And Foyt's new IndyCar driver is....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

And Foyt's new IndyCar driver is....

Post by flyingturns89 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:38 pm

Mike Conway! Conway will drive the #14 ABC Supply Honda for A.J. Foyt Enterprises for the 2012 IZOD IndyCar Series Season. Conway leaves the #27 team and Andretti Autosport following a difficult season that saw him as high as fourth in points at one point, but he then failed to qualify for the Indy 500. Despite winning a race in 2011, Conway ended up 17th in points at the season's end, 313 behind champion Dario Franchitti. Oddly enough, Conway finished behind the driver he's replacing in points this year. Vitor Meira, who has driven for Foyt since the final race of the 2008 season, was 16th in points.
avatar
flyingturns89
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2713
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: And Foyt's new IndyCar driver is....

Post by f1fan12 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:58 pm

So thats two seats Andretti needs to fill. I want Simona to get a seat. But thats wishful thinking. Sad
avatar
f1fan12
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2530
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 22
Location : Bay Village Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: And Foyt's new IndyCar driver is....

Post by Alpineopossum on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:12 pm

ConMan!!!
avatar
Alpineopossum
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1847
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 20
Location : Cleveland

View user profile http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: And Foyt's new IndyCar driver is....

Post by nepatsfan02 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:14 pm

i think this is a great move by foyt
avatar
nepatsfan02
Development Driver
Development Driver

Posts : 74
Join date : 2011-09-24
Age : 19
Location : wut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: And Foyt's new IndyCar driver is....

Post by Jason Hamilton on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:51 pm

AJ, Y U NO SIGN BERTRAND BAGUETTE
avatar
Jason Hamilton
Champion
Champion

Posts : 713
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 19
Location : Somewhere that can spell colour correctly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: And Foyt's new IndyCar driver is....

Post by flyingturns89 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:56 pm

f1fan12 wrote:So thats two seats Andretti needs to fill. I want Simona to get a seat. But thats wishful thinking. Sad

I think, if I've heard correctly, that if Conway did not return to Andretti, they would not run the #27. They have not had a full time sponsor for that car since Kanaan was driving the #11 for them.

Also, Simona will be running the #78 car for HVM Racing again, except this time with power and sponsor from Lotus.
avatar
flyingturns89
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2713
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: And Foyt's new IndyCar driver is....

Post by racingfreak1999 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:52 am

flyingturns89 wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:So thats two seats Andretti needs to fill. I want Simona to get a seat. But thats wishful thinking. Sad

I think, if I've heard correctly, that if Conway did not return to Andretti, they would not run the #27. They have not had a full time sponsor for that car since Kanaan was driving the #11 for them.

Also, Simona will be running the #78 car for HVM Racing again, except this time with power and sponsor from Lotus.
There is still Oriol Servia and James Hinchcliffe. Danica's old seat would probably go to one of them.
avatar
racingfreak1999
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1028
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 26
Location : Long Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: And Foyt's new IndyCar driver is....

Post by Tanrar on Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:28 am

MIKE CONWAY! Very Happy
avatar
Tanrar
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1068
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 21
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: And Foyt's new IndyCar driver is....

Post by f1fan12 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:41 pm

racingfreak1999 wrote:
flyingturns89 wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:So thats two seats Andretti needs to fill. I want Simona to get a seat. But thats wishful thinking. Sad

I think, if I've heard correctly, that if Conway did not return to Andretti, they would not run the #27. They have not had a full time sponsor for that car since Kanaan was driving the #11 for them.

Also, Simona will be running the #78 car for HVM Racing again, except this time with power and sponsor from Lotus.
There is still Oriol Servia and James Hinchcliffe. Danica's old seat would probably go to one of them.

You could always buy out contracts. Hinchcliffe and Servia wouldn't be too bad. But I still think, Simona, or even Ed Carpenter, would do better with that car. Because, if Ed, didn't announce his own team, I would bet he would be in the 27 or the 7.

avatar
f1fan12
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2530
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 22
Location : Bay Village Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: And Foyt's new IndyCar driver is....

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum