2017 PCC Series Silly Season

Go down

2017 PCC Series Silly Season Empty 2017 PCC Series Silly Season

Post by Syzygy on Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:23 pm

Got some wild stuff to post that has no factual basis? Got some hot stove rumors? POST THEM! Go nuts.

Please note: I will be holding off on any team-related rumors or announcements (barring teams being bought out or such) until teams begin clinching themselves into their respective series later in the season. With that...

PCC Cup Series to Expand to 15 Teams?

Recent PCC Cup Series promotional materials for next season have strongly suggested that there will be 15 full-time teams in 2017, as opposed to 14 in 2016. This would see field sizes increase from 42 to 45 cars at each race. While this has not been confirmed or denied by any executives within the series, rumors have begun to swirl regarding the implications of this season's Promotion-Relegation battle.

The most popular rumor is that only the bottom two teams in the PCC Cup Series in 2016 will be relegated, while the top three teams from the PCC Lites Series (barring any promotion deferments) will still move up to the Cup Series. The series did confirm that "at least 14" teams will compete next season.

Mansfield to Dirt in 2017

For the first time since 1999, racing fans will see dirt back on Mansfield's half-mile track in the 2017 racing season. The facility originally opened in 1959 as a dirt track, but was paved over with asphalt in April 1999. All three PCC National Series are expected to return to Mansfield Motorsports Park in 2017, but disputes have begun between the track owners, promoters, and the PCC Cup Series over the track's status as an over-capacity event. If the PCC Cup Series returns as expected in 2017, it will be the first time the series has raced on dirt since 1995, the last year the series ran at Mansfield Motorsports Park prior to it's paving.

Truck Series to Expand to 28 Teams

The PCC Trucks Series grid will be expanding to 28 full-time teams in 2017, according to recent promotional material. The series has begun accepting applications and bids from prospective team owners, but no teams have been announced for the four open slots. This grid size increase is only expected to cause capacity issues at one track on the PCC Trucks Series calendar, the Round of Garrettsville at the Nelson Ledges Road Course.

(OOC: I would like to fill these four spots with trucks owned by users who have no teams or drivers competing full-time currently in any of the three PCC National Series. Pacman )

Syzygy
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

2017 PCC Series Silly Season Empty Re: 2017 PCC Series Silly Season

Post by Magus978 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:19 pm

Delgado Looking For Equal Billing With Durbin & Bellard Before Re-Signing With Manticore

Tom Delgado is 3rd in the drivers points with 8 top 10's. Yet, he is the only Manticore driver yet to record a win or even a top 5, and he believes he knows why. Delgado, 42, claimed in an interview that his #3 team are "left to our own devices while they work with the #2 and #8 teams, and thus I don't feel like I have equal billing with Louis (Bellard) & Ike (Durbin)". Delgado went on to express concerns that down the stretch if both he and Durbin are still in contention, they will throw all their weight to Durbin and deny him a proper chance at the championship.

"I want to stay at Manticore. I want to win championships, and the equipment provided gives us a chance to do it. However, I need to have renewed assurances that I will be on equal footing with my fellow drivers. I don't know what I'll do if I don't get them, but I'll cross that bridge if I have to. I'm not asking for any more money than I'm already making, just a commitment" Delgado added. If by chance he ends up out at Manticore, there are rumblings that he will re-open Tom Delgado Racing and race trucks at the bottom of the PCC pyramid in a bid to carry his team up the ranks.

In his career, Tom Delgado has 1 PCC Cup win, coming in 2014 in his home state at the New York Autoring.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:08 pm

Long Wants Chance at PCC Cup Series

PCC Lites team co-owner Tony Long announced earlier today that he wants an opportunity to drive in the PCC Cup Series no matter if his Lites teams gets promoted. Tony would be contending for rookie of the year if the ride happens.

"Yeeeesssss….my creations in Lites have been a little, hehe, buggy to say the least" Tony stated. "Once I rebooted...I mean, once they got their heads out of their rears, they have actually looooookked decent behind the wheel of those speed demons. Ahhh...I can see it now, my plan for world domination is coming together!"

Umm...what he is referring to is his Lites drivers, Romain Carpant and Dima Van Hall, had a slow start to the season but have recently climbed their way up the team standings. Neither driver has made it to the podium but they have both come close.

"I think that the screws loose were finally screwed in" Tony continued. "Ah, just wait, Carpant Deux and Van Hall To will conquer the Lites season because EVERYTHING...is better than the original!"

If you excuse us, we might have to have a couple of drinks.

(OOC: I am turning my name sake in to a mad scientist whose drivers are robots disguised as human beings. I am still working out a few bugs with the characters.)

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 on Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:36 am

Status Quo to most likely return for TurboSports in 2017

TurboSports team owner, this time speaking only in screams of pure agony, was interpreted to be saying that the status quo will stay with the team in 2017. Assuming the team stays in PCC Lights, Constantine thinks that the team can be turned around. "We really messed up the setups for 2016. We can't change it now, but we can in 2017, and as we have learned a lot we can make ourselves at least a competent team" Constantine was quoted as while the entire room fell into despair from the eldritch noises that were actually coming out of his mouth.
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC38X7A4OTUNE5rYROv9Bnzw

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 on Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:20 pm

BREAKING: Tom Delgado Leaving Manticore Engineering

Days after seeking assurances that he will have equal billing with teammates Ike Durbin and Louis Bellard, it is apparent that Tom Delgado has not been given such accommodation. Therefore, Delgado has announced via Twitter that he will not return to Manticore Engineering next season.

"Tonight after my tier two qualifying race, I have informed Manticore Engineering that I will not be returning for next season. I would like to thank Manticore Engineering for taking a chance on me this season, and I hope to provide good results for the rest of the season before moving on. My future has never been brighter, and I expect to be making noise next season wherever I race. Please continue to join me on this wild ride we call motorsports." Delgado said in a series of tweets hours after his tier two qualifying race for the round of Russia. While there is a chance that Delgado, 42, could stay in the top division, it is almost certain that there will not be a demand for his services due to his high wages, thus assuring that he will have to drop down at least one tier in order to find a race-winning drive.

The popular rumor at the moment is that Delgado will take next season off to assess whether or not he has a future in the sport, despite his bullish tweets.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitro555 on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:33 pm

Kordola seeking a drive for 2017 season
Zane Kordola, out of Pennsylvania, has announced that he plans to enter PCC Competition. Kordola has not confirmed where he plans to make his appearances, but it will likely be in PCC Trucks. Kordola successfully qualified for his first PCC Cup Series race in his maiden attempt by winning his qualifier, despite some controversy relating to him sandbagging in pole qualifying.
Nitro555
Nitro555
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf on Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:37 am

Lester's future uncertain, aims to return to Cup

Through a solid season in PCC Lites thus far, Casey Lester's 2017 plans are up in the air still. The 29-year-old has performed within the top ten in Lites standings for A.J. Murphy's team in their second car, currently 99 points behind title favorite Sam Burkhart and sitting 5th overall.

"Things have gone very well this year," Lester told media Friday morning. "I was not expecting to be a championship contender, but I knew we were capable of results like we've gotten this season and A.J. [Murphy] has been nothing but great to me. I am very grateful for the opportunity and I hope we keep climbing the standings and make a run at Burkhart and company."

He has yet to win a PCC-sanctioned race, having scored a top five and four top tens while experiencing two DNFs. After entering the Cup series in 2011 with Dodge Performance Racing, he struggled mightily in his rookie season and was later replaced in the middle of the 2012 season after 5 races in Ryan Griffin's #44 Mopar Dodge for poor performance. He has been a mainstay in the PCC paddock and aims to return to the Cup series eventually. Will that return be in 2017?

"I can't say for sure. I haven't been too focused on that situation and moreso am trying to focus on the task at hand of performing well with this 29 team. I hear that Sal Torregrossa is looking to come to the U.S. and race more over here and I've reached out to him about it; I'd be interested to work with him and see what plans we could come up with. He's a very talented driver who would be exciting to watch. I could learn some more road course tips from him too, I'm sure! This team has been great to me and we haven't ironed out anything for next year yet, but I am keeping all options open. Like I said, they have been nothing but great to me and there is still room for us to grow before the season is up."
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter249 on Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:33 pm

Genesis Engineering to return?
Genesis Engineering is very likely to return in the 2017 season, it is unclear exactly which series they will be in but only time will tell.
Dexter249
Dexter249
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, North America,Earth,Sol,Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way, Universe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zfitzwater599 on Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:36 am

Fitzwater Australia Racing will return to Trucks for 2017 Season

FAR driver and team owner has hinted that a return to the PCC Trucks will happen and Wilson Security will also return as his sponsor
zfitzwater599
zfitzwater599
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down