Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race 03: Round of Georgia

+9
Ben Atkins
Hockeyusa81
RetrogradeRenegade
f1fan12
Joshua Michaels
Michael Sykes
Wizzie
gwoodard41
Cynon
13 posters

Go down

Race 03: Round of Georgia Empty Race 03: Round of Georgia

Post by Cynon Sun May 12, 2013 1:15 am

Results
Spoiler:

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Race 03: Round of Georgia Empty Re: Race 03: Round of Georgia

Post by gwoodard41 Sun May 12, 2013 1:30 am

Spoiler:
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzie Sun May 12, 2013 2:17 am

Spoiler:
Wizzie
Wizzie
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Sykes Sun May 12, 2013 7:57 am

Spoiler:

Last edited by Michael Sykes on Sun May 12, 2013 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michael Sykes
Michael Sykes
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Michaels Sun May 12, 2013 11:26 am

(OOC: Cy, is this the longest TMMC race ever filmed so far?)
Joshua Michaels
Joshua Michaels
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Sun May 12, 2013 11:53 am

Joshua Michaels wrote:(OOC: Cy, is this the longest TMMC race ever filmed so far?)

Last years Karjala, and I believe finale was longer...
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Sun May 12, 2013 12:23 pm

Spoiler:
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockeyusa81 Sun May 12, 2013 12:51 pm

Daniel Voyles called time penalty on 4 team stupid
PCHS team owner Daniel Voyles calls the time penalty on the 4 team in the master cup series quoted ( the worst penalty ever ) when reporters in Texas ( Where Daniel and his team are at to watch the arla races ) asked why he said ( I think the master cup officials need to look at the incident between the 3 car and the 4 car again because I think in my defensived the 4 car was trying to get behind the 3 car and Roderick just misjudged it do there need to asks this question was it a racing deal or intentional wreck) Daniel has asked Roderick to meet with him at Texas before the teams head to the round of England
Hockeyusa81
Hockeyusa81
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun May 12, 2013 2:32 pm

Atkins 'absolutely ecstatic' about first points finish with Tutino

Ben Atkins has had a handful of good finishes in the Master Cup, but this points paying finish, according to Atkins, is the one that has made him the happiest since Decatur of 2011. Atkins has had bad luck since the start of the season, with DNF's at California and Carbondale, but it was all smiles for Atkins as him, and teammate Alessandro Rossini both scored points for Scuderia Tutino, with Atkins finishing 19th.

"It really means a lot" said Atkins, just after climbing out of his car; "These guys just work so hard, and it really paid off today. Me and Alessandro scored some good points, so it's a bloody fantastic day for us guys here. I just... god it feels amazing to score points for these guys. I'll have to call Hannah [Percy] in a bit and talk to her about this race, and a few other things to do with Master Cup."

The latter thing Atkins mentioned is a rumour that he is trying to get Hannah Percy, his partner and Dash Cup rookie, into the Round of England with a car either provided by Eichholtz Atlantic Racing, or out of his own back pocket, with a team labelled "HQS Autosport" with the car he placed 5th with at Quebec.

"If Hannah does race at England, I would buy that Omecha I raced at Quebec off Eichholtz Atlantic. That car was so damn good, and I think she could get a good finish with it."

Atkins will come back to Europe for the Round of England, his home race on the 31st of March, where he will also be attempting a few Dash Cup events in his own car.

"There will be a lot of racing in that few week span at Europe, but it will be fun. I'm mostly excited to see my girlfriend again, I've missed her these last few weeks. It'll be good though, racing with her and the other Dash Cup guys. They've been looking damn fast this year."

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Sun May 12, 2013 4:09 pm

Rossini takes 16th, praises team

It was all smiles in the Tutino garage after Alessandro Rossini and Ben Atkins both finished in the top 20, and the points.

The Tutino cars maintained a controlled pace, and held position at the rear end of the points positions for the majority of the race as others fell out due to incident and mechanical failures.

Rossini, who only finishes in the points for the 6th time in his 17 race career, claimed that it was "by far the most difficult race of my career."

"It was difficult to stay in the points, the car wasn't truly up to the pace of most of the cars ahead of us. It was a real team effort to make the correct pit calls, and get the stops correct."

"They were even better than at Carbondale, I'm really grateful for their efforts in getting me and [Ben] Atkins into the points, they really were the unsung heroes in that effort."

Rossini did however admit that the car could perform a lot better, and needs more chassis upgrades to maintain any chance of staying in the points.

"The cars quick, but we could be higher, I'm sure of it."

"With some more upgrades, and with a bit of a stronger engine I'm sure we could get a 10th place."
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Sun May 12, 2013 9:59 pm

Roderick, Soveral Crews Fight after Round of Georgia

Sometimes, emotions on-track carry over behind the pit wall and into the paddock. Members of Luciano Soveral's pit crew approached some of Leonid Roderick's crew following the race. Roderick and Soveral made contact while racing for the win with two laps to go, sending both cars off track and out of contention. Soveral approached Roderick after the race, after which, crews from both teams got involved. Soveral and Roderick were ushered away by their respective crews before a few punches were thrown.

Soveral was not complimentary of the four-time TM Master Cup champion after the race. "He knew I had the place, he just drove into me like it is a game... he knows better, that was just insane." Soveral said to Channel 44 reporters.
"Why did he have to do that? He should, in my opinion get a bigger penalty because that was just so blatant..."

Roderick also expressed his frustrations after the race as well, but he took some time to compose his thoughts. "You know, I'm really mad about a lot of different things. I'm pretty mad that Luciano was close enough to have gotten that chance because my idiot teammate doesn't understand what the hell a blue flag is... just kinda got frustrated and you know the rest." he said.
"No point running away from it, was my fault, wasn't entirely an accident... and I can understand why Luciano is as mad, he should know there's better ways to resolve things other than fighting in the pits."

Tutino Celebrates Double Points Finish

Scuderia Tutino became one of the feel-good stories about the dramatic Round of Georgia after they put both cars in the points -- solidly. The results from Alessandro Rossini and Ben Atkins saw both Tutino crews celebrating as if they had scored a 1-2 result. The pitlane celebrations from Tutino seemed to outweigh those from the American Launch Energy Racing Team, who scored their first win with Michael Sykes, as a Channel 44 cameraman focused on them for some time before realizing he was looking at the wrong pit crew.

Tutino's effort did not go unnoticed. Volpi Racing Team founder and team boss Cyril Volpi congratulated Tutino's result live on Channel 44.

"I would like to congratulate Tutino on their result... it's good to see them do this well." Volpi said.
"It's good to see someone like them do well."

Henton Rallies to Fourth, Clévenot Encouraged By Pace

If you had asked either of the Lynxe Racing drivers if they expected to finish fourth entering the Round of Georgia, it isn't likely that either of them would have said "yes". Englishwoman Divina Henton fulfilled that goal, taking a 4th place for Lynxe Racing in what has been a very strong start to the season for the team.

"We weren't that fast in practice, really... I can't believe we got as far as we did without something going wrong." Henton said after the race.
"I'm so proud of all the men and women on this team that have made this team a reality... I feel gutted for Mélanie, but this was so encouraging to do this well."

Despite an early exit from a strong fifth, Clévenot did not appear very disappointed with her early exit. On the contrary, she seemed to have a boost in confidence.

"We could be ... podium maybe? Second, third? But that isn't what was important today... what was important is that we were really fast and we can do it!! We'll be on the podium by the end of this year at this rate, even better maybe, fingers crossed!" a beaming Clévenot told Channel 44 reporters.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Mon May 13, 2013 11:43 am

Tom Moore Celebrates After 6th Place Finish

Before coming into the year, Tom Moore was unsure of how well he would fare on the road courses. To his surprise, his offseason testing paid off. Moore moved through the field at a steady pace all day long, and he ended up finishing directly behind his Lycoia manufacturer teammate, Greg Woodard. This gives Moore a solid start for his run at the second Independent's Trophy. Moore told us, "This was as perfect of a day we could have had here at Road Atlanta. The crew did an awesome job on the pit stops and tuned the car up perfectly. I felt comfortable driving the car all day long. I hope we can keep this up come Karjala and Ohio."
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nascar9fan Tue May 14, 2013 5:27 am

Adams scores first TM Master Cup Top 10
'Feels good to get my first top 10 finish, & I hope to score a few more this year. But I'll be happy with any points paying result, which I've started doing already this year. I'm glad Star Nemoto Racing gave me this opportunity to prove myself, & top 10's like this help give back my gratitude towards the team.'
Nascar9fan
Nascar9fan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Tue May 14, 2013 6:57 am

Wernström pleased by "encouraging" Melrose run, back Jaeger
Following the Round of Georgia, Wernström Motorsport's TMMC boss Gerhard Pietsch was ecstatic with the run put in by Daniel Melrose, which saw the former Formula A star run inside the top 10. Unfortunately, an active time penalty set the Australian back to 17th by the time he finished. The finish is the best thus far for a Wernström 256.

"Obviously, it's disappointing to see Daniel lose a potential top 10 due to a collision, but it is very encouraging to see him race so strongly on his TM Master Cup debut," Pietsch stated after the race.

While Melrose was busy capturing all the praise, Jaeger, who scored Wernström's first ever point in TM Master Cup competition, had a troubled outing. Contact early in the race upset the balance of the 256 car, leaving Friedrich to be hounded by quicker cars all throughout the race. This eventually led to controversial contact with 4-time Formula A champion Peter Short, who was also being lapped by Greg Woodard. Woodard lost a certain podium finish as a result, which led to Jaeger being called to the TMMC officials after the race. No action has been taken thus far.

If that wasn't enough, the 256 team was embroiled in further controversy after the race, as it seemed Frank Azure and his FAC Motorsports team took offense to the contact with Jaeger. The two crews engaged in a bit of a brawl post-race, though this was overshadowed by the bigger brawl between the race-contending 3 and 4 crews.

"Unfortunately, Friedrich did not have the same luck, he struggled with set-up issues in practice, and the early contact with the 46 meant his car's aerodynamics were badly compromised. I don't know what Frank Azure and his crew were thinking, though. He came over here with all those crew guys, shouting something at Friedrich, then the next thing I know there was a fight. Thankfully, the officials were able to break it up before too late, but it was still ridiculous. It was pretty clear they came over with the intention of starting something, but I don't know what they hoped to accomplish. Perhaps Frank Azure should try anger management?

As for the contact with Short and Woodard, all I will say is that Wernström Motorsport backs Friedrich in this matter. Woodard was careless in the manner in which he tried to lap Short and Friedrich, and he paid for it. I have known Friedrich for many, many years, and I believe he did everything he felt he could to avoid that contact."

When asked about the rumours which suggested that Jaeger may be forced out of the car, Pietsch immediately rubbished the rumours.

"Friedrich is contracted as a Wernström Motorsport driver until the end of 2013. There are no clauses which can be used to terminate it before then, assuming we even wanted to. He had a difficult day, this is true, but we remain confident that he will display the skill he showed at Dectaur last year."

Wernström's next outing will be at the Göteborgs Motorbana for the Round of Sweden on April 14. However, it is also rumoured that Darren Cardel, one-half of MRT's TM Lights team, is looking to make his debut as a Promoter's Option entry at the Round of England.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Race 03: Round of Georgia Empty Rodriguez on Road Atlanta

Post by JINXaPHRENIC Fri May 17, 2013 2:33 am

"I'm not even going to try to lie. I've not had the best of weekends. First the TM Lites car pops while in second which eliminated our first real chance of a good finish. Then I had a horrible qualifying run that set me towards the back. After all that, I let my frustrations get the best of me and over aggressively drove the car to the point that when a slower car in front of me made a mistake I was too close and in too bad of a position to bail out and save the car. I want to sincerely apologize to every car involved in that wreck as I feel it was entirely my fault. I wish everyone luck at the next round." -Jinx Rodriguez
JINXaPHRENIC
JINXaPHRENIC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down