Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My friend asked me this question today...

+2
gwoodard41
Vincent Giacalone
6 posters

Go down

My friend asked me this question today... Empty My friend asked me this question today...

Post by Vincent Giacalone Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:21 pm

If someone buys, say, a Jeep, now that Fiat owns Chrysler, will the profits go to America or Italy?
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

My friend asked me this question today... Empty Re: My friend asked me this question today...

Post by gwoodard41 Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:10 pm

It's like asking, if I buy a Chevrolet, do the profits go to the government or back to the people? << :trollface:

I believe that a majority go to the American based facilities, some goes to Fiat in Italy and the rest goes into who knows where.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

My friend asked me this question today... Empty Re: My friend asked me this question today...

Post by Mother of Invention Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:46 pm

Please don't let crosby or pudgebomber see this thread >_>

I think most of the Dodge cars are made in the USA I think most Ford or Chevy's are made in Canada or Mexico, and Honda, Nissan and Toyota are mostly in the USA

Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:47 pm

I believe it is split.
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:56 pm

Blake Camphausen wrote:I believe it is split.

I think this is close, but I think that Fiat and Chrylser decided ahead of time how they were going to split the profits.

GM on the other hand is different. The government is more than likely getting paid back in stocks not actual profit because they are share holders.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:44 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:I think most of the Dodge cars are made in the USA I think most Ford or Chevy's are made in Canada or Mexico, and Honda, Nissan and Toyota are mostly in the USA

Correct although Chrysler has a huge plant in Mexico where the Neon and a couple of other models were built. I dont know what is produced there now but still very much in use. A lot of stuff from the big 3 comes from Windsor now, they shut down a lot of stateside production. The Japanese are actually bigger employers over here although the parts are still sourced from Japan. Kinda sad.

About the profits, I couldnt tell ya altough the Fiat branch of the Chrysler dealer here just popped up
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:56 pm

over here although the parts are still sourced from Japan. Kinda sad.

lolwut? Denso and AISIN have plants near where I live that employ Americans.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:10 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:
over here although the parts are still sourced from Japan. Kinda sad.

lolwut? Denso and AISIN have plants near where I live that employ Americans.

Doesn't matter. The plastic for those parts still comes from overseas. The company still has its profits shipped back to its headquarters overseas. When it comes to companies, a true American based company would have everything made and built here. Almost every company like Toyota, Nissian, and others send and receive things from overseas even though the produce may be manufactured here.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down