Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michigan Pre-Race Thread

+16
PKligBKFan
Vincent Giacalone
PYLrulz
TheRealNathNath
Backmarker
gwoodard41
navycook75
BWard
flyingturns89
Electric Wolf
RyanB06
crl
Blake Camphausen
Magus978
SnakePlissken
Cynon
20 posters

Go down

Michigan Pre-Race Thread Empty Michigan Pre-Race Thread

Post by Cynon Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:19 am

Schoffner Issues Ultimatum to MCMA

TM Master Cup Series supremo Terry Schoffner issued a public ultimatum to any team planning on boycotting the 2012 Round of Michigan on Tuesday.

"Show up and race, or have your entries for next season revoked. Not a difficult concept to understand." Schoffner said to the press.
"They'll sort out what they want to do, but they will act like adults or they won't get to race next season. I'm not too sure what their complaint is, really. The series is going back to what it was in 2001 and I thank all of our supporters for that."

Schoffner stated that three manufacturers had already pledged their support for the series, but he would not reveal who they were. Most believe that those three manufacturers are Calton-Morel, Gessler, and Volpi (whose status as a true manufacturer has always been in considerable doubt since it came to the series in 2009, making it doubtful that Volpi qualifies as a manufacturer).

Hodges-Walter Racing owners Alan Hodges and Carl Walter came out in public defense of Schoffner. Both Hodges and Walter cited the TM Master Cup series rulebook as their defense.

"The rules say that in order to change the qualifying procedure, at least 85% (rounded up) of all teams must support the measure." Hodges said.
"Carl and I are not going to just hand a bunch of teams an advantage just because of a badge on their cars. Not many of them look much like they do in the dealerships anyway, so I don't see what the big deal is."

"Gessler and Volpi have informed us that they will not allow select teams to be given provisionals for Indy, so that's enough opposition. Both Gessler and Volpi appear to be doing just fine on the track... I know the MCMA teams aren't really a threat to us." Walter stated.

Cyril Volpi was considerably more scathing and cynical when interviewed.

"Saar has enough teams to block any rules change that might harm them, which is the only reason they let BlackDiamond Racing exist in the first place. BDR uses a Saar engine, anyone with eyes can tell you that." Volpi said during a phone conversation.
"Isn't it amusing how a rule that the spoiled Detroit brats put into place now comes back to get them? I'm sad that it's going to cost some people their jobs and their drives, but I'm not surprised or saddened. The series doesn't need teams owned by brats anyway."

Carl Richter of Gessler Richter had very little to say when asked for comment.

"We at Gessler Richter will be racing at the Round of Michigan and we will defend the rules as they were at the start of the season. That is all I have to say."

As of now, only Hodges-Walter Racing, Gessler Richter, Volpi Racing Team, Team EFR, and Scuderia Tutino have confirmed they will go racing at the Round of Michigan. All four Independent's Trophy cars are also preparing to run as well.

The MCMA declined to comment.

Last edited by Cynon on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Michigan Pre-Race Thread Empty Re: Michigan Pre-Race Thread

Post by SnakePlissken Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:58 am

PSI Awaits Tonare Decision on Michigan Boycott

Power Steering Incorporated owner William Power issued a statement that the team plans to be at the Round of Michigan.
"We have every intention on being there," Power stated. " Then he added, "Depending on what Tonare decides, that is. I don't see the reason for all the hubbub myself. I'm of the opinion that if another team or manufacturer is faster than you-- then work on your own stuff to improve it and better your own organization. All this does is light a fire under us at PSI and make us even more determined to not only close the gap, but to surpass them eventually. Besides, we joined in the tire wear protest at the 2009 Round of Texas a few years back and a fat lot of good that did. I didn't want to, but Inglesby kind of made us. I vowed not to make that mistake again. Race teams race. Let's get on with it."

Last edited by SnakePlissken on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:35 pm; edited 3 times in total

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:59 am

Delgado Lands in Michigan With Intent to Race

Tom Delgado landed in the greater Detroit area today with an intention to race, whether or not the MCMA protest goes on.

"I feel bad for my fellow drivers who are being put in this situation where they will lose a paycheck and potentially a chance to run in the future. Really wish they would have gotten this done sooner and not left it all on the line here" Delgado said of the situation. "Nevertheless, I will be at the West Midland Bullring. Hopefully to take part in a race that I won last year. If we have to sit out, there will be a ton of angry drivers in the back who won't take kindly to having their paychecks and their careers ripped from them. They will be vocal, and then we'll see what's gonna happen"

Tom Delgado is currently 16th in the driver's championship having only run 5 races this season.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:33 pm

Blake Camphausen supports Master Cup, wishes MCMA to run at Michigan
Blake Camphausen, driver of the #15 Budwiser Saar in the TM Master Cup series landed in Michigan, and headed to the track when he heard the news of the Ultimatum. "I for one support the Master Cup Series in this. I don't know about everyone else, but I am a racer, and I came to Michigan to race. It will be a shame if the race doesn't go on." Said Camphausen.
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:47 pm

Kraig Mummert: "I have a wife [fellow racer Jennifer Putnam] who is due to give birth to our first child, a son, in about six, seven weeks. I need to race at Michigan to keep money flowing into the checking account for some last minute stuff before the birth. This boycott is ridiculous. We need to race because it's what the fans want to see. They don't care about all the closed-door politics; they want to watch a race."

MT Motorsports owner Fred Caldwell: "I've talked with Kraig about this possible boycott, and he doesn't want it. He wants to race. I told him, if his team does boycott, I'll get this Omecha chassis I have in our shop race-ready, and we'll go to Michigan, and he can race, if the TM Master Cup officials allowed it."

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
Michigan Pre-Race Thread NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:14 pm

Ryan Matthews:

"I used to think MCMA had a point in this whole thing. I don't anymore. This saber-rattling has to stop, because it isn't doing anyone any good. And it's the drivers - and by extension, the fans - who are the innocent parties in all of this. I've read about Texas, and this could be many times worse. I just hope cooler heads prevail and we can go racing."
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:40 am

Several Teams Announce Intentions to Boycott 2012 Round of Michigan

After their measure to mandate provisional positions for dealership cars failed, the MCMA announced that its teams and drivers would be boycotting the 2012 Round of Michigan.

"We can no longer tolerate the continued attacks on the stars and cars that have made the series what it has become." a statement by the MCMA said.
"In order to express the severity of the impact rules changes have had on our business, we have decided to boycott the Michigan race of this season. We hope that series organizers and fans learn that our participation is necessary to ensure a more stable long-term future for the TM Master Cup series."

Teams that were listed as boycotting the race included Team Saar USA, Mitchell & Sons Racing, BlackDiamond Racing, FLASH Racing, Owen DeGarmo Enterprises, Xenos Racing, Majestic Motorsports, and Star Team Nemoto.

Mysteriously, however, Star Team Nemoto's name was wiped from the list several hours later, with neither the MCMA or Star Team Nemoto commenting on it.

None of the 7 teams that are boycotting the race appear to be selling their entries for the 2012 Round of Michigan, which means that the race will only feature 22 cars. As a result, they have lost their guaranteed entries for the 2013 season.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:50 am

PSI Offers Rides to Roderick, Delgado

PSI owner William Power came out and offered Leonid Roderick and Tom Delgado rides in the upcoming Round of Michigan.
"Since the field is down to 22 cars and we know our two are already in anyways. We'd like to offer our backup cars to Leonid and Tom if the details could be worked out in time. Tom should be allowed to defend his title and we would cherish any opportunity to work with Roderick in any capacity," Power stated.

Last edited by SnakePlissken on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:36 am

I know I'm not a user with a driver actively in TMMC, but I'm noticing this. Is the drama with the MCMA going to cause an ASCC buyout of the Master Cup series? If so, payback for them from the 1970's or whenever they were bought out. The bigger question: what would the reasoning be behind the Master Cup Series' demise? Lack of interest? Personal occurrences? Shifting more interest towards ASCC? There's a boatload of possibilities. However, what I like about the MCMA situation (almost the only thing I like about it) is that you've developed such a detailed storyline to lead to a potential collapse and not just a headline about the ASCC suddenly purchasing TMMC only two or three races in. I respect that.

But I could be wrong in saying that the stability of TMMC is in danger. Perhaps the MCMA will collapse and Master Cup will return to it's normal state. That is definitely a possibility. As well as the ASCC getting involved in the fiasco, either supporting or opposing the MCMA boycott, although that's pretty unlikely. But from where I see this, the TMMC won't remain for too much longer if this continues.

I do not mean to criticize Cynon or the TM Master Cup Series with this "essay". Just to state an opinion.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:40 am

Casey Lester wrote:I know I'm not a user with a driver actively in TMMC, but I'm noticing this. Is the drama with the MCMA going to cause an ASCC buyout of the Master Cup series? If so, payback for them from the 1970's or whenever they were bought out. The bigger question: what would the reasoning be behind the Master Cup Series' demise? Lack of interest? Personal occurrences? Shifting more interest towards ASCC? There's a boatload of possibilities. However, what I like about the MCMA situation (almost the only thing I like about it) is that you've developed such a detailed storyline to lead to a potential collapse and not just a headline about the ASCC suddenly purchasing TMMC only two or three races in. I respect that.

But I could be wrong in saying that the stability of TMMC is in danger. Perhaps the MCMA will collapse and Master Cup will return to it's normal state. That is definitely a possibility. As well as the ASCC getting involved in the fiasco, either supporting or opposing the MCMA boycott, although that's pretty unlikely. But from where I see this, the TMMC won't remain for too much longer if this continues.

I do not mean to criticize Cynon or the TM Master Cup Series with this "essay". Just to state an opinion.

I think a new generation is just coming in. I posted posted what I will happen in the Twitter thread. Probably ain't that easy though.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:46 am

Cynon wrote:Several Teams Announce Intentions to Boycott 2012 Round of Michigan

None of the 7 teams that are boycotting the race appear to be selling their entries for the 2012 Round of Michigan, which means that the race will only feature 22 cars. As a result, they have lost their guaranteed entries for the 2013 season.

Just trying to get my head around this, but the teams that are boycotting the Round of Michigan are not gonna race in the TMMC in 2013?!
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:52 am

Hey, Zach. I'm at Knoe wl's right now. No joke. XD
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:57 am

Casey Lester wrote:I know I'm not a user with a driver actively in TMMC, but I'm noticing this. Is the drama with the MCMA going to cause an ASCC buyout of the Master Cup series? If so, payback for them from the 1970's or whenever they were bought out. The bigger question: what would the reasoning be behind the Master Cup Series' demise? Lack of interest? Personal occurrences? Shifting more interest towards ASCC? There's a boatload of possibilities. However, what I like about the MCMA situation (almost the only thing I like about it) is that you've developed such a detailed storyline to lead to a potential collapse and not just a headline about the ASCC suddenly purchasing TMMC only two or three races in. I respect that.

Or you could be over thinking a storyline which is probably more being done to get rid of teams he doesn't want in the series any more, or something alittle more rational.
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:57 am

Casey Lester wrote:Hey, Zach. I'm at Knoe wl's right now. No joke. XD
wrong thread much?
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:42 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:

Just trying to get my head around this, but the teams that are boycotting the Round of Michigan are not gonna race in the TMMC in 2013?!

That's totally fair. If they can't man up and race cause one team is dominating, then why are they there.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:48 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:

That's totally fair. If they can't man up and race cause one team is dominating, then why are they there.

In fact the only reason why Devereux and Soveral are, well, pretty much more dominant than the rest of the field is that it's not them, it might their cars. IMO, This season has turned into shades of the F1 season in 2004, when Michael Schumacher was winning race after race after race. I have a scary feeling that the TMMC might not continue on in the near future if this carries on.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:19 pm

Guys, the TMMC isn't going to end because of the MCMA issue, this is essentially a change up to the series. Don't worry about it.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:28 pm

gwoodard41 wrote:Guys, the TMMC isn't going to end because of the MCMA issue, this is essentially a change up to the series. Don't worry about it.

I know but the fact is a lot of big Teams in the Series won't be back in 2013, which will because they and their drivers are much beloved by the fans too. And also one last thing and PLEASE forgive me for saying this cod' I may sound like a bit of jerk,but what does MCMA stand for?
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:30 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:
gwoodard41 wrote:Guys, the TMMC isn't going to end because of the MCMA issue, this is essentially a change up to the series. Don't worry about it.

I know but the fact is a lot of big Teams in the Series won't be back in 2013, which will because they and their drivers are much beloved by the fans too. And also one last thing and PLEASE forgive me for saying this cod' I may sound like a bit of jerk,but what does MCMA stand for?
Master Cup Manufacturer's Association.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRealNathNath Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:32 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:

Master
Cup
Manufacturers
Association
TheRealNathNath
TheRealNathNath
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:35 pm

Steudler will attempt to field a car for Michigan if allowed

After several teams announced to pull out of the Round of Michigan, Scott Steudler announced he would see if he can attempt to field his own entry for the race.

"I am highly disappointed in the MCMA's decision to boycott Michigan. What they are essentially doing is screwing over the fans, and I cannot support that at all. If this means being kicked out of my ride, so be it. I have Hershey's backing on whatever I do, and I will do whatever legally possible to field an entry for Michigan, if for the fans, and my family that come to see me race at Michigan"

Steudler is in talks to see if he can field an entry, and if so, will field a car he had built before his team shut down. It is also believed he has assembled volunteer crew members to help if he races.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:52 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:

They still could, but they aren't 100% sure to.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:05 pm

Jeff Lautenschlager Hoping to Field a Car for Son

After noticing the amount of teams who have withdrawn a spot in the Round of Michigan, Jeff Lautenschlager is willing to enter a car for his son Tyson who has run multiple events in the Master Cup on a limited basis since 2009.

Jeff Lautenschlager: "We've noticed there's a lack of Master Cup cars entered in the Round of Michigan due to a lot of cars pulling out. I'd be more than happy to put my son in a car for the race if TMMC officials allow it. We have a little bit of sponsorship lined up in this case."

Tyson Lautenschlager: "As soon as my dad told me about the lack of cars attempting Michigan I said 'LET'S DO IT!' and we spoke to a few different companies and they agreed we would try to do it assuming the Master Cup officials clear our entry to race. I had no scheduled TMMC races this year so this one opportunity was a big deal for me."
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:40 pm

Pushanda, worried about his ride?

Vijay Pushanda has been driving the 42 Tutino, from the 2011 Round of Japan, through The Round of Wales, excluding the season opener at Las Vegas, with the MCMA announcing intentions to boycott the Round of Michigan. His drive might be threatened by drivers buying his ride. Pushanda stated, "You can't not be worried, I live to race, and now I feel like I might not be apart of the Round of Michigan. I have kept my silence on the MCMA issue because; I really don't know the details of the issue. Whatever happens, happens, if I do lose my ride, I hopefully can jump back to my ARLA car, however I will take all offers from any TM Master Cup Series team if my ride were to be taken. We here at Tutino have a great group of guys and girls working for us, and I would hate to turn my back on it." Pushanda has driven his underpowered Tutino to be a significant threat for points, his best finish was 11th in his debut, and more recently scored 13th in the 2012 Round of Russia.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRacingExperts Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:08 pm

Nikos Kastapolous Asking TMMC for a Piece of the Action

Karjala Grand Prix One-Off Entry and ARLA Elite Series driver Nikos Kastapolous has become the next driver to try and salvage one of the vacancies opened up by the MCMA's boycott of the Round of Michigan, driving the #720 Ironic Debt Reductors / TheRacingExperts.com car he unsuccessfully attempted to run into Karjala. Said Kastapolous to reporters:
"We would like to run the car to see what kind of things we can learn driving on a bigger stage. Not a lot of people would necesarily want an ARLA rookie to be put in this situation, you know, I get that but, I feel like it would be a real shame at such a level of popularity that the TM Master Cup Series is for the fans up in Michigan to see only 22 cars going for the win like it's a home track event or something. So, you know, we got the sponsorship that we did at Karjala, they're on board, the boys at Carcia-Aragon Motorsports salvaged our Karjala equipment and everything since we wanna do Decatur & Indy anyways so, we're ready to race, man. I wanna follow Belen Kumondourous's footsteps and take the Greek Flag to TM." (Note: Belen Kumondourous is currently the only Greek driver to have ever run in the TM Master Cup Series)
The team is still waiting on the response from TM Master Cup Officials.
TheRacingExperts
TheRacingExperts
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

http://www.theracingexperts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketKnight Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:21 pm

all i want is that we will still have the popular american teams in 2013. (Team Saar USA, Mitchell and Sons, FLASH Racing)
RocketKnight
RocketKnight
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/BlueThunderfanracing

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:57 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:Just trying to get my head around this, but the teams that are boycotting the Round of Michigan are not gonna race in the TMMC in 2013?!

From what I understand, they can still race in 2013 but they will lose their automatic locked in position status as it were.

BlueThunderfan wrote:all i want is that we will still have the popular american teams in 2013. (Team Saar USA, Mitchell and Sons, FLASH Racing)

You left out the most important one-- Power Steering Incorporated! Laughing

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:18 pm

Blake Camphausen wrote:

Or you could be over thinking a storyline which is probably more being done to get rid of teams he doesn't want in the series any more, or something alittle more rational.

I love how I make this huge statement, thinking I'm right and Blake makes a completely valid statement in one sentence, making me feel stupid. Laughing Anyway, disregard that. Michigan should be interesting.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:39 pm

PSI Resubmits Max Goose's Application

With the Round of Michigan fielding only about 22 cars, PSI resubmitted Australian relief driver Max Goose's application for a license to join the TMMC. Goose was denied his Master Cup license back when Kurt Plissken was suspended. No details as to why have been uncovered at this time.

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:25 pm

Roderick Confirms He Will Leave FLASH At Season's End

While he wasn't planning on racing this weekend, Leonid Roderick confirmed something most had known for some time. Roderick will leave FLASH Racing at the end of the season, the team he has driven for ever since his rookie season in 1999.

"Time for a change of scenery, you know?" Roderick said.
"I've got two or three good offers on the table, but I think in a few of those occasions I'd be kind of walking into a team that's formed around someone else."

Reports are that Roderick could bring the current Inglesby Sonicboom design with him to another team.

Tonare and Tenchi?

Another hot rumor circulating the garage is that Tonare's electrifying presence as a sports car marque may be after the equally-electrifying Japanese driver, Yamino Tenchi. Tenchi has one win to her credit, coming at Texas in 2011, and has recorded some strong results in the DeGarmo Juneaus this year.

What wasn't confirmed is whether Tonare would stick with PSI or go with another team.

Davenport, Sykes and Launch Energy?

Some reports have the following three names juxtaposed for the 2013 campaign; Chris Davenport, Volpi, and Launch Energy. The very colorful Californian has reportedly signed a deal with Launch Energy, which could line him up alongside Michael Sykes at Volpi Racing Team.

Launch Energy did suggest that they would not be against sponsoring two different drivers in two different teams, but indicated they would prefer sponsoring two drivers in the same team.

The energy drink reportedly will still retain its relationship with Welsh hero Michael Sykes for 2013.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Sykes Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:08 pm

Excerpt from Podcast Tonight:

Ellen Rigby: ...finding a way out of the shop, if you see this man please contact crimeshield online, or via your apps. Steve?

Steve Wisner: Thank's Ellen, now onto sport and it's been a hectic month for Michael Sykes as he returns to the States to begin the second half of the TM Master Cup season, however there has been a worrying political movement amongst the leading manufacturers in the Championship, Earlier on I was able to talk to him via skype as he arrived at West Midlands Bullring, only to find his team were not there:

<shhhooom> "PODCAST TONIGHT"....

Michael Sykes: I'm a bit annoyed, well, yeah, annoyed.

Steve Wisner: It's not good news to end a good string of weekends for you.

MS: Exactly, the win in Russia, then the best day of my racing life, there were big rumours about what was going to be happening here and naturally I was going to be concerned, I want to race here not be third wheeling it, so I asked the guys at FLASH, who immediately shrugged it all off and just said "Dont worry, no matter what the decision will be, we'll race", I turn up here, Laughing Stock, I'm here in my Launch Shirt and Jeans looking like a right Tw<BEEEP>t.

SW: What's the plan now?

MS: Well obviously I'm not racing, If I could run what I brung then I'd give the GT-K a blast around here, but its <frustrated exhale> I'm so angry I could tweet something stupid...

SW:.....Cabbages?....

MS:Noooo, no dont be daft, this is much worse than that.

<FzztFzztFzzt> "Steve Wisner on Podcast Tonight"

SW: So Sykesy finished 21st in Michigan last year and clearly that's not going to get improved upon this year, and we'll hope to bring you some more positive news in a few weeks time as a fully fledged TM Grid will take to Quebec like a duck to water. Now onto Rugby and a great day for Llanelli Scarlets as they faced the favourites Stade Reims in the European...
Michael Sykes
Michael Sykes

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:49 am

Plissken Living in Garage!

Rumors have swirled that Kurt Plissken has been living in the PSI garage. The rumors have turned out to be true! Plissken has suspected a saboteur has been tampering with his equipment and after the Round of Wales stated "Andy [Anthony] and my cars are coming out of the same garage and using the same parts. His are doing fine, but mine blow up on the pace lap?! Something's just not right. I'm suspicious for sure. I'm not letting the car outta my sight. I'll be sleeping in the damn thing until the race from now on."

Evidently Kurt Plissken is a man of his word. He also plans on riding inside the transport rig to ensure that no one tampers with his car before the Round of Michigan. Evidently Plissken doesn't trust electronic surveillance systems either and is making good his vow keep a vigil over his car until race day.

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:15 am

Andrews: Give Clévenot a Drive

During practice for the Round of Michigan, Lance Andrews seemed to be campaigning for Swiss TM Europe driver Mélanie Clévenot to take one of the two available cars.

"There's guys like Nathan Ferguson and Ebenezer Quiggles who are working for a championship, but I honestly think Mélanie Clévenot is an ideal pick for a team looking to make a mid-season switch.

Andrews elaborated his reasoning for endorsing the Swiss sensation.

"She's all but wrapped the TM Europe title up, she's got a bit of cash, and she's talented. I'm thinking of Thomas Mitchell's team in particular, or Majestic Motorsports, who really will need to get their driver situation sorted out quickly."

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down