About Next Season...

Go down

About Next Season...

Post by Cynon on Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:29 pm

I do plan another season of the TM Master Cup series, but with a few things everyone should be aware of...

- It will be a 2019 season. 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 will all be mention only. I have somewhat of an objection to not showing when someone else's driver scores their first win. If that's not an issue for you, let me know.
- I'm going to assume that the driving lineups for most teams won't have changed much that hasn't been mentioned in videos already, except with house drivers (my drivers) getting swapped around occasionally...
- 2019 will have a lot of shakeups to the driver lineups due to drivers retiring, making career gambles, etcetera. Some user drivers will find themselves in potentially race-winning cars pretty much immediately.
- Schedule changes as well. Houston will likely be back. San Antonio will open the season. Juarez might be on the calendar... a few of the other tracks I've made might be on the calendar... a few more goofy tracks might make it onto the schedule...
- Depending on what schedule changes are made will affect the Independent's Trophy, but I would expect IT cars to run all 4 of their guaranteed races consecutively (in other words, you run the first four races, the second four races...). Unlike previous seasons, I might make Promoter's Options count.

- Switching to the Pinty's mod. I had a hand in the templates for that mod, shouldn't be a surprise when you look at it that way. The Ford, Chevy, and Dodge meshes on the Pintys mod have all been allocated to existing manufacturers.
- Customer cars will be legal again, because I don't have the patience to make more than around 4 or 5 cars look unique. In other words, the Omecha is gone. Volpi will have two models available, the current and previous year's model, and it should be easy to guess which one will be made more available to customer teams... Razz
- That doesn't mean that independent makes will be banned, the Matthews Aspira will be usable, among others. I just won't be making them.

- Possible change to the race video format. I'm going to make more of a conscious effort to hold them to around 25 minutes long, but I expect that to fail about as spectacularly as any time Tolyatti attempts to be competent.
- TM Lights is going to become mostly mention-only, but there's a chance occasional "highlights" get shown, and when I say "highlights", I mean only if there's something amusing that needs to be shown in pre-race.

Online Wins: 23
Last Win: Formula 5 @ Road America
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan, usually found curled up in the fetal position.
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

Cynon
Admin

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: About Next Season...

Post by Cardinals5 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:27 pm

Happy to see the series isn't dead! Very Happy
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:23 pm

- That doesn't mean that independent makes will be banned, the Matthews Aspira will be usable, among others. I just won't be making them.

Oh yes, it will. Very Happy

(Translation: the template is about 90 percent done and has been for a while. Just have some finishing touches to make as soon as someone fixes the headlight wrapping issue.....Razz)
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockeyusa81 on Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:59 am

Looking forward to the 2019 season and beyond
Hockeyusa81
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign on Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:13 pm

I would be willing to take up operation of TM Lights if necessary. Would be favorable to doing race write-ups like TM Lights used to have.
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by historyracer on Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:41 pm

Can't wait.
historyracer
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:19 pm

I like a lot of the changes coming. I think the spirit of the TM Master Cup Series is one of the best around. The TM Master Cup Series is a series in which every race that is posted, makes me smile. I am kind of glad for the "return to 2011" kind of approach as I am kind of getting from this post. I could be completely wrong though.
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 on Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:58 am

Looking forward to it!
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:09 pm

I wonder how many, if any. on track deaths may have occurred within that time span!

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UndyingLight on Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:37 am

I am very excited. I've wanted this for a very long time!

Derrike Chaiter will probably return and will probably still be 'ehhhh' at racing. Razz
UndyingLight
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Cardinals5 wrote:Happy to see the series isn't dead! Very Happy

It lives, unlike the West Midland Bullring.

gone-sovereign wrote:I would be willing to take up operation of TM Lights if necessary. Would be favorable to doing race write-ups like TM Lights used to have.

Noted.

historyracer wrote:Can't wait.

Neither can I. I've actually kind of gotten a head start on things like templates (the new Gessler is almost done), contig sheets, and a few bases.

f1fan12 wrote:I like a lot of the changes coming. I think the spirit of the TM Master Cup Series is one of the best around. The TM Master Cup Series is a series in which every race that is posted, makes me smile. I am kind of glad for the "return to 2011" kind of approach as I am kind of getting from this post. I could be completely wrong though.

Kind of.

SnakePlissken wrote:I wonder how many, if any. on track deaths may have occurred within that time span!

I am not at liberty to answer this question.

UndyingLight wrote:I am very excited. I've wanted this for a very long time!

Derrike Chaiter will probably return and will probably still be 'ehhhh' at racing. Razz

Oh he won't be the only one that will probably return.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:45 am

Just now saw this. Excited to see what comes for TMMC in the future!
JMac525
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NascarAwesomeSquid24 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:26 pm

I can't wait to sign up for the 2019 TM Master Cup Series.
I hope that my team will make its debut next season.
NascarAwesomeSquid24
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:32 pm

I'm also considering reskins to tracks that aren't that pretty or are... a tiny bit ugly. Kinda like what I did with Moncton, Houston, Ocean State etc...

So if there's a track with minimal track scenery that looks like it'd be a good track to reskin for the series... let me know.

I'm also considering slightly more regional race names where it's applicable. For example, a race at Cape Cod might not be the "Round of Massachusetts", but the "Round of Cape Cod" or "Round of New England".

A few events that I've considered;

- Reskin/reprofiled Castle Gorge (I actually did talk to the track creator about this and I've run in two league races on the reconfigured track. Basically imagine if it had half the banking it did when Ceej ran it.)
- Northern California/Pacific Northwest races
- Four Canadian races (HLR will stay for sure. A "Saturday" race at Toronto with no Independents Trophy cars as a support event has been considered.)
- A New Zealand race (Don't count on this one though)
- Both Gravis City tracks as points races (Zone 11 might be a totally separate event)
- Cape Cod (there's something incredibly likeable about this track even if an AI race there isn't the greatest sometimes)
- Steelback Stadium.
- Cleveland
- A track in Minnesota.
- Muskogee.

Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by historyracer on Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:40 pm

I know there is a track in the NR2003 community called 3fourty9. The Pokemon Cup Series on youtube runs it if you want to take a look at it your self
historyracer
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:22 pm

historyracer wrote:I know there is a track in the NR2003 community called 3fourty9. The Pokemon Cup Series on youtube runs it if you want to take a look at it your self

If memory serves me correctly, the CRL Modified Series used to run on that circuit.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zfitzwater599 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:57 am

Cant wait to see the 2019 TMMC Series Season to get underway. HYPE
zfitzwater599
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:52 pm

I'm excited to see what's next! I'd love to see a race at Cleveland or see Castle Gorge get some new life.
JMac525
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DunnTheRacer on Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:06 pm

2019 is going to be lit. I can't wait!
DunnTheRacer
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

View user profile