Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And Foyt's new IndyCar driver is....

+3
Alpineopossum
f1fan12
flyingturns89
7 posters

Go down

And Foyt's new IndyCar driver is.... Empty And Foyt's new IndyCar driver is....

Post by flyingturns89 Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:38 pm

Mike Conway! Conway will drive the #14 ABC Supply Honda for A.J. Foyt Enterprises for the 2012 IZOD IndyCar Series Season. Conway leaves the #27 team and Andretti Autosport following a difficult season that saw him as high as fourth in points at one point, but he then failed to qualify for the Indy 500. Despite winning a race in 2011, Conway ended up 17th in points at the season's end, 313 behind champion Dario Franchitti. Oddly enough, Conway finished behind the driver he's replacing in points this year. Vitor Meira, who has driven for Foyt since the final race of the 2008 season, was 16th in points.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

And Foyt's new IndyCar driver is.... Empty Re: And Foyt's new IndyCar driver is....

Post by f1fan12 Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:58 pm

So thats two seats Andretti needs to fill. I want Simona to get a seat. But thats wishful thinking. Sad
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

And Foyt's new IndyCar driver is.... Empty Re: And Foyt's new IndyCar driver is....

Post by Alpineopossum Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:12 pm

ConMan!!!
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nepatsfan02 Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:14 pm

i think this is a great move by foyt
nepatsfan02
nepatsfan02
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:51 pm

AJ, Y U NO SIGN BERTRAND BAGUETTE
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:56 pm

f1fan12 wrote:So thats two seats Andretti needs to fill. I want Simona to get a seat. But thats wishful thinking. Sad

I think, if I've heard correctly, that if Conway did not return to Andretti, they would not run the #27. They have not had a full time sponsor for that car since Kanaan was driving the #11 for them.

Also, Simona will be running the #78 car for HVM Racing again, except this time with power and sponsor from Lotus.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:52 am

flyingturns89 wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:So thats two seats Andretti needs to fill. I want Simona to get a seat. But thats wishful thinking. Sad

I think, if I've heard correctly, that if Conway did not return to Andretti, they would not run the #27. They have not had a full time sponsor for that car since Kanaan was driving the #11 for them.

Also, Simona will be running the #78 car for HVM Racing again, except this time with power and sponsor from Lotus.
There is still Oriol Servia and James Hinchcliffe. Danica's old seat would probably go to one of them.
racingfreak1999
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:28 am

MIKE CONWAY! Very Happy
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:41 pm

racingfreak1999 wrote:
flyingturns89 wrote:

There is still Oriol Servia and James Hinchcliffe. Danica's old seat would probably go to one of them.

You could always buy out contracts. Hinchcliffe and Servia wouldn't be too bad. But I still think, Simona, or even Ed Carpenter, would do better with that car. Because, if Ed, didn't announce his own team, I would bet he would be in the 27 or the 7.

f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down