Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2019 Changes & Suggestions Thread

5 posters

Go down

The 2019 Changes & Suggestions Thread Empty The 2019 Changes & Suggestions Thread

Post by Ceej Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:32 am

Every year, I seem to start thinking about the changes I want to make to the series shortly after the season begins.

Here's what I'm thinking about changing or adding for the 2019 FARC season so far, and I will welcome suggestions or criticism.

-The Lowe Dollar Series field will certainly be reduced. Most races at high-capacity tracks wouldn't have a ton of teams failing to qualify like what we're seeing this year, and some races at far-flung tracks (that is, tracks very far outside of Tornado Alley) are likely to have short fields by design. I'd rather not have more than 12-15 teams running every race, with no more than about 30 teams running enough races for the championship.

-With that said, there will likely be 50 points-paying positions, and the extra points would be awarded in B-mains that would take the place of the trophy dashes and first stages of the low-capacity races from this year.

-The Lowe Dollar Series schedule could feature 18-20 races, with the minimum number of races for championship eligibility being reduced to 8. Race length may increase by 50% on average.

-Some tracks might feature double headers, with both races taking place on different configurations or different tracks on the same property.

-The Truck Series might split into two divisions, one continuing to use the PWF CTS mod, and the other representing smaller trucks with the Smiffsden UK Pickups mod.

-The Super Series might adopt a 2-heats-and-a-feature race format.
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

The 2019 Changes & Suggestions Thread Empty Re: The 2019 Changes & Suggestions Thread

Post by Backmarker Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:36 pm

I like the Super and Truck series and the race format the way they are. Reducing the field sizes is totally understandable.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

The 2019 Changes & Suggestions Thread Empty Re: The 2019 Changes & Suggestions Thread

Post by Mother of Invention Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:51 pm

Slightly longer races in all three series but especially the lower tier. Since you aren't doing any form of editing with the SS and Trucks I think you could get 75-100 laps for 50-75 for trucks.

Bring back the Cup90 mod in some capacity (Super series only?)

Part time drivers in the lower teirs (maybe)

I'd like to see the following tracks make it on the schedules next year: Beech Ridge, Dover 70 (Can be placed anywhere in the world), Nazereth, Pocono (I'd like to see a few extra super speedways), Rockingham NC, Watkins Glen, Flemington, That one track Woody used for Boise in RROL.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by historyracer Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:00 am

Maybe bring back the 50/50 sprints.
historyracer
historyracer
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:36 am

(Personal) Feedback

- Reduced field sizes sounds like a good idea to me. I think that it would be nice to have fewer/no DNQs on a regular basis.

- Double header races sound like fun!

- Personally I think that the Truck Series works well as a single division. I'm very partial to the CTS mod, so although I would suggest sticking with that specific mod, said suggestion probably shouldn't be taken super-seriously. Razz

- On a similar note, I love how you've been running the Super Series and the Truck Series. I would be just as fine with a Heats/Feature format as without, but the drivers, teams, and types of (and variety of) tracks are all great!

(Personal) Suggestions

- Return to Berlin. The 2019 Changes & Suggestions Thread 215644238

- I wouldn't mind if there were one road course and one dirt track on the Super Series schedule (seeing as how prominent that road racing is in this canon). If you prefer to keep the asphalt late models on asphalt, however, then that's understandable.

- This is very unimportant, but maybe encourage those who run limited schedules to include races that would presumably have larger prize payouts (maybe San Antonio or Cicero)? Like I said that's hardly a matter of importance, but just an idea.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down