (USA)

Row 18
#72 Kevin Dwyer (USA)
#41 Greg Woodard (USA)

Row 19
#11 Divina Henton (ENG)
#116 Kerry Ians (NIR)

Row 20
#19 Azuma Kazeyama (JPN)
#18 Troy Adams (AUS)

Row 21
#42 Alessandro Rossini (ITA)
#770 Miko Rantanen (FIN)

Last edited by Cynon on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:38 pm; edited 4 times in total

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Decatur Pre-Race Thread Empty Re: Decatur Pre-Race Thread

Post by Veni Vidi Voeckler Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:59 pm

The entire Scuderia Alitalia crew wrote:CHE COSA???????????????? PRIMA POSIZIONE?????? MAMMA MIA!!!!!!
Veni Vidi Voeckler
Veni Vidi Voeckler
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketKnight Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:39 pm

Cynon wrote:
Row 1
#1 Adrien Devereux (FRA)

WHAT.
Decatur Pre-Race Thread D88_zps5c0463ce
RocketKnight
RocketKnight
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/BlueThunderfanracing

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:59 pm

*Looks at time chart*

Shocked 

gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:49 pm

Spoilered so I don't kill the page:
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:38 pm

BlueThunderfan wrote:
Cynon wrote:
Row 1
#1 Adrien Devereux (FRA)

WHAT.
Decatur Pre-Race Thread D88_zps5c0463ce

Best reaction out of everyone so far.  Laughing 
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:37 am

PSI Still Expects To Grid All 3 Cars @ Decatur

Although none of the PSI cars made it into the field for the first round of qualifying, PSI owner William Power fully expects to get all three of his cars into the grid.
  "We've performed well at all of the road course venues this season," Power stated. "We've been taken out a bunch because of some shenanigans here and there, but by and large, I've been happy with our performances. This is Greg Woodard's home track and he finished 19th last year. Kurt Plissken didn't make the field last year, but he won at Sweden this season and should have run away with the Karjala GP too. Jinx Rodriguez should be excellent here too-- he almost always makes the field for these types of races."
  When asked about not getting a car into the top 10, Power responded, "I'm a little concerned, but this is such a huge event with a gigantic entry list. Some teams do nothing all year but prepare for this special event race. That puts a small team like PSI at a bit of a competitive disadvantage in some respects. I believe we really need to grid ourselves somewhere in the top 12 rows to realistically have a chance to compete for the win though. Below row 12, and it'll probably be a long day for most teams out there. You have to catch some breaks out there as well. Right now, I'm just concerned with making it in though, what we do once we're in is entirely up to us."

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Veni Vidi Voeckler Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:02 am

Alitalia slams PSI 'disrespectful' comments

Scuderia Alitalia team principal Alessandro Linari has reacted angrily to recent comments by William Power in the media, after the PSI team owner accused some teams of "doing nothing all year" in the lead up to the Decatur event.

"It's disrespectful to all the part-timers who are scraping together what they can to be in TMMC," said Linari. "I am begging the series rights holder for a permanent entry, but we simply can't get one. We also lobbied the Dash Cup for a European entry, but the request fell on deaf ears."

"This is our third appearance this season, and we have been busy with other things like Formula A and RTSS. Because we only get entries to the special events, TMMC is pretty low on our priority list. This doesn't affect the quality of the entry though, the guys back in Parma are the best at what they do. The Lycoias we were able to get our hands on were in a right state, but we fixed them up nicely."

Decatur has been the high point of Scuderia Alitalia's brief foray into TM Master Cup, having taken pole position with 18 year old rookie Benoit Voeckler.

"Benoit finally showed what he can do when there is some consistency to his appearances," said Linari. "He has spent the last few years constantly switching from series to series, and it hasn't helped his form too much. Now he's settled into TMMC, thanks also to the appearances for Tutino, he's shown what he is really capable of."

"It's a real shame for us we're losing him to Katzev next season, but he deserves a full-time ride in this series. They will probably appreciate his sponsorship packet too!!!"
Veni Vidi Voeckler
Veni Vidi Voeckler
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:42 pm

Rainsford: "Too Many Idiots" at Decatur

Despite placing her Gessler solidly into the field, two-time TM Master Cup champion Alexis Rainsford was not pleased with the traffic situation.

"You have no idea how happy I am that we're in the race now. It's like a minefield out there, there's way too many idiots and you have no idea where they're going... ARLA would be embarrassed by some of these guys." Rainsford did not explicitly name any drivers, but she was warned twice for aggressive driving for shoving Tom Moore and Erik Draachreider off the track.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:22 pm

Delgado Gives Himself "Zero Chance" of Making Decatur Field After 2nd Round Qualifying

A visibly tired Tom Delgado slowly climbed out of his #37 Miller Lite Lenard after failing to make the Decatur field in 2nd round qualifying. He spoke very little (for his standards anyway) to reporters afterwards, but made a very surprising statement.

"I'm so tired physically and mentally. When you're tired, you don't do your best. I'm not at my best, and I give myself zero chance of making this field" Delgado said of his hopes in 3rd round qualifying. "It's been a very long year of ASCC competition, and I'm exhausted from that. I think it's time for me to face up to the reality that I'm not as young as I used to be and I can't be running hard for an entire year anymore." The four-division race winner added, seemingly resigned to his fate and potentially looking forward to a rumored vacation in Puerto Rico that he and his wife, ARLA driver Ashley Tucker, will be taking in the winter.

Delgado finished 3rd in ASCC points in 2013, scoring one win. He also scored a win in Dash Cup's New York GP, making him the only driver in history to win points paying races in four major divisions.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:58 pm

Plissken Unusually Vocal @ Decatur

Kurt Plissken is pissed off. And he's letting everyone know it too. "This is such bull$&!#. Our whole team can't miss this race. We need to step it up or make some wholesale changes 'cause this can't keep happening!" Plissken scowled.

"We've only got 12 spots available to cash in on this opportunity. I'm sick to death of missing this race. We only get so many chances and we're squandering 'em all. Everyone-- our crews, drivers-- all us mother f*@&%$--  better pick it up and get our asses into that field. I'm serving notice. There's no excuse for this type of $&!#."

After that, Plissken went on a short expletive laden tirade, then threw his helmet into the door of his car and stormed away angrily.

Maybe his antics with spur the PSI team and light a fire under them.

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:17 pm

Richter Has Predicament if Taube DNQs

Carl Richter is in between a proverbial rock and a hard place. With title contender Mathias Taube currently not in the field for the Round of Decatur, but with both his teammates currently in, there is a very real possibility one of them would need to forefit their place for Taube if the need arises. Richter clarified after second round qualifying that his deal with Alexis Rainsford precludes him from swapping Rainsford out of the field unless Rainsford herself agrees to it.

"Rainsford's deal involves other people outside our team, it's harder to get them to agree to move her out of the race. At the same time, she understands our business priorities. She's part of our organization next year in Champ Car." Richter said.
"But right now we might have to move Arto [Kekkonen] out for Mathias [Taube] if we have to. It's definitely not an ideal situation but I think we can get Mathias into the race. We've given the situation the right amount of thought."

Mathias Taube could not be reached for comment, reports that the Swede had berated some of mechanics does not inspire confidence among paddock observers.

"I don't think [Mathias] Taube and Alexis [Rainsford] are getting along. I think Taube doesn't like having Rainsford as a wingman because she will play mind games with the opposition as opposed to playing the role of an enforcer." Channel 44 commentator Lance Andrews stated during final practice before the third and final round of qualifying.
"Taube really wants a Louis Kingston, Packer Carroll type of teammate, a guy who will run everyone and their dog off the road to get their way and then make an excuse later."

Andrews suggested that Rainsford's actions in the second round of qualifying and in the press indicate that her prowess at pulling mind games on the competition may be greater than ever.

"Rainsford ran Moore and Draachreider off, but she isn't picking on them in particular. I doubt she even knows Draachreider by name, but she's in his head now, and the way she made it public sounds like she's trying to pull a psychological ploy on everyone in front of her as well... oh, by the way, isn't a certain 55 car up there?"

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:52 pm

Woodard losing quickly confidence in himself making the race.

"It's just horrible." Woodard told reporters after getting out of his car. "This is my freaking home track and I might not qualify in this year! The team isn't happy, at all either with the situation... I don't want to be forced to buying out a spot or swapping out with another driver if I can help it."
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:49 pm

Rossini, Delgado Surprise With Qualifying Efforts

Two of the major surprise qualifiers in the final round of Decatur qualifying have come from men who are used to stealing headlines, both for completely different reasons. New Yorker Tom Delgado squeezed his way into the field for the Round of Decatur. While Ocean Motorsports shows no sign of returning to TM Master Cup series competition after this race, Delgado has been linked with an ownership role in recent weeks. Delgado's off-track exploits and soundbites have earned more attention than his on-track performances, though the former race winner has yet to triumph on a road course in his career.

Alessandro Rossini has yet to win a TM Master Cup series race, but speculation is that the Italian will likely score his first win in 2014. Rossini will be making his final start with the low-budget Scuderia Tutino operation on Sunday, before moving over to Volpi Racing Team. Rossini has regularly stolen headlines with his occasional giant-killing performances, including an 11th at Road America.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:11 pm

Delgado Shocks Himself, Pulls it Out of the Fire to Make First Decatur Field Since 2010

Tom Delgado gave himself zero chance of making the field after second round qualifying. Instead, he turned back the clock and showed why he is racing's only four-division race winner. Delgado finished 4th amongst 3rd round qualifiers and will start 34th at the 2013 Round of Decatur.

"I surprised myself today. I really didn't think we had a chance. The Miller Lite boys worked so hard and I'm glad I could give them something to smile about. Everyone likes to say I made my career on headlines, but you guys just seem to forget that I can race a little too. Hopefully we can have a good enough car on race day for me to show you exactly what I mean. I may be a has-been, but I'm a has-been who can still go and make all of you stand there with your mouths open" The 39-year old Delgado said to reporters after third round qualifying ended.

This will be Delgado's first Decatur start since 2010, and he looks for his first TM Master Cup points since 2011.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:22 am

Plissken Makes Decatur, Still Goes Ballistic

PSI teammates Greg Woodard and Kurt Plissken both made it into the season finale at Decatur, but their reactions were as different as night and day. Woodard went directly to social media where he happily tweeted

GWoodard41: We made it! The team pulled through and got both Plissken and I into the freaking race! #Relieved #PSI #Decatur

Plissken, on the other hand, went "ballistic" according to onlookers nearby at the scene.

"He was not happy and let his crew know it," reported an interviewee of Channel 44. "He was spewing profanity and venom right and left-- and it was directed at his crew."

It's obvious that Plissken is still upset at having to qualify in the third round. Maybe Plissken doesn't want his team to become complacent and content at just merely making the race and is trying to stoke the fire he recently lit under the team any way he can.

It may not be the most accepted way to behave, but thus far, you can't argue that it has yielded results. In an odd way, it could be Plissken's way of asserting his leadership.

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:36 pm

Rossini "struggles to find words" after qualifying for Decatur

Alessandro Rossini will make his second Decatur start this weekend having successfully qualified on his return to the TM Master Cup last November driving in the car which has now been rebranded as the Tutino he drives this season.

The performance has surprised many with few giving Tutino any chances to get even one car onto the grid despite several strong performances from both Rossini and Brit Ben Atkins including an 11th at Road America among several double points finishes for the Italian minnows who have had their strongest season since joining the championship in 2011.

"It really means a lot to mean" Rossini told the media earlier having barged his way onto the Decatur following the final qualifying session, "just making it onto the grid for me is a dream come true, I struggle to find words to describe how grateful I am to Tutino for not only today but the entire season".

Rossini was obviously emotional on securing a position on the grid in his last outing with the team as he prepares to make the jump from the back of the grid to the front with Volpi in 2014.

"You must admire the dedication of them. The team really do not receive enough respect for the efforts they have put in this year to get me in the positions I have been this year," Rossini told Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport, "it's a very tight budget but everyone works harder than you could imagine. Honestly give me members of any other team in the grid and I doubt I would have even made the points.

"It will be both very sad and very happy at the end of this weekend. Sad because I leave behind a team I consider very much my family but happy knowing we did magic together and that now I begin a very exciting moment in my career."

The Italian starts his final Tutino race on the back row in 41st and currently sits in 36th position in the points.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:10 pm

PACKER'S FINAL RIDE WITH VOLPI MARKS 50TH CAREER START

In his final race with the Volpi Racing Team, Packer Carroll will be hitting a mild milestone. Decatur 2013 will mark his 50th career start in the TM Master Cup Series.

PACKER: It really is special for my 50th race to be at Decatur, where so many champions have been crowned. I want to thank Volpi for sticking with me despite al the tough times we had, but we definitely had a few bright spots in there as well. I just wish we had more of them.

In addition, Erik Draachreider also qualified the #142 car that Packer owns, and Decatur 2013 will mark his TMMC debut.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down