Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Music Thread

+70
Liam O'Brian
RockyDennis
Veni Vidi Voeckler
Memoriesallbutdone
LadyKathy
vbooy57
Backmarker
Lucstar88
SpiderTre
iAMBADDATGAMES
crl
RetrogradeRenegade
Alta
PRAWBLEMS
Metro 6r4
antknee
24batista24
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Electric Wolf
Kornography
Nascar9fan
PackerMan71
Milan655
pennst24
Tanrar
ParaLanche
Cynon
BWard
RyanB06
Cardinals5
RealRacer4
pepsibottle1
Jason Hamilton
Syzygy
SpinDragun
Mother of Invention
Alpineopossum
navycook75
Sparkz47
Jahgee1124
tommykl
Mystrsyko
Vincent Giacalone
RACECAR
Racerfan275
Nextelracer
gwoodard41
F1V1
Magus978
Gordon24fan07
racingfreak1999
GamerAzuzu
frisky
JMac525
bartman97
gone-sovereign
Woody
Ben Atkins
TheRacingExperts
BBoy
teamwhiper
conrail1990
f1fan12
day500champ1
flyingturns89
Blackout
Chives2112
mong82191
Blake Camphausen
Rykia
74 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

The Music Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Music Thread

Post by bsoyuz Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:49 pm

Been enjoying stuff that without the right circumstances I wouldn't. But to be honest my musical taste is a big fat mess. I have also been listening to mashups/BR music that is somewhat considered trashy where depending on who you ask (hell if the circunstances weren't the right ones, I would've burned the song).

Spoiler:

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:[...]BABYMETAL and Band-Maid.

I never thought I would be alive to see the day where someone would mention Band-Maid.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:47 pm

Green Day have released a new track called "Bang Bang", from their upcoming album 'Revolution Radio', which drops October 7th. I can thankfully say that this is a massive improvement on the abysmal series of albums that were Uno! Dos! Tre!
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by F1V1 Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:53 am

It's funny you mentioned Green Day, I'm just now reading an article about Billy Joe's cocaine-induced psychosis he experienced while they were recording the Uno, Dos, Tre trilogy. Not a huge fan of GD but they seem to be doing much better after that disaster

Protest The Hero's last EP was released only to their Bandcamp subscribers. Subscribing was $12, all six tracks came with their own artwork and a separate instrumental version so it was well worth the money. The album isn't on YouTube because of this, but this guy's cover of the first track is spot-on and a good listen.

F1V1
F1V1
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:56 am

New Band-Maid!
Spoiler:

Brought their second album off CDJapan, titled New Beginning. Fantastic album from start to finish. Especially the tracks Thrill, and Don't let me Down, which is sung in full English.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:51 pm

Don't know who here listens to Finch other than myself and Casey, but the news came out that they broke up. Again.

Can't say I'm surprised. The writing had been on the wall for quite a while, Nate wanted to take a more experimental direction and the rest of the band (save for Randy, since he's been off the grid since 2015) was leaning more traditional. Feeling like Nate was the victim here; the post on the band's Facebook page suggests otherwise, but I'm holding skepticism about its truthfulness. Lot of stuff that just didn't add up. Haven't listened to the demo tracks Nate put out, I'll get around to it. Hope that Nate starts a new band with the same sound he was working on, else it makes his effort seem unfinished.

If nothing else, it makes quite a few of the songs off of Back to Oblivion sound piercingly ironic.

Unrelated, but Silverstein put out a new single, Ghost. Was hearing people say that their sound had changed. Aside from Shane dropping an F-bomb, I wasn't picking it up right off. At any rate I'm excited to see what they put out in 2017.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:20 pm

Since what I'm listening to right now pretty much changes with the wind, here's my running tab. https://open.spotify.com/user/jericohol89/playlist/2rE2PP8ixA8th82oChsKDd
PRAWBLEMS
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:45 pm

gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:10 am

Band-Maid's first full album Just Bring It is absolutely amazing. Well worth buying and shipping from Japan.

Spoiler:
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:57 pm

I didn't know whether to put this on this or the video game thread, but since it's mostly based on the music in said game, I put it here.

So for christmas, I got Madden 17. It's OK, just not the same as the last gen ones, but there is some amazing music in there. Here are some of the best.

Spoiler:
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:24 pm

I only discovered this band about a week ago, and I've been binging hard on this song ever since. It's a shame that they've since broken up.

gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:58 pm

Really, REALLY liking the new blink album, expecially this song that's a huge step from their traditional sound.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:28 pm

Same as with my Finch post earlier in this thread, I'm fairly certain that myself and Casey are the only two people on this forum that listen to Silverstein and/or Hawthorne Heights. Regardless, both those bands put out new music recently and I feel like talking about it. :V

Out of everything I listen to, Silverstein is definitely my favorite band. On my birthday last month, they announced their upcoming album Dead Reflection, and released a music video for their song "Retrograde" to accompany that announcement (best birthday present ever!). It's...different for them. I wasn't picking it up with "Ghost", but you can tell they're really going for a more aggressive sound this time around. Getting strong metalcore vibes with this song, which I suppose speaks to the direction that many post-hardcore bands are heading in. I don't mind. It's good because it's Silverstein, and it wouldn't be the first time they had a "new sound". Dead Reflection releases on July 14th, so I have something to look forward to this summer. Very Happy

Last week, Hawthorne Heights released a single for the song "Push Me Away". It sends a great message, one that hits close to home for me personally. If you've listened to it, you can kinda guess why (I don't think it was a coincidence that the video was released the day before the start of Pride Month ^_^). This kinda sound sends Hawthorne Heights back to their roots; they're really trying to be part of the scene revival. I can certainly appreciate that, because that's the kinda sound that drew me to them in the first place. I don't recall them having said whether or not they're releasing a new album anytime soon, but I believe this is an indication they're working on something. In which case, I'll be interested to see what the rest of the album is like.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:31 pm

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington committed suicide today he was 41 and leaves behind his wife, 6 children and one of the greatest rock bands in the world:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jul/20/chester-bennington-lead-singer-of-linkin-park-dies-at-age-41
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16