RROL Revival? UPDATE - MOD CHOSEN

Go down

RROL Revival? UPDATE - MOD CHOSEN

Post by Woody on Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:11 pm

Hello all. I have been thinking about reviving the RROL (to start up again in 2019). I hope this is an appropriate setting for this thread.... Right now, I just wanna gauge interest in participation.

This time around the RROL will only compete within the continental United States, primarily/mostly with American manufacturers that also produce standard consumer street vehicles. I’m thinking 30 cars MAX, but it could be adjusted depending on interest. No more than 40 for sure. Some of the concepts I’m applying with Stocklantis will be in use here.

Currently I’m not set on a mod, but I’m definitely leaning toward the 2017 NXS (Xfinity) mod. I’d prefer to use a mod currently not in use by another canon series.... so that rules out the Pinty Series mod, the Muscle Car Late Model mod, and some others that I’m honestly not 100% sure of (input here would be appreciated) - admittedly I haven’t been keeping up other than for the past couple of months, since I took a break from all of this.

There should be plenty of room in this series as well, considering I’m planning on having 5 entries or less overall. And I will be saving a few spots for a close friend but expect more than 20 spots will be available. I’d like for most of the series to made up of drivers that are not mine.

I’m thinking a 12-16 race schedule.... maybe 20. A typical year-long points tally style system is the most likely to be used but it will likely be an unorthodox system (at least for stock car racing).

Commentators would be Woody Watts and another former RROL driver

Last edited by Woody on Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : thread title change)

Woody
Development Series Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RROL Revival? UPDATE - MOD CHOSEN

Post by Cardinals5 on Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:37 pm

I'd be interested if you were to revive the series
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NascarAwesomeSquid24 on Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:46 pm

I would love to be interested if you revived this series because I would love to be in it as a driver.
NascarAwesomeSquid24
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRealNathNath on Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:02 am

I would be very interested in this
TheRealNathNath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UndyingLight on Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:48 am

I'd love to see it revived!
UndyingLight
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zfitzwater599 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:09 am

Love to see the revival
zfitzwater599
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken on Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:53 am

Hallelujah!

Revival-- get it?!

Oh well, anyway-- glad to have you back and hope you re-launch this series!

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:55 pm

I'd be interested...
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Yesterday at 8:38 am

Okay ya'll.... I'm excited to share new developments for the RROL's reincarnation with you.

The series will return using the SiModified.com SK Modifieds mod (CTS physics)! bounce

When things are closer to set up, I'm planning on reaching out to our friend who ran the CRL, and offering him some of the first spots in the series.  Wink

I can tell you now that the series will be competing primarily on the East Coast (considering races in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin as well) on ovals of 1.5 miles or less and I would like to have a couple of road courses on the schedule as well. Most likely the series goes only as far south as Georgia, and definitely no further west than Wisconsin (if that far). Other than PA and WI, every other track I'm considering is in a coastal state.

I am guaranteeing a schedule of 16 total races or less and the tire supplier will be Goodyear.

Things to do:

• Create series logo
  • Create series contingencies
  • Create series templates (working on producing 2048x2048s for this...  I love you )
    -I chatted with Cynon about which canonical manufacturers would be interested in participating in the RROL - looks like Lenard is definitely in, Saar is possibility.
  • Set the schedule
  • Develop a point system
  • First round sign-ups (positions will be offered to active moderators here and CRL, myself and my friend Eric)
    -I will make sure this doesn't take up too many of the positions, more than half will still be available by round 2.
  • Second round sign-ups (open to the public here on the forum - first come first serve)

I may have missed something but I think that covers most of it......
feel free to let me know of any suggestions you have or ideas you would like to see implemented...!

Woody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down