Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jayski Copypasta Thread

+44
PRAWBLEMS
Cynon
Electric Wolf
Ceej
Magus978
BooyakaDragon
NASCARLOVER427
PYLrulz
RetrogradeRenegade
Tanrar
Jason Hamilton
racingfreak1999
Lucstar88
Alta
crl
gone-sovereign
Backmarker
bigdc48
RyanB06
Dan Mackay
pennst24
FlashRod4
simracerYEA
Ben Atkins
conrail1990
Baxter
Memoriesallbutdone
Cardinals5
BWard
flyingturns89
Michael29Shell
SpeedDemon37
Nascar9fan
Syzygy
Rykia
navycook75
Sparkz47
f1fan12
vbooy57
RealRacer4
Alpineopossum
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Mother of Invention
bsoyuz
48 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Jayski Copypasta Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Jayski Copypasta Thread

Post by Lucstar88 Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:24 pm

JRM signed another driver for the all-star 88 car.

Bowman to drive 9 races for JRM in 2016: Alex Bowman, the 22-year-old racer from Tucson, Ariz., will drive nine NASCAR Xfinity Series races for JR Motorsports in the #88 Chevy next season. Bowman becomes the fourth driver named to the lineup of JRM's #88 "All-Star" car for 2016, joining Dale Earnhardt Jr., Kevin Harvick and Kasey Kahne. The primary sponsor for Bowman's races will be announced at a later date. With the addition of Bowman, the #88 team's driver roster now accounts for 19 of 33 races. Bowman's nine-race schedule is as follows: Dover International Speedway (May 14), Pocono Raceway (June 4), Iowa Speedway (June 19), New Hampshire Motor Speedway (July 16), Watkins Glen International (Aug. 6), Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (Aug. 13), Richmond International Raceway (Sept. 9), Dover International Speedway (Oct. 1) and his hometown track Phoenix International Raceway (Nov. 12). "This is such a great opportunity," said Bowman. "Being able to race in top-notch equipment with a team like JR Motorsports is all I could ask for, really. I had a good experience driving for them in the past and I know we'll be competing for wins next year. That's a great feeling." Bowman's résumé includes more than 100 starts across NASCAR's top-three series. In 2014, he made two starts for JRM at Charlotte Motor Speedway and Phoenix International Raceway, earning respective finishes of 12th and 17th. Earlier this season, Bowman made his NASC
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:34 pm

So Junior's hired another talented Xfinity Series driver who I feel may have joined the Cup Series too soon. It'll be nice to see him and Allgaier racing in competitive cars again next year (even if Bowman's only part-time)!
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:24 pm

Here is the final paint scheme that Jeff Gordon will ever race; a platinum edition of the 2014-2015 primary Axalta scheme.
The Jayski Copypasta Thread - Page 12 24axalta-homestead-diecast

As nice as it is, I would have loved for his career to come to a close in the orginial rainbow car! At least it got to race at some point this year.
The Jayski Copypasta Thread - Page 12 24axalta-rainbow-diecast
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by vbooy57 Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:21 pm

Just announced today - Wood Brothers returning to full-time racing in 2016: #21-Wood Brothers Racing announced that it will run a full, 36-race schedule in 2016 with Ryan Blaney continuing as the team's driver contending for a NASCAR Sprint Cup championship with Motorcraft/Quick Lane and Ford Performance returning as anchor sponsors.
vbooy57
vbooy57
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:20 am

Jayski, via Road and Track/AutoBlog wrote:
Jeff Gordon may not be done driving racecars after all: "I don't think he's through driving," said his [Jeff Gordon's] manager, Zak Brown, whose firm, Just Marketing, Inc., has represented Gordon for years. JMI is the largest motorsports marketing agency in the world, matching sponsors with race teams and series. Four of the last five major Formula One deals were brokered by JMI. Brown (no relation to musician Zac Brown, who JMI's Brown insists "spells 'Zak' all wrong!") and his company only represent one active driver - Gordon - though they also represent former F1 champions Sir Jackie Stewart and Niki Lauda. Brown is a former professional racecar driver who only last year stepped away from the cockpit of the United Autosports team he co-owns, which races primarily in Europe and Asia, though he still competes in vintage races. And he suspects that while Jeff Gordon may indeed be done with driving in NASCAR, he isn't done with racing, most likely in sports cars. Gordon has repeatedly proven his expertise in NASCAR road races at tracks like Watkins Glen in New York and Sonoma Raceway in California. "If you look at champions like Michael Schumacher and Mika Hakkinen, who left Formula One, took a breather, then came back to racing, I think that Jeff will take 12 or 24 months, and then when the right opportunity comes along, he'll be back," Brown told Autoblog. Endurance races such as the Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona or the Twelve Hours of Sebring could be attractive, "and Jeff has shown a lot of interest in Le Mans. I'd be surprised if we never see him again behind the wheel of a race car."(AutoBlog)(11-24-2015)

Hmmmm...
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:58 am

Jayski wrote:Lewis Hamilton interested in NASCAR: Lewis Hamilton admits he would love to take part in a NASCAR race "one day" after being an impressed spectator for the series' season finale. Hamilton flew to Miami to support Jeff Gordon last week ahead of the four-time NASCAR champion's final race in the series. The Mercedes driver is known to be an avid fan of America and American culture but has not raced outside of F1 since making his debut in 2007. Hamilton admits he has ambitions to follow in Gordon's footsteps at some point in the future. "It was a really cool event, I hope I get to do one one day," Hamilton said ahead of this weekend's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. The reigning three-time world champion thinks there is a lot Formula One can learn from NASCAR, especially the access it gives to the fans. "I don't know, I would have to really think about that but there are definitely things they do a lot better than us ... Or for sure that we could learn from them. It was a great show, a great spectacle for the fans, a bit like DTM fans can get close to the garages in the background, to the drivers."(ESPN.com)(11-27-2015)

Imagine the breakdowns!
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:45 am

NASCARLOVER427 wrote:
Jayski wrote:Lewis Hamilton interested in NASCAR: Lewis Hamilton admits he would love to take part in a NASCAR race "one day" after being an impressed spectator for the series' season finale. Hamilton flew to Miami to support Jeff Gordon last week ahead of the four-time NASCAR champion's final race in the series. The Mercedes driver is known to be an avid fan of America and American culture but has not raced outside of F1 since making his debut in 2007. Hamilton admits he has ambitions to follow in Gordon's footsteps at some point in the future. "It was a really cool event, I hope I get to do one one day," Hamilton said ahead of this weekend's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. The reigning three-time world champion thinks there is a lot Formula One can learn from NASCAR, especially the access it gives to the fans. "I don't know, I would have to really think about that but there are definitely things they do a lot better than us ... Or for sure that we could learn from them. It was a great show, a great spectacle for the fans, a bit like DTM fans can get close to the garages in the background, to the drivers."(ESPN.com)(11-27-2015)

Imagine the breakdowns!

>Lewis Hamilton interested in Nascar
>Hinchcliffe wants to do a race or two
>Junior says Daniel Ricciardo is more than welcome to test a JRM car on a Road Course, and Danny-boy is considering it
>Kimi says he wants to do Nascar again

There really needs to be an Open Wheel invasion to Nascar, maybe not for the whole season, but just have a few random open wheel guys show up for a road course race would be something I would watch (and the road course races are already worth watching).
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:30 am

navycook75 wrote:
NASCARLOVER427 wrote:

Imagine the breakdowns!

>Lewis Hamilton interested in Nascar
>Hinchcliffe wants to do a race or two
>Junior says Daniel Ricciardo is more than welcome to test a JRM car on a Road Course, and Danny-boy is considering it
>Kimi says he wants to do Nascar again

There really needs to be an Open Wheel invasion to Nascar, maybe not for the whole season, but just have a few random open wheel guys show up for a road course race would be something I would watch (and the road course races are already worth watching).

I remember a bunch of open wheel drivers back in '08 that made the jump from F1/Indy/Champ Car to NASCAR. We all know how many drivers from that group that are left still racing in NASCAR.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:12 am

The 2016 ARCA schedule was released last week. The season will again be 20 events as it is normally, and will include one track that was not on the schedule last year, Madison International Speedway in Wisconsin. The track has hosted ARCA races before, most recently in 2014. As for the track that loses a race, that will be Mobile International Speedway, which has been on the schedule for the past four seasons. However, the field in each of the last three races at Mobile have been at least eight cars short, not to mention the horrible crash that Will Kimmel had at the track this year. Still, this does leave a nearly two month gap between Daytona and the second race on the schedule, now at the Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway.

Full 2016 Schedule
February 13 - Daytona
April 9 - Nashville Fairgrounds
April 24 - Salem
April 29 - Talladega
May 22 - Toledo
May 28 - New Jersey
June 3 - Pocono
June 10 - Michigan
June 19 - Madison
June 26 - Winchester
July 9 - Iowa
July 22 - Lucas Oil Raceway
July 29 - Pocono
August 6 - Berlin
August 21 - Springfield
September 4 - DuQuoin
September 10 - Salem
September 15 - Chicagoland
September 23 - Kentucky
October 14 - Kansas
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:08 pm

RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:36 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:The 2016 ARCA schedule was released last week. The season will again be 20 events as it is normally, and will include one track that was not on the schedule last year, Madison International Speedway in Wisconsin. The track has hosted ARCA races before, most recently in 2014. As for the track that loses a race, that will be Mobile International Speedway, which has been on the schedule for the past four seasons. However, the field in each of the last three races at Mobile have been at least eight cars short, not to mention the horrible crash that Will Kimmel had at the track this year. Still, this does leave a nearly two month gap between Daytona and the second race on the schedule, now at the Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway.

Full 2016 Schedule
February 13 - Daytona
April 9 - Nashville Fairgrounds
April 24 - Salem
April 29 - Talladega
May 22 - Toledo
May 28 - New Jersey
June 3 - Pocono
June 10 - Michigan
June 19 - Madison
June 26 - Winchester
July 9 - Iowa
July 22 - Lucas Oil Raceway
July 29 - Pocono
August 6 - Berlin
August 21 - Springfield
September 4 - DuQuoin
September 10 - Salem
September 15 - Chicagoland
September 23 - Kentucky
October 14 - Kansas
Wasn't that how ARCA used to be, though? Daytona then a two-month break? Doesn't seem that unusual to me.

Glad to see New Jersey is still there...might be worth going to see.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:58 pm

That alliance will be really beneficial.

Roush chose a good team to pick up some speed from.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:01 pm

NeverNeutral wrote:

From Front Row? I hope you are being sarcastic!
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:09 pm

NeverNeutral wrote:

The Jayski Copypasta Thread - Page 12 5ae76834913141ff98770630c015204b
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:05 am

Since no one mentioned it, Richard Petty Motorsports is expected to announce today that Brian Scott will drive the #9 Ford in 2016. Sponsor is expected to be Albertson's.

From Jayski:

Brian Scott to replace Hornish in the #9 UPDATE: After a lengthy process, Richard Petty Motorsports has selected NASCAR Xfinity Series regular Brian Scott as the new driver of its #9 Fords in the Sprint Cup Series, multiple sources confirmed to Motorsport.com. An official announcement of Scott's hire is expected by the end of the week, sources said. A spokesman from RPM said the organization had no comment on the report of Scott's hire. Scott, 27, has competed fulltime in the Xfinity Series the past six seasons, the last three with Richard Childress Racing. In 208 starts, Scott has 20 top-five and 77 top-10 finishes and won five poles. His best finish in the series standings was fourth in 2014. Scott, an Idaho native, has received sponsorship support in his NASCAR career most recently from Shore Lodge, owned by his father, Joe, who is also heir to the Albertsons enterprise. He will make his debut with the team at Homestead-Miami Speedway for the Goodyear tire test on Monday.(Motorsport)(12-9-2015)
UPDATE: Richard Petty Motorsports has scheduled a press conference for Friday morning to make a driver announcement "for 2016 and beyond".
AND: According to Adam Stern of Sports Business Journal, the "sponsor will be Albertsons, which struck [business to business] deal with Smithfield as part of pact."(12-10-2015)

That being said, the 2016 Rookie of the Year battle will be Chase Elliott, Ryan Blaney, Chris Buescher, Brian Scott, and Jeffrey Earnhardt.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:41 pm

So reports are coming out now that franchising for Sprint Cup is getting closer to implementation, and some people with inside scoops on RuRa are hearing that things are going to get crazy with the teams toward the back.

Front Row, which was already reportedly was dropping one full-time team, may now drop two- Whitt and Gilliland are possibly done, and Chris Buescher may not run the full season. The Circle Sport/Hillman shop may be done due to both the franchising and money issues/problems between Falk and Hillman. Hillman has supposedly gone to Jay Robinson with some equipment. Falk either has sold the 33 back to RCR, or is going to LFR, who would switch to Chevy and possibly run full-time.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:01 pm

I'm not surprised those two teams ran into funding issues. Both teams ran unsponsored cars a lot (remember that Bob Jenkins of FRM is a Taco Bell/KFC/A&W/Long John SIlvers Franchiser, so a lot of times when had those sponsors on the car it was an out of pocket expense).
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:32 pm

FRM losing two cars due to franchising makes little sense, because;

- MWR is out. 2 cars lost.
- Premium is dropping the #62 car. 1 car lost.
- The Wood Brothers are full time again. 1 car gained.
- The 51 becoming the 15 at HScott, no net gain/loss.

Net loss of 2 cars.

With that, you still have... what, 41 cars showing up regularly? Then let's look at maybes...

- FRM car 38
- FRM car 35
- Car 40
- Car 33 either scaling back or going back to Childress.

FRM can, essentially, stop running car 38 (or 35) and, assuming every other regular car shows up, they could half-ass the second car and roll around in that franchise money until someone else buys it.

NASCAR's brand of franchising has lots of potential to be broken... but franchising itself won't break the sport -- other variables that currently exist in the sport will break franchising and make it a mess... like the big 4 OEMs being allowed to get as big as they are.

I'm now curious. How many cars/engines do the following organizations have on the grid? Count all of their respected customer teams, because I've lost track.

Hendrick
RCR
Gibbs/TRD
Roush/Yates

Curious.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:59 pm

Not accounting for teams that may close:

Hendrick: 12 (Hendrick, SHR, CGR, HSM)
RCR: 5 (RCR, Germain, JTG. 6 if you count the 33)
Gibbs/TRD: 8 (JGR, BKR, FRR)
Roush/Yates: 13 (RFR, Penske, RPM, WBR, FRM, LFR, GGR)

Not affiliated: TBR, Hillman, Premium, TMG, Xtreme, RAB
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:52 pm

Kentucky Speedway will be resurfaced prior to July's NASCAR race weekend.

In addition to the repave, turns 1 and 2 will be slightly reconfigured. The racing surface will decrease from 74 to 56 feet in width, and the banking will be increased from 14 to 17 degrees (it will not be progressive). Turns 3 and 4 will remain at 14 degrees, making the track asymmetrical.

There are also rumors that Atlanta Motor Speedway may be repaved this year, as well. If this were to happen, it would have to be after its NASCAR race weekend, which is less than two months away.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:01 pm

Elliott Sadler's new Jr. Motorsports car; last year's car #9 is now the #1 (which Sadler used last year at Roush Fenway).

The Jayski Copypasta Thread - Page 12 1onemain-lf-debut
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:07 pm

jayski.com wrote:Stewart plans to continue dirt racing: Tony Stewart won't stop racing after he exits his Sprint Cup car for the final time this season at Homestead-Miami Speedway in November. Instead, he plans to return to his roots. "I plan on running a lot of dirt races after the end of the season when I retire from the Cup stuff, so I would say this is on the radar," Stewart said during a press conference Monday at the Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Stewart isn't competing this week at the Chili Bowl Nationals but will help with track preparations as he did last year. That included driving a tractor to get the track in shape at the River Spirit Expo Center at Tulsa's Expo Square. Stewart, a three-time Sprint Cup champion who came up through the dirt track ranks to IndyCar and NASCAR, has not raced on a dirt track since an incident Aug. 9, 2014, at Canandaigua Motorsports Park that killed Kevin Ward Jr. Stewart and Ward had been racing together when Ward's car hit the wall. Ward exited his car and walked down the track toward Stewart's car when he was struck and killed. It's not hard to imagine Stewart returning to compete in the Chili Bowl next year. "It is the dirt track race of the year," Stewart said of an event that has 344 cars entered and drivers from 34 states and five countries. "I don't care what series, what track, this is the place to be. It's the only time all year you're going to get this many quality cars and drivers and teams to come to one event and race."(NBC Sports)(1-13-2016)
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Memoriesallbutdone Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:10 pm

Tommy Baldwin just hired Regan Smith...

From Ginn/DEI, to Furniture Row, to JR Motorsports, to Tommy Baldwin...boy can that slippery path get any worse?

I know he's likely driven on other random little teams in his early days but I like Smith and I feel really bad for him cause he can't seem to get a decent break that will stick their ground with him.
Memoriesallbutdone
Memoriesallbutdone
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:32 am

Feel a bit sorry for Bowman, but hopefully Regan Smith can do a good job
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:59 am

Nothing has been arranged thus far, but Kurt Busch is interested in running in the Indianapolis 500, again.

jayski.com wrote:Kurt Busch wants to run Indy 500 again: Kurt Busch says he wants to return to run the Indianapolis 500, but nothing has been put together yet. The biggest challenge for Busch is the lack of competitive seats still available with four months remaining until Race Week begins. Busch only wants to return to the event if he can improve on his sixth-place finish from 2014 with Andretti Autosport. "Possibly. It's on the backburner," Busch said of his interest in the prestigious IndyCar event. "That's especially true since it's the 100th running. There's a lot of sponsorship opportunities, be it Haas Automation, Chevrolet or Monster Energy. "But for now, my focus is on Stewart Haas Racing, the #41 car and locking ourselves into the Chase as soon as possible this season." Busch maintains that his interest in returning to the 500 is sincere, and that he doesn't feel pressured to put together a package this early in the season. He would like the conversations to take place, if they are going to happen, sooner rather than later but hasn't placed a deadline on himself or his potential partners yet.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:35 pm

David Ragan Secures Ride With BK Racing:

My reaction was as follows:

David Ragan is trash.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:17 pm

http://racing.ap.org/article/nascar-champion-tony-stewart-hospitalized-back-injury

Tony Stewart hurt his back in a non-racing related incedent.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:48 pm

Vertebrae burst fracture. Out at least six months.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:05 pm

NeverNeutral wrote:Vertebrae burst fracture. Out at least six months.

6 months? Damn. What a rotten last 3 years he's had...
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:19 pm

NeverNeutral wrote:Vertebrae burst fracture. Out at least six months.

This is a terrible start to his swan song year. Another year confirmed.
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:00 pm

jayski.com wrote:Jeff Gordon would consider racing at Le Mans: Jeff Gordon may be recently retired but has not given up on the idea of one day competing in the Le Mans 24 Hours sportscar race. "I've always said that if the right opportunity came along I would like to," Gordon, who will be a member of Fox's broadcast team for Sunday's Daytona 500, told Reuters. "When it comes to competing and racing I don't take it for granted of what it takes to be competitive. I wouldn't do any (type) racing if I couldn't fully prepare for and I couldn't bring something to that team to enhance the their chances of winning. If I feel healthy enough with my back. Physically fit enough to handle the (high gravity forces) ... make the lap times. It would be definitely be the goal." Gordon is also keeping a close eye on Formula One as he is friends with triple F1 world champion Lewis Hamilton and would like to watch the Mercedes driver compete live later this year. "We're working out on it," said Gordon. "When I saw Lewis the other day I told him I want to repay him (for the friendship). I want to be there in Abu Dhabi - when he wins his next championship or battles for the championship. That's what I'm working towards."(Reuters)(2-20-2016)
I would love to see this happen some day! I never got to see Jeff drive in the Rolex 24.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:04 pm

RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:21 am

Hearing rumors that Micheal Lira's team is dead in the water. Guess the Korbin Forrester experiment didn't work out that well (/understatement)
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:23 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:Hearing rumors that Micheal Lira's team is dead in the water. Guess the Korbin Forrester experiment didn't work out that well (/understatement)
I like the Lira team, that's a real shame if they're in trouble this early.

In other news (unrelated to NASCAR)...
jayski.com wrote:Menards sponsoring Penske in Indy 500: Team Penske announced that Menards, the industry-leading home improvement store company with locations throughout the Midwest, will sponsor the #22 car and driver Simon Pagenaud for two races during the 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series, including this year's 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500 on May 29th. Menards will adorn the side of the #22 Team Penske Dallara/Chevrolet both at the Indy 500 as well as the series' return to Road America in June. The company will also be an associate sponsor on the #22 Team Penske car for the balance of the 2016 season. The announcement marks a return for Menards to the Verizon IndyCar Series. The Wisconsin-based company raced as a sponsor in INDYCAR from 1996-2003 but the return to action this season represents Menards first taste of series competition in 13 years. A Menards-sponsored car captured the Indy Racing League title in both 1997 with driver Tony Stewart and in 1999 with driver Greg Ray. With its track record of success in INDYCAR, Menards returns this season with a clear goal of winning its first Indianapolis 500. In addition to its history in INDYCAR competition, Menards has been a long-time supporter in other forms of motorsports, including NASCAR.(Team Penske)(3-23-2016)
I've always wanted to be able to watch the Menards cars live! Very Happy
The Jayski Copypasta Thread - Page 12 03-22-Penske-Pagenaud-Menard-CarUnveil
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:47 am

navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:19 pm

Some teams are starting to unveil their throwback schemes for this year's Southern 500. Regan Smith's car will feature a tribute to the Hooters livery that once belonged to the "Underbird" of Alan Kulwicki.

The Jayski Copypasta Thread - Page 12 7roadrippers-diecast
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Mon May 09, 2016 9:40 pm

I know that Grosjean races for a co-owner of Stewart-Haas Racing (and I can't recall whether there's been any previous talk about this idea), but him racing in the Cup Series is not a possibility that I was at all expecting.

jayski.com wrote:Romain Grosjean could run a NASCAR race this summer: Formula 1 driver Romain Grosjean's debut in NASCAR could happen as early as this summer, after Stewart-Haas Racing revealed it is now working on a plan to get the Frenchman a race entry. "We may give it a go. I think it would be really cool," he said after sitting in a Sprint Cup car on the day he was announced as a Haas F1 driver. "It's definitely on our wish list," Joe Custer, chief operating officer of Haas F1 said. "We just have to make it work - whether it be this year, next year, whenever that is. We're not sure. He's made it clear that he wouldn't want his debut to be on an oval - where he's never done it before. There's so much going on. We have to figure out the testing opportunities and all the things that would make it a success." Either road course race on the Sprint Cup schedule would be ideal for the 30-year-old racer with Sonoma (June 26) and Watkins Glen (August 7) both during off weeks for F1. But while Sonoma falls at the end of the Canada/Baku back-to-back run, the Glen race falls in the middle of the F1's summer break between the German GP (July 31) and the Belgian GP on August 28. "I'm not sure when it would happen, but it's on our list," explained Custer. "We would like to have him test. He would be a rookie. I don't think there are any barriers to any of this. We just have to figure it out and get it on the schedule. Then, five cars or four cars? Or does he work with another team in the garage. All of that. We have to work out the details and have enough time to make it happen."(Motorsport)(5-9-2016)
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Tue May 10, 2016 7:38 am

There's a possibility that both Grosjean and Ricciardo could do Watkins Glen this year.

wahey lad
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Thu May 12, 2016 5:44 am

All 3 2017 Nascar Schedules were released last week. the only major changes are that Kansas and Talladega are switching spots in the Chase(Honestly , its probably for the besat) and the first Texas race is going bacvk to being a day race(also i think for the best.)

Cup Schedule http://www.jayski.com/news/pages/story/_/page/2017-NASCAR-Cup-Schedule
Xfinity Schedule http://www.jayski.com/news/nxs/2017/story/_/page/2017-xfinity-schedule
Truck Schedule http://www.jayski.com/news/campingworld/2016/story/_/page/2017cts-sched

I really wish the would fix the 1 month break in between Martinsville and Kansas for Trucks. Sad
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Fri May 13, 2016 1:20 pm

Jayski wrote:Romain Grosjean could run a NASCAR race this summer UPDATE: Formula 1 driver Romain Grosjean's debut in NASCAR could happen as early as this summer, after Stewart-Haas Racing revealed it is now working on a plan to get the Frenchman a race entry. "We may give it a go. I think it would be really cool," he said after sitting in a Sprint Cup car on the day he was announced as a Haas F1 driver. "It's definitely on our wish list," Joe Custer, chief operating officer of Haas F1 said. "We just have to make it work - whether it be this year, next year, whenever that is. We're not sure. He's made it clear that he wouldn't want his debut to be on an oval - where he's never done it before. There's so much going on. We have to figure out the testing opportunities and all the things that would make it a success." Either road course race on the Sprint Cup schedule would be ideal for the 30-year-old racer with Sonoma (June 26) and Watkins Glen (August 7) both during off weeks for F1. But while Sonoma falls at the end of the Canada/Baku back-to-back run, the Glen race falls in the middle of the F1's summer break between the German GP (July 31) and the Belgian GP on August 28. "I'm not sure when it would happen, but it's on our list," explained Custer. "We would like to have him test. He would be a rookie. I don't think there are any barriers to any of this. We just have to figure it out and get it on the schedule. Then, five cars or four cars? Or does he work with another team in the garage. All of that. We have to work out the details and have enough time to make it happen."(Motorsport)(5-9-2016)

UPDATE: Romain Grosjean believes that his best chance of making his NASCAR debut will come at the Sonoma road course race at the end of June. Grosjean expressed an interest in trying out NASCAR after joining Stewart-Haas Racing co-owner Gene Haas' new Formula 1 operation for its debut season in 2016. "When it's going to happen, I don't know. It's 21 races, it's quite a tight schedule already in Formula 1. Of course you don't want to start on an oval, I wouldn't feel very comfortable." Grosjean's best opportunities for a road course appearance come with the Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Sonoma on June 26 and the Cheez-It 355 at Watkins Glen on August 7. However, the race at The Glen would cut into F1's summer break. "That's a problem," Grosjean said. "Sonoma is better I think." Should Grosjean be able to make his debut though, it would not come with Stewart-Haas Racing. NASCAR rules only allow four cars per team and no exceptions for rookie drivers as used to be the case. A possible scenario for Grosjean would be racing with the SHR-supported HScott Motorsports team.(NBC Sports)(5-13-2016)

The Jayski Copypasta Thread - Page 12 Awesome_logo__the_miz_by_awesome_creator_2008-d4ez58b
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:54 pm

Jeb dies. Again.
Petty suspends operations of #43 NXS team: Richard Petty Motorsports announced that the team suspended operations of the #43 XFINITY team due to financial issues with the team's primary sponsor, J. Streicher. Due to missed payments, Richard Petty Motorsports is forced to cut back the originally-planned full-time schedule for the NASCAR XFINTY Series #43 Ford Mustang driven by Jeb Burton. J. Streicher joined Richard Petty Motorsports late in the off-season for their first sponsorship in NASCAR supporting Burton's first full-time season in the NASCAR XFINITY Series. Burton and the team got to work, and just days after signing the agreement with J. Streicher, the team competed in the season opener at Daytona. The team tallied one Top-10 and four Top-15 finishes in the first 10 races of the season and currently is in position to compete for the Chase in the NASCAR XFINITY Series. "This is an unfortunate situation," said Richard Petty Motorsports CEO Brian Moffitt. "We make commitments to both our employees and vendors that are based on sponsor commitments, and we take those commitments seriously. We will pursue every avenue to ensure the contractual obligations between RPM and our sponsor are met. We'll take each week as it comes and do our best to get the #43 Ford Mustang on track as much as possible this season." Richard Petty Motorsports and Burton will continue their relationship and work to get Burton on track as much as possible this year. This weekend at Pocono Raceway, Burton will compete in the #32 Ford for GO FAS Racing in the Sprint Cup Series.(Richard Petty Motorsports)(6-1-2016)
PRAWBLEMS
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:52 pm

Matt Tift is out of racing indenefinetly with a brain tumor.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovenami Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:51 pm

AntmanB wrote:Matt Tift is out of racing indenefinetly with a brain tumor.
Well, that sucks for him, he had a promising career.
Rovenami
Rovenami
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:07 pm

NASCAR will be using the low downforce package again at Michigan in Late August.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:48 pm

RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:33 pm

I know that he's proved that he's extraordinarily talented, but this is going to be a another fairly quick transition into Cup from the ladder series. I hope that he can adapt quickly because I would love to see Jones succeed (it won't hurt that he's basically going to be driving a Gibbs car)!
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:01 pm

So It looks like Hinchy will be in this season of Dancing with the stars.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:24 pm

Last edited by NeverNeutral on Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:41 am

RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:32 pm

RetrogradeRenegade wrote:Looks like Newgarden will be replacing JPM at Penske.
http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/134569-indycar-newgarden-to-wave-the-flag-at-penske
For people want the next big American in the series it really feels like this is the "This is it" moment.

We'll see if it comes to fruition but i'm overjoyed for Newgarden. Very Happy
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next