How did you get involved in EFR

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How did you get involved in EFR

Post by f1fan12 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:18 am

What led you to EFR. Was it a Master Cup Race, ARLA Race, VSCC Race, or another reason, be specific. I also think we should give credit to our league owners so, thanks, my life would be more boring then it already is, without you guys.. Very Happy

Here's how I found EFR, I was on the internet on my labtop at my motorhome in August of 08, I had just gotten home from the hospital because of an atshma attack and sinus infection, bored with nothing to do, and not feeling the greatest, I had found this game on youtube called nr2003 and I saw some leagues, I liked them, and for the next few days I serched these until I found the 2008 TM Master Cup Series round of Daytona, I saw their were more races so I watched them and immeditally I was hooked, a few weeks later, I went on his channel and found a website, went on it didn't look like much, since I didn't find the forum, and kept following it, started watching ARLA and at that time I didn't know they were related, got on the forum, but it kicked me off saying "you don't belong here." So I never checked it till Mid 2009. Cynon said he screwed up that because he thought someone hacked the forum. Anyway I showed back up on old EFR, really nervous because right before I joined, I looked at the Garbage can, and Cynon actually seemed quite intimidating. Laughing Anyway, I bucked up the courage joined, and in my introduction thred the first person to post after me was Cynon, so, thats my EFR story.

P.S: I never could belive back then that in 2011, one of my created drivers actually made two Master Cup starts and even get a top 20 in his first start.
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How did you get involved in EFR

Post by gwoodard41 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:25 am

I joined EFR by a weird way:

I found the link to the templates page when I was trying to find a custom chassis to use in the NSSCRA (however I wound up making the Brute) after the season was over with, I wondered what that site was with the templates. I found the link again and then went to the options at the top of the page, I looked through the downloads sections, and then I found the forum option.

I clicked and joined, and that's pretty much how I got on EFR.

And now I have racked up a proportionate amount of posts for the forum in the short time I've been here.
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:13 am

I just came across one of Cynon's races, had in hankering to get back into something like this (on a forum I was on years back, we had did something similar before some forum mod went all facist and did not allow anything "off topic"), and eventally got involved in this.
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:49 am

My Journey to this fun place began about 3 or 4 years ago.

Like f1fan, I stumbled upon Cy's video by looking up NR2003 videos. The first videos I saw of Cy's? The GRL videos. The first TMMCS videos I saw were the 2008 ones.

Yet, I didn't follow the link to the forum until later 2009. Even then I didn't really get involved in the site until about a year ago.
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:28 pm

PYLrulz sent me here. Blame him for my being here Razz
Magus978
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:30 pm

Back in 08 or 09, I heard Denny Hamilin say something about NR2003 in an interview. He talked about how realistic it was, and it got me interested. I watched some crash compilations of it on Youtube and thought they were pretty cool. However, I wanted to know more about the racing. I found a link to the TMMC race at Daytona where Johnnie Ada won. I watched the whole season in two days. I was hooked. After clicking on Cynon's profile I saw the link to the site. I clicked on it, and immersed myself into the forum. In my introduction topic, two users got into a bit of a flame war, so I became a little intimidated. After just stalking the forums for a while, I really got into them after Cynon accepted my TM Junior Series entry. (That was a pretty rough season because Thomas Moore drove like Kevin Conway...) I still hope to get a TMMC bid some day.
JMac525
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:48 pm

Back in 07, I race looking through random NR2003 videos when I found this fictional league called ARLA. After watching a few more of Ceej's videos I was instantly hooked. Through those videos I found EFR and through that found the TM Master Cup Series. I've been following the forum since then but being the shy person I am, I didn't join until this past August.
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceej on Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:35 pm

I stumbled upon the GRL in 2006 when Cooper was posting those races at NNRacing. At the time, I had been running a 13-car offline league for my personal use. About midway through the first TM Cup season, I joined what soon became EFR and began running a new incarnation of my league, the Smash Beer 6-Speed Stocks. That league became ARLA after some computer problems, and here we are in 2012.
Ceej
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FlashRod4 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:08 pm

I Was looking for Nascar videos at daytona and stumbled upon 2008 round of Daytona. I still didn't follow it up until 2009 Round of Canada when Ryan Nawrocki pulled his stunt.

I'm still looking to get involved but at this point in time I don't possess the time or materials to make cars and such. My parents haven't gotten me my own computer yet.
FlashRod4
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:58 pm

Like most people here, I started out by searching through some NR2003 videos around 8-9 months ago, and eventually I came across a TM Master Cup Series race (2009 Karjala Grand Prix, I believe). At first I thought it was an online league, but then I realized that all of the drivers were fictional. I'd never heard of a fictional offline league, but I thought the idea was pretty original. I found the 2010 season and watched it all until I caught up with it around Decatur. I continued to follow the league until around August, when I finally got around to checking out the forums. It gave a whole new layer of depth to the series I'd been watching all that time, and in early September I signed up.

The rest, as they say, is history.
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton on Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:19 pm

I found the forum after Cynon posted something about the TM Master Cup series on F1rejects.
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:51 pm

I first got involved in NR2003 when I watched a video from fcfguitarist and his Spencer Cunningham commentaries, after that I searched on youtube for more commentaries and I ran into Coopers old GRL videos, I watched every single video and I thought "I want to join that". so I went on his profile and looked for a website, found the link, which sent me here, and here I am. I joined on December 5th 2007, which is strange beacause I reported on board my ship one year to that day.....

I feel old now.......
navycook75
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:08 pm

I found a TMMC video in like 2007, then I joined like 2009.
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nepatsfan02 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:28 pm

saw the TMMC 2008 daytona videos then i joined like two years later
nepatsfan02
Development Driver
Development Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygy on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:10 am

I joined EFR the same way that Ceej did; I saw Cooper's GRL videos when he was uploading them to nnracing. Watching his league was actually what inspired me to start my own league with a 42-car field that was the precursor to the PCC Cup Series. In the middle of the first TM Cup season, I entered my #07 7up Pontiac (which some of you may remember as the car that killed everyone at Talladega), joined the forum (which I found through Cooper's Youtube page), and the rest is history.

Online Wins: 3 (Most Recent: F5 @ New York Street Course 2/10/2017) THE STREAK IS OVER
Online Poles: 4 (Most Recent: F5 @ Gravis City 9/2/2016)
I eat the weeb pizza.
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by teamwhiper on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:02 am

I First saw the TM Master Cup series in 2008,when I searched Formula One,which lead to Grand Prix 4,which led to NR2003,and finally a TM Master Cup video (2008 Seattle,for those who are interested.) link next to a crash video.I was intrigued because the thumbnail pic looked like a computer game,so I clicked on it and started following the TM Master Cup up until mid '09 when I joined.

I also followed ARLA vids before joining and I remember seeing an RROL vid as well but I remember it as being "too boring".That was when I was 11.
teamwhiper
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackout on Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:18 am

I remember finding this site while looking for fatal crashes (don't ask, i was like 12 at the time and crashes of that particular nature intrigued me somewhat.), when i stumbled upon the vid of Steve Marshall's fatal crash.
I then clicked on his page and watched some of his 2008 races (Daytona, Karjala, to name a few), stumbled upon this site, NR2003 (which i used to play untill recently), and made an account.
It would take me about a year or so to get into an offline league (which was ARLA).
It would take me about another year to reach around 400-500 posts on the former EFR site.
Three years on, I'm 15 now. I've been at EFR for quite some time, gone around to other forums.
But this forum is the one I seem to always come back to.
Must be the friendly users and welcoming environment (although i will admit Cynon's posting style did intimidate me somewhat back then)
So, that's the basic bread and butter story on how i found EFR.
Blackout
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:26 am

From what I can gather from all the posts, we are just a bunch of misfits who by our common love of NR2003 and racing and of course Cy's videos made it here.

And so I offer a toast to the EFR forum and the people behind it, here's to 2012 and more great years to come.

*Downs glass of wine* Now how about some drunk karaoke?
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackout on Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:08 am

I can't drink yet........AH SCREW IT *grabs three kegs of beer with horrendous amount of superhuman strength and drinks from them*
Blackout
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta on Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:16 am

Searching through random nr03 videos and found Cooper's TM Cup league (which i had thought was an online league at first) one of the few people at the time that did commentaries for nr03...So watched the whole season of TM Cup and eventually found ARLA. Found EFR in one of the videos and signed up. Really wasn't too active until a forum i was an admin on imploded on itself. And here i am.

Also it's cool to know that i chat with both Coop and Ceej on a daily basis with teamspeak. Razz
Alta
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:36 am

I've known F1Fan12 for a number of years (we go to the same high school) and he told me about the TM Master Cup Series in late 2008-early 2009. I remember the first video I saw was the 2008 Estoril qualifying race where Matt Smith and Arto Kekkonen collided in turn one. I was hooked from there. I also remember the big accident caused by Joel Rodriguez at Chicagoland in 2009 and the thrilling finish between Kurt Walker and the #45 car (I don't remember who drove it: Carlos Donzelo or Todd Stanton). I also began watching ARLA and RROL races in about 2010. I followed the forum in this time but didn't join until late 2010 if I remember correctly. I signed up for the PCC Cup and VSCC. I never imagnined that I would get a driver in the TM Master Cup Series as quickly as I did. And here I am now...
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

View user profile http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:27 am

I actually stumbled Nick kozoro's videos when he was doing crash compilations by looking up nr2003 on youtube. I watched it then the Twilight 200 race was in the suggestions. That was when ARLA was the SBES. Really enjoyed it. Found it interesting and comical. Delgado was my favourite at the time. That changed quickly. Laughing
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

View user profile http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovenami on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:47 am

I was minding my own business on YouTube, trying to find a video to watch and I stumbled upon Ceej's SB6SS Rockingham race, then the TM Cup series and GRL and the rest was.... well let's just say I've watched every single TM Master,Lights, Junior, ARLA Elite, Thunder Trucks and Street Stocks video, yes even Ceej's early ARLA videos
Rovenami
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:58 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:I actually stumbled Nick kozoro's videos when he was doing crash compilations by looking up nr2003 on youtube. I watched it then the Twilight 200 race was in the suggestions. That was when ARLA was the SBES. Really enjoyed it. Found it interesting and comical. Delgado was my favourite at the time. That changed quickly. Laughing

Admit it, I'm still one of your favorites Wink
Magus978
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:14 pm

I actually stumbled across ARLA at first in 2008, and kept watching the videos and then thought to myself "I gotta be in this league." so then I went to the forum, posted 1 thing, then never shown up until I remembered about EFR in late 2009/early 2010, and haven't left since Razz

NR2003 Online Wins: 121 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
NR2003 Online Poles: 80 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 19 (Latest - NASCAR Trucks at Daytona [06/30/17])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)

Nico Nico Nii.
Ben Atkins
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRealNathNath on Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:07 pm

I watched many Stop Motion races. One "related video" was the 8th race of the National Dirt Trucks. That's why I'm kinda sad the series is defunct.
TheRealNathNath
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:45 pm

TMMC was actually the introduction to NR2003, I had no idea what it was beforehand. Good enough for me.

Last edited by pennst24 on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
pennst24
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:22 pm

I found the ARLA All-Star weekend from Green Valley and that got me hooked on all the other leagues.
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:06 am

As I stated on the old forum, I had been watching TMMC for a while (Six years I believe, before all the makes were fictional). Wasn't until I asked about getting into the series that I was directed towards EFR and well here I am.
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by F1V1 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:22 pm

Back in 07' I was part of a forum called SNW. A couple members from there were interested in offline leagues and they recommended that I should sign up at EFR. I registered on the old forum in 07' as well but it wasn't until a few months into 2008 that I got into posting and participating on it.
F1V1
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:41 pm

I think it was 2008, couple weeks before the Cup season began, was searching YouTube for random NASCAR videos, and came across Ceej's 2008 predictions video for ARLA. Over the next couple months, I started following his videos, and started to come to EFR, just to see what it looked like, what was on it, things like that. Then I found out that there were other leagues like it, like TM Master Cup, and a couple others. Finally got the guts to sign up December 3, 2009, ironically two years before the date from when I got banned from TeamSpeak.
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:33 am

Like many others, I got bored searching nr2003 videos one day on YouTube and came upon cynon's channel and videos back in '07, which was when I was 14 years old at the time. I thought the idea of an offline, fictional league was really cool, having the fictional manufacturers, drivers, tracks, some sponsors, etc. I also followed cynon's opinions on racing in general being that he would always bring up a TON of good points and facts about racing. I later lost interest in the league for whatever reason and started watching the TMMC videos again was when I started watching the reaction videos that Alta would post on YouTube, being that cynon was part of the ISRA teamspeak. Then I realized the EFR website while on cynon's channel a couple of months ago and noticed a number of guys from the teamspeak were members on here and that's when I decided to join this forum and put an entry in the TM Lights. Smile

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia on Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:02 pm

Back in spring of 08, I was home on the computer looking at old Nascar crashes or something, and saw a video called the TM Master Cup. I watched.many videos, including some of the old TM Cup vids. I remember I had to go to a baseball game that my sister was at, and I was ticked off at my mom because I wanted to stay home and watch those cool racing videos. Well I went to the game and came home and realized that I couldn't remember what it was called. I spent that whole weekend trying to remember what it was called.

After I found it, I also found efr and justay kinda stalked it for awhile. I attempted to join twice under different names, but didn't know how to activate them, so I never really joined until I became known as rykia.
Rykia
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by antknee on Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:04 pm

One of the Founding Members. I met Johnnie Ada on NNRacing (Nascarnet at the time) and he approached Coop, Scott, and I about starting a forum/website to paint cars for the NR2003 community. I wasn't very good at the time but decided to give it a try and here we are today.

I've seen many come and go and have met quite a few great people along the way.
antknee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:58 pm

antknee wrote:One of the Founding Members. I met Johnnie Ada on NNRacing (Nascarnet at the time) and he approached Coop, Scott, and I about starting a forum/website to paint cars for the NR2003 community. I wasn't very good at the time but decided to give it a try and here we are today.

Wow, antknee, to hear you tell it, you're like one of the EFR ancients. Sitting on your throne atop your alter in your druid robe, you keep ever watchful of your subjects, the tiny townspeople below. Until one day, when your time has come to an end, you will carve your life's story into the stones of everlasting life, to be seen and looked upon in awe by future generations for centuries to come.

Or maybe I'm just over-analyzing things.
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:27 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:
antknee wrote:One of the Founding Members. I met Johnnie Ada on NNRacing (Nascarnet at the time) and he approached Coop, Scott, and I about starting a forum/website to paint cars for the NR2003 community. I wasn't very good at the time but decided to give it a try and here we are today.

Wow, antknee, to hear you tell it, you're like one of the EFR ancients. Sitting on your throne atop your alter in your druid robe, you keep ever watchful of your subjects, the tiny townspeople below. Until one day, when your time has come to an end, you will carve your life's story into the stones of everlasting life, to be seen and looked upon in awe by future generations for centuries to come.

Or maybe I'm just over-analyzing things.

^This. Laughing

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by antknee on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:40 pm

lol, nope. never said anything about be awe inspiring. Wink
antknee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Mackay on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:51 pm

dragged in by being on a ts where it was being linked to all the time/being talked about for the most part
Dan Mackay
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

View user profile http://danmackay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverNeutral on Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:41 pm

I found the ISRA Reaction videos and then found the links to Cooper and Ceej's channels on Alta's channel. I watched the TMMC and ARLA races for a little bit and then found the link to EFR on one of the channels.
NeverNeutral
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:49 pm

Last post before NeverNeutral's:

by Dan Mackay on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:51 pm

over 6 months ago... Neutral Um...

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:10 am

I remember when I was a pretty young kid. I was watching NASCAR.com videos (yes, the old school RealPlayer) and then searched for NR2K3 crashes. So i found the 2008 round of Daytona, and I literally remember being excited by it. Of course, my parents looked at me and said "wut 0_o". Then I found ARLA. And GRL. And I've now spent the last three years telling my dad THIS ISN'T JUST "FAKE RACING"! GET YOUR DARNED FACTS STRAIGHT!

Last edited by PRAWBLEMS on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ARCA? ARLA!)
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:25 pm

isra taemspeks lol
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard on Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:50 pm

You know, I know that this thread is 2 years old but I have a reason to bump it, as I've really wanted to share my thoughts on how I was brought here to begin with and for other newer members to share their travels to this Forum as well, so here goes:

Firstly, around the early part of 2008, I had started getting YouTube (Didn't create an account until March 2010), I can't remember how I came across it although I had been watching a lot of NR2003 and NR2002 Crash Comps before, but I remember the first ever TM Master Cup Series Race I watched was Talladega 2007, and then I soon came across more races such as New York Autoring 2008, and Southern Illinois 2008. Through the TM Master Cup Series, I stumbled across the then-called ARLA Elite Series about a year later, and have been enjoying the races ever since. I didn't find out about this forum until about late 2011, and eventually joined this place on January the 11th of 2012, and I can say that I am proud to be a member of this forum and to have some good friends here too. Without the TM Master Cup Series, and the Elite Series among others, I don't know what else I'd do to enjoy myself more. Very Happy
BWard
Legend
Legend

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:05 pm

Saw Alta's Youtube, after 6 months, saw his check out my friends channel thing.saw Cynon and Ceej's videos, and after a while, i decided to join EFR back in 2013, first forum i've even been on.... And since i'm still here without getting banned... I think i know what I was doing Razz
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz on Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:45 pm

The first contact that I had with EFR/GOMA people was around mid-2013 watching the 2013 Drive4Copd 300 Reactions, at the same time, totally "unrelated" to that I discovered NR2003, and still "unrelated" to that I've found out about the TM Master Cup Series and ARLA, one of the first races that I watched was the 2010 Karjala GP, and the 2012 Daytona 300.

Later in November/December 2013, I stumbled over NDG and EFR, and in November 29, the hue intensified for the first time.

And to increase the unrelated relations, I entered a random race session at HighGripWreckers a couple of weeks after I joined EFR, and found Luc, Tom, Alta, Ben and a couple more guys (whose I can't actually remember that well, I don't have the best memory of all people)  which invited me to GOMA, and the hue intensified once again.

AND IT KEEPS INTENSIFYING.
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Veni Vidi Voeckler on Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:45 pm

REJECT WORLD ORDER, motherf***ers! Razz
Veni Vidi Voeckler
Development Driver
Development Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:09 pm

I discovered YouTube and, soon afterwards, NASCAR Racing 2003 Season at the age of 12 in 2009. Having been a NASCAR fan since 2003, I spent a lot of time viewing various NR2003 videos.

Until one day I came across this one.

That was the first of Cynon’s videos that I ever saw, and right after I watched it, I found one of the videos from the 2009 TM Master Cup Series Round of Daytona. I believe that it was “Round 01f” (the one with the Roderick/Wodarczyk/Keniston accident). However, I am unsure.

Needless to say, I found it to be very captivating. The next TMMC race that I watched was the 2007 Round of Daytona, and over the next few weeks, I watched every race of 2007 and 2008 through the 2009 Round of Australia (the most recent posted video at the time). I did not follow the link to Ernhrtfan Racing until just before the 2010 Round of Brazil (I didn’t even know what a forum was at the time). From then on, I have followed the EFR forums.

I always had an interest in participating in the forums, myself, but felt that I did not know how to until I was 14 years old, when I joined on May 11, 2012. My computer broke that July and was not repaired for a month, and while I continued to follow the forums afterwards, I didn’t actually make another post until January of 2013. Since then, I have greatly enjoyed meeting the other members and being a part of EFR!
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BooyakaDragon on Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:54 pm

Well back in 2009 I saw my first TM Master Cup race, and mostly followed the series whenever I remembered to check it. I didn't join the forum though until last year, mainly because the atmosphere felt intimidating and I'm prone to uh....make unintentional and dumb mistakes on forums. F1fan talked me into signing up though Razz
BooyakaDragon
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TPGRacing75 on Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:04 pm

I started with a FARC elite series racing in 2011-2012, when first got into it, i came back a few years later and had no idea about the changes, but still liked it. FARC is what made me get nr2003 in the first place, and I enjoy being here, and cant wait until the 2016 FARC season starts!
TPGRacing75
Development Driver
Development Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UndyingLight on Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:37 am

I might be late, oh what the hell. I want to do this.

Awhile back in 2013, I was absolutely obsessed with NR2003 and couldn't stop playing/watching the game. After awhile, I came upon the 2009 season, the Daytona round (lot of Daytonas here). I watched it all the way through and was hooked from then on. I watched TMMC 2009, 10, 11, and 12 in a span of 3 weeks. Later on in the year, after rewatching some of the TMMC, I ran upon TM Cup (which I wish still existed, also, Cy, if I were to take one of the drivers from TM Cup that have only been used by you, would you be okay with it?) (Basically reviving a driver that was destroyed when you lost your computer)
And I was hooked, I watched it fully and loved James Lombardi (who I would enter as a driver into a league after so long without notice if Cy should permit). Completely and utterly distraught because I couldn't find any more races such as these, I finally dug in deep and found an ARLA race. Once again, I got completely hooked and took hold of some drivers that I like and wish wold come back. (Rene Recarmier being my favourite driver of the series).

Now, 3 years later, I have some of my own custom leagues and I have invested myself in Dash Cup, PCC, BAAR, PART, FARC and among others. I officially joined back in September, but entirely forgot about the site until about a month ago.

So here I am!
UndyingLight
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top