Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emmy Award-winning actor Andre Braugher to narrate opening teases for all 20 Modified Division races, plus All-Star race, on WSBC in 2012

2 posters

Go down

Emmy Award-winning actor Andre Braugher to narrate opening teases for all 20 Modified Division races, plus All-Star race, on WSBC in 2012 Empty Emmy Award-winning actor Andre Braugher to narrate opening teases for all 20 Modified Division races, plus All-Star race, on WSBC in 2012

Post by crl Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:30 am

(OOC: For anyone who stumbles onto this through a Google search, it's completely fictional.)

Actor Andre Braugher, who won an Emmy for his time on Homicide: Life on the Street, has become quite the voiceover artist in the last few years. Braugher's voice opened the last three Olympics (the 2006 and 2010 Winter Games in Torino, Italy and Vancouver, respectively, as well as the 2008 Summer Games in Beijing) for NBC, and he also narrated a pre-kickoff tease for this past Sunday's Super Bowl, which also aired on NBC.

Now, CRL fans will hear Braugher's voice open every race weekend this upcoming Modified Division season on the league's TV broadcaster, WSBC. Braugher will also narrate a short, one-minute tease before the field rolls out onto the track for the green flag at each race. Braugher and WSBC have agreed to a contract that will see the actor voice over teases for all 20 Modified Division races, as well as the All-Star Race at Bowman-Gray on July 1.

"It's awesome having Andre on board," said Peter Wallace, executive producer of WSBC's CRL coverage. "He has a voice that puts him close to James Earl Jones and Morgan Freeman. I think CRL fans will love hearing him at the start of every race weekend, and just before each race."

CRL President Josh McCollum reacted positively to the news.

"Andre Braugher is an incredible actor with a great voice. It'll be fantastic having him associated with our sport."

Braugher recently co-starred (alongside Scott Bakula and Ray Romano) in TNT's Men of a Certain Age, which garnered Braugher an Emmy nomination in its two seasons on the air. He was recently cast as the lead in the pilot Last Resort, which is scheduled to air on ABC.

(OOC: Samples of Braugher's VO work:

and:
)
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Emmy Award-winning actor Andre Braugher to narrate opening teases for all 20 Modified Division races, plus All-Star race, on WSBC in 2012 Empty Re: Emmy Award-winning actor Andre Braugher to narrate opening teases for all 20 Modified Division races, plus All-Star race, on WSBC in 2012

Post by flyingturns89 Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:41 pm

I coulda done my Morgan Freeman impersonation for you if you needed it. I'm not trying to make a joke or anything, I actually do a Morgan Freeman impersonation.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down